Community
Search
Notices
Foamies! - RC Electric Foam Aircraft Discuss rc foamie electrics here (i.e. Zagi, Tazz, ProJeti, wingo)

Multiplex Easy Star

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 09:29 AM
tseavert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex Easy Star

Guys,

I got a MultiPlex Easy Star last week. I am really happy with this plane as I am just a beginner. I bought a GP Yard Stick (What a piece of crap) for my first plane and was very disappointed with it. OK back to the Easy Star, this is one tough foam aircraft. I can certainly recommend this plane to anyone starting out and looking for a durable plane. My first flight session resulted in a couple of hard impacts with no damage to the airplane. By my second afternoon of flying, I had greatly improved my flying ability, no crashes just some rough landings. Now the caponpy ejects very easily, so even under rough landings, the canopy pops off.

If anyone else has this plane, please post your experiences, tips, mods, I would like to read about them.

Later,
Tom
Old 05-16-2004, 04:20 PM
3dandpatternflyer

Default RE: Multiplex Easy Star

I bought a GP Yard Stick (What a piece of crap) for my first plane and was very disappointed with it.
I thought this plane was GREAT!! Flew very, very good!
Old 05-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Mikerjf

Best electric trainer on the market. If you want info on it do a search here, or go to ezonemag, there's a 6 part post on it (around 3000 posts) with about every mod you can imagine. Have fun.

Mike
Old 06-01-2004, 06:48 AM
Tosh

I have built and flown the Multiplex Easy Star as a first RC model. I have had no help but found the instructions good enough to end up with a thing that flies and crashes fairly well. Problems flying have been with full power nose straight in, the battery comes out through the nose. Did this twice and "landing" close to me . The best I have had is about 10 yards but the norm is about a 100 yard walk so apart from a bit of fun, it keeps me fit. Longest flight todate is 3minutes.
I have had a problem with the wing moving in flight and this making control difficult.
Has anybody had similar problems and any ideas for a modification?
Other wise a good model.
Tosh
(pensioner)
Old 06-03-2004, 05:43 PM
Mikerjf

Cg's probably off and it's probably not trimmed properly. Make sure the cg is exactly as shown in the manual. Since you're new, find a field with some high grass, switch the plane on and don't power up the motor. Rudder should be in line with the vertical stabilizer and the elevator should be no more than 1/16 up from the trailing edge of the horizontal stabilizer. When that's been checked give it a good heave straight out at shoulder level. It should go straight for a while and then land. If it banks left or right, correct with opposite rudder. If it climbs and noses in put in some down trim. If it just noses down put in some up trim. Once you get it to go straight for a bit and land power it up it pretty much flies itself.

Mike
Old 06-04-2004, 04:15 PM
Tosh

Thanks for your advice I will check CG again

Have you any experience of the wings moving slightly apart in flight. I have and am looking for a modification to prevent this.

Tosh
Old 06-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Mikerjf

Go over to Ezonemag.com, there's about 3000 posts on the Easy Star. Every modification you can think of.

Mike
Old 04-03-2005, 10:35 PM
lthibault

The trick is to use small round magnets that you glues inside the wing ends. Look at this site:
[link]http://www.detract-online.de/mpx-easystar.de/mods/detract_magneticwingsmod/index.php?lang=en[/link]
Old 04-24-2005, 08:36 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Need your help.

My friend has one of the new Multiplex Easy Gliders. It is made of the same Elapor foam as the Easy Star and some other Mulitplex planes.

In any case, I was flying it and put it into a tree. I dinged the leading
edge of one wing. Nothing too serious. A depression about the depth of half a
nickel with a small crack in the foam, maybe 1/2 inch deep. Foam was starting to return to shape after sitting about 10 minutes but not all the way back yet.

To restore this foam to shape I heard you pour boiling water over the foam, or dip it in boiling water and the foam returns to its original shape. Is that so? Have you tried it? How much boiling water? How long does it take to happen?

I would presume after you do this you get it all aligned, drizzle in some CA
and it all glues together good as new.

Tell me this is so! Please!
Old 01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
SAVS

This seems like a good place to ask...I want to get an ES and drag around my Eyecam and my 4oz Pentax S6 if possible. The question is (and I know most of you can answer this with ease) what motor, ESC, and the rest of the stuff should I get? I'm guessing the 400 brushed that comes with the ES will not do it for me. Now keep in mind the following:

1. I am not a lottery winner
2. I am not rich
3. I have 2 kids in college
4. Refer to number 1,2, & 3

I do have the funds to purchase what I need (if I knew what that was).

I have a Futaba 6EXAP 6-Channel:
http://www.futaba-rc.com/radios/futk54.html This is for the 6EXA
and the Eyecam (I will be using the receiver I got with my SAVS):
http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-p...VIDEO-KITS.html
and the Pentax S6:
http://www.preferredphoto.com/produc...&pid=prodspecs
I need everything else...Thank you all in advance!
Old 01-26-2007, 05:11 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The Stock Easy Star should take your 4 oz camera up with no problem.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:28 AM
SAVS

Great' thank you!...Denny