Notices
Electrics to Glow Conversions Are you converting an electric airplane to glow and need help? Have you already converted an airplane and you want to show it off and give some tips? This is your forum. Enjoy.

Mini Pulse

Old 11-09-2014, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Pulse

Has anyone converted the Mini Pulse to glow?If so what size engine?I have a OS.10LA,15LA,25FSR,and a Saito 30fs.Any suggestions would be great.

Later Jim
Old 11-14-2014, 09:27 PM

Man this thread is dead!I put the OS 10LA in my Pulse,turned out pretty good.I even put the cowl back on,just waiting on a inch and three quarter spinner.It's got a two oz Sullivan fuel tank,thats as big as I could fit in the space between the firewall and the first former.I hope the little E-flite servos hold up through the first flight.I wish I knew how to post pictures off my phone.My next project is to convert my Leader 480 to glow,I've got an NIB OS 25 FSR that should power it just fine.I hate buying and charging batteries,and no noise or smell coming out of my planes.

Later Jim
Old 11-17-2014, 01:05 PM
My Feedback: (12)

I'm guessing that the Mini Pulse, and the Mini Pulse XT are one & the same ??? If so, .....................a few years back, the xt on glo was a pretty popular combo. The plane was a bit lighter than the "Lil' Extra", and, if memory serves me right, guys were getting OK results with a good running .09 or .10. I'd lean towards the .15. I think that when the Little Extra went outta production, that's when the Pulse got a little more popular. Never did own the Pulse, so be advised, all this "info" is second hand. Only thing "bad" 'bout the Pulse; it's a bit pricey. .............................. George K

Last edited by mtntopgeo; 11-17-2014 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-23-2014, 09:18 PM

Well maidened my Mini Pulse "XT" today,and gotta say it is probably the best flying model I have right now.The little OS 10 pulled it around quite well.Only took a few clicks of up trim.It does everything it's big brother does and just as well too.Mine came out at 26.4 oz ready to fly,about 2 oz heavier than the e-powered version.I flew it as an e-powered model for about two years,and I can say it flys the same with either power source.It flys for about eight minutes on 3 oz of fuel with enough reserve for a couple of go arounds.All I did to convert it was cut about a half inch off the motor mount and lay in a piece of quarter inch plywood and some fiberglass cloth and epoxy for added strength,also fuel proofed the whole front section of the model with some Brodak airplane dope.Thats it.Now on to my next project converting a Leader 480 to glow.

Later Jim
Old 11-24-2014, 01:36 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to convert this one. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXDRCW&P=ML
Old 11-24-2014, 01:47 PM
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bladejunkie
Man this thread is dead!I put the OS 10LA in my Pulse,turned out pretty good.I even put the cowl back on,just waiting on a inch and three quarter spinner.It's got a two oz Sullivan fuel tank,thats as big as I could fit in the space between the firewall and the first former.I hope the little E-flite servos hold up through the first flight.I wish I knew how to post pictures off my phone.My next project is to convert my Leader 480 to glow,I've got an NIB OS 25 FSR that should power it just fine.I hate buying and charging batteries,and no noise or smell coming out of my planes.

Later Jim
Not to mention that your brand new motor, esc and batteries have lost their resale value almost instantly. That and the fact that batteries have a shelf life whereas an engine will last many many years if you take basic care.

The little engines can be found for small money and a gallon of fuel goes a long way at 2 oz. a flight.