Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Exceed RC Support - Helicopter
Reload this Page >

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Helicopter Discuss all Helicopter Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 04:17 PM
joliyosa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

I started flying an ExceedRC Raptor G2 a bit after simulator training a couple of months ago. It was ok to fly near hovering. But, a few days ago, it just spins with no tail rotor effects.

The tail rotor servo functions fine, the ruber pulley is ok, the two main gears are fine, the tail rotors run fine. The helicopter just spins counter clockwise by looking down, not clockwise as the main blades. I have replaced the tail rotor servo to a new one and fastned as original but there is no difference.

The gyro appears sending signals to the servo because if I move the helicopter by hand, the tail rotor angle changes. Is the tail rotor speed controlled by some part, which is to be replaced? It appears the tail rotor speed increases as the main rotor blade speed increases. But the speed might not be strong enough.

Anyone, please instruct me to fix the cause.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:02 PM
franklinbw36

Default RE: Exceed-RC Raptor G2 Keeps Spining

[:@]My Raptor is doing the same thing. I'm beginning to thing the rudder servo is bad. I have did ever adjustment, atleast I think I did, but the spinning with not stop. It's like the more I do to try and stop the spinning the more the spinning increases.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:31 AM
franklinbw36

I got sometime to read the manual for the Raptor. We have to adjust the rudder servo on the tail boom. The tubing around the rudder rod maybe the issue here. We have to secure that housing and make sure that the servo is lined up correctly.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 PM
yadac123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

make sure your gyro is sent to reverse.

Thanks
ORIGINAL: franklinbw36

I got sometime to read the manual for the Raptor. We have to adjust the rudder servo on the tail boom. The tubing around the rudder rod maybe the issue here. We have to secure that housing and make sure that the servo is lined up correctly.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:54 PM
joliyosa

Customer services of ExceedRC.com and Xheli.com does not exist!! All my tech inquireries have been just ignored. There is no Manual how to fix any troubles. I went to Walkera.com by finding that Raptor G2 is just a copy cat of Walkera 36. I could get parts from Hongkong in a few days.

I learned to find the cause in a hard way by experimenting many.
- When the tail rotor holding pin is slipping because the rubber pully inside the tail section is damaged, the tail blade did not rotate occasionally or well to the heli started spinning for the tail not being effective. The fix is to glue the tail pully to the shaft not to freely rotate. The rubber puly was available only from Walkera, Hongkong at a few dollors.

The tail servo burnt three times no matter how I adjusted the TX and G011 by getting new servos three times. Instead of keep buying the replacement, I bought and installed Futaba GY401 and S9254 Combo via HeliHobby.com at $199.99. The heli is flying very well with the high stability heading!
Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 AM
franklinbw36

Dam, you just save me a big headache. My heli is sitting here busted up right now because of those dam faulty servos. I will never buy another heli from xheli, because it seems to me, they are just in it for the money. At first my raptor took off smoovely, then it just went into a wild uncontrolable spin and smack the ground hard. Dam was bad but the heli can be fixed. I was just talking to one of my buddies about just changing out all the factory parts and either go with specktrum or fubata combo. If you ask me the gyros that come with the raptor g2 is bad too.
Old 01-23-2008, 03:28 AM
yadac123

Please make sure on your gyro setting is not DS because the tail servos is not digital. Set to normal and reverse and your servo will last a long time.

Thanks
ORIGINAL: joliyosa

Customer services of ExceedRC.com and Xheli.com does not exist!! All my tech inquireries have been just ignored. There is no Manual how to fix any troubles. I went to Walkera.com by finding that Raptor G2 is just a copy cat of Walkera 36. I could get parts from Hongkong in a few days.

I learned to find the cause in a hard way by experimenting many.
- When the tail rotor holding pin is slipping because the rubber pully inside the tail section is damaged, the tail blade did not rotate occasionally or well to the heli started spinning for the tail not being effective. The fix is to glue the tail pully to the shaft not to freely rotate. The rubber puly was available only from Walkera, Hongkong at a few dollors.

The tail servo burnt three times no matter how I adjusted the TX and G011 by getting new servos three times. Instead of keep buying the replacement, I bought and installed Futaba GY401 and S9254 Combo via HeliHobby.com at $199.99. The heli is flying very well with the high stability heading!
Old 01-23-2008, 03:30 AM
yadac123

if your tail went to a spin that means your tail pulley gear is stripped. This part will fix it. http://www.xheli.com/rag2repa.html get part 50H08-26

Thanks
Andy
ORIGINAL: franklinbw36

Dam, you just save me a big headache. My heli is sitting here busted up right now because of those dam faulty servos. I will never buy another heli from xheli, because it seems to me, they are just in it for the money. At first my raptor took off smoovely, then it just went into a wild uncontrolable spin and smack the ground hard. Dam was bad but the heli can be fixed. I was just talking to one of my buddies about just changing out all the factory parts and either go with specktrum or fubata combo. If you ask me the gyros that come with the raptor g2 is bad too.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:06 PM
hammerhead2825

hey guys; i've noticed in my short time in heli's the same phone #(626)968-9860 at, x heli, grand hobby, raidentech, nitro models, etc... it's got to be a big U.S. conglomerate warehouse based in hongkong. beware!!! this is where i bought my exceed raptor G2 which upon arrival had a cracked canopy. this was just the start of this $ nightmare.[:'(]
Old 01-25-2008, 11:47 PM
franklinbw36

Hammerhead, I notice the same thing a month ago. But I didn't want to believe that this was a possible scam to capitalize in the heli game....LOL! I have started my search on rcuniverse for other heli suppliers with good prices. I'm just going to tear down the raptor g2 and replace parts from other 400 series heli. I can't waste anymore money like this on xheli, raidentech and others from hong kong. If you look at the money you spend in shipping cost, you might as well pay regular price here in the US. Hey America, can you for give me? LOL!
Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 AM
RobBeach

Interesting... reverse phone number lookup gave me Egrandbuy Inc...
and when you go to the website you find that their prices are higher than the
"subsidiaries" interesting observation Hammer..
Old 01-26-2008, 11:00 AM
hammerhead2825

hey franklin; don't know how you feel about kongkong stores but i found this store on ebay. heli parts corner has pretty good prices, but the shipping is the kicker. $6.00 on the first part but no more on multiple parts. their site says, 1 part = $6.00/ 2 parts = $6.00/ 5 parts = $6.00.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:02 PM
yadac123

Exceed-rc sells decent products. Raptor g2 is a pro heli and it's not for beginners. Please take some repsonsibilties and fix your heli and instead sitting and screaming. I'm here to help.

Andy
Old 01-28-2008, 11:03 PM
yadac123

Exceed-rc is a USA brand and out dealers do not ship[ from Hong Kong. Come on it's shipped via UPS and the return address is in USA.

Andy
Old 01-29-2008, 12:19 AM
franklinbw36

Hey Andy, I'm not cracking on Exceed RC! I'm talking about xheli and the customer service that they provided me with. I agree that the Raptor seems to be a good heli but getting help from xheli is like trying to hold on to your money in a wicked divorce! There's just no help with them! Now, if you take that personal my friend, then thats your problem. My Raptor is fixed and sitting on the shelf for now until I get the experience. Right now I am flying a nice little 4 channel walkera getting the basics and I'm not afraid to admit, I bit off more than I could chew with the Raptor. But it's not rocket science!

So Yadac, take a chill pill, it's not all that serious! Take Care for now!
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM
yadac123

I'm sorry about this. I guess I needa break.

I help test exceed rc products and being a support member for them I see that many customer got frustrated when they can not fly their raptor g2 for the first time. Jumping straight to raptor g2 for the first time is going the hard way. It's hard to run when one haven't first learn to walk.

Andy
Old 01-29-2008, 09:22 PM
franklinbw36

No problem. Try going to school full time and working full time. It sucks dude! That's how I crashed my Raptor the first time. I was way too tired to concentrate. But I seem to be catchin onto flying now and making the adjustments as needed. I have the hoover down to a T. The hoover is so awesome that I can put the remote down on the table and let the heli hoover. The adjustments are right on point with everything at center throttle. The way I force myself to learn the helicopter, I strip my heli down to the frame and rebuilt it. It seem to fly more stable now that I adjusted the servo connection rods and the fly paddles. You adjust those correctly, you have a hoover like a big boy heli. Now once I get my heart back up for the raptor, I will align and adjust those servos as well. They say that it's Ready To Fly out the box, but even then some adjustments are needed. When I first got the Raptor they stated that the Raptor was tested before shipped. Why did I found the Servo Connectors and Rods adjust incorrectly, one was shorter then the other. They might have tested the heli to make sure it throttled up but thats all. If I was a pro and found that when throttle up it shifts to the left or right, I still would have been angry because of that Ready to Fly out the box. But as it stands, I'm not the type to take things personal. I make the adjustments now before I throttle up any heli now.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:04 PM
palmero

those any of you know why my raptor g2 does'nt take off the blades just spin really fast but it wont take off
Old 01-31-2008, 07:37 PM
palmero

hey yadac123 do you know why my raptor g2 wont take off all it does is the blades just spin really fast i would appreciate your help
Old 01-31-2008, 08:05 PM
yadac123

your pitch is off then. Increase your pitch. Unscrew the nut that connects to the pitch slider. you can see that the blades go positive and negative. increase your pitch to +2

Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 01:48 AM
Swamp3r

I bought a raptor g2 and Iam a noob. I wish I would of seen this forum before I bought it I didn't realize it was that hard to fly(thanx yadac123 ). I tested mine it lifts off around 1/4 to 1/2 throttle but wants to do a nose dive(meaning fly forward) 1 foot off the ground. I've read enough that I know I can adjust it. I want to confirm this can I adjust this with my Futaba 6EX radio. One other thing I'd like to bring up I have been on tons of forums and this has to be the most mature forum and seeing so many people helping each other is awesome.
edit: One other thing is 2.4 ghz better that a 27MHz ? Like I said I'm a noob.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
yadac123

if it nose forward then you need to balance the swash plane. Make it's planel on all directions by eyeballing it.

If you can't understand the walkera radio and its setup then it's hard for you to port over the helicopter in another radio. Futaba radio can be compatible but setting it up it a pain.

Andy
Old 02-06-2008, 05:22 PM
Yves2

Hi Andy,

The swash plate on the raptor g2, should it be level with the heli? In other words, paralel with the skid?
Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
yadac123

Yes should be flap on all directions.

Andy
Old 02-06-2008, 08:41 PM
Yves2

Thanks, Andy,

Can you send me the adjustment manual for this heli? I think I need to adjust it as for when I try to hover even with the trims all the way, it still won't come up right, it allways tip to the right.

Thanks for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.