Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > Forum questions or problems
Reload this Page >

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Community
Search
Notices
Forum questions or problems Post any questions about how to use the forum or any bugs/problems you may be having in this forum.

***Introducing the all-new RCU Marketplace!*** (coming 3/21/18)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 02:33 PM
hossinarizona
My Feedback: (22)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a total joke, bye, bye RC Universe after 10 years. RC Groups will be getting a lot more business!
Old 03-25-2018, 03:12 PM
kdunlap
My Feedback: (12)

Absolute unmitigated mess. There does not seem to be any relationship between clicking on a navigation word such as "parts" and what pops up...... Complete fail...
Old 03-25-2018, 03:14 PM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

My category, since last visit, repeats of featured. More than useless. If it stays this way I may visit once a month or so.

New and improved "for the user it is not"
Old 03-25-2018, 05:38 PM
Capt Midnight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your inability to listen to your users. That's what is confusing!
Old 03-25-2018, 08:25 PM
LGM Graphix

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Go to the Marketplace

Marketplace - RCU Forums

Then you can use the search bar, or you can click the Product Type, and that opens a filter window with all the choices.

Do you have any specific questions or concerns? What do you find confusing?

yeah doesn't give me all the jets. "My categories" was a brilliant feature on the prior marketplace.
I supported RCU for years, was a moderator, wrote multiple how to articles, but with these changes, specifically the new marketplace and the lack of being able to just go to last read post I'm out so long RCU, it was fun while it lasted.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:08 PM
LGM Graphix

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Here's how good the filter works. I put in "jet" and get 13 ad's 10 are jets. Not that it matters, "upgrades" never go back to how things were no matter how crap they are
Old 03-25-2018, 10:17 PM
NICKELUP
My Feedback: (82)

I hate the new site, why fix something that's not broken? Very frustrating.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:59 AM
kdunlap
My Feedback: (12)

Epic fail again this morning. Now menu items appear and disappear with no warning.....
Old 03-26-2018, 05:57 AM
RadioPhlyer
My Feedback: (3)

Nice Shot! Right in the foot!
I thought what you had before the change worked very well. Its new got to give it a chance ( Really ! do you think anyone is going to do that when you make giant sweeping changes and tell everyone how great they will be?)...... At this point I'm not a fan.....
Kind of hard to try and come up with a new renovated forum and hear lots of negative comments after lots and lots of work. But people change stuff and fix things that aren't broke all the time. Its hard to go backwards once you step forward. Kind of... like it or leave it. Its always hard when you move everyone's cheese. Shoot I love change as long as everything stays the same and I don't have to do anything different.
RF

Last edited by RadioPhlyer; 03-26-2018 at 06:43 AM. Reason: Cant stop on a roll
Old 03-26-2018, 06:20 AM
MTIPilot
My Feedback: (121)

Default Not an improvement

This new marketplace is unfortunately a major step backward. There is no specific listing category, no specific shipping or type of payment instructions. It's all over the place. Needs serious repair!
Old 03-26-2018, 06:36 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Probably one of the worst 're-do's' I've ever experienced.........been on this site posting since 2002 and there was absolutely nothing wrong with the way things were laid out for the END-USER

Whatever motivated you to make these changes it surely wasn't for us
Old 03-26-2018, 08:12 AM
MYHELL99
My Feedback: (47)

Wow, I'm very disappointed. The BEST feature of RCU marketplace was the invoice and PayPal link! Where is it? Where are the ratings and profile photos? Where is the offer history? Where is the last login? Where are the sub-categories? These are such important features of RCU and made it stand out ahead of the other sites.

Please explain how this "new version" is better for me? I really want to know. Please.

Come on. Keep the original marketplace. It was really perfect for what it was intended for. You guys are a month early for April fools...

-Richie

Last edited by MYHELL99; 03-26-2018 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:28 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

LOL, I put "Warbirds" into the keyword and a power box came up.
Old 03-26-2018, 08:59 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

There is an expanded manufacturer list that may satisfy your need for a Jet posting. But, we are also working to add new sections, such as a jets category to the new marketplace.
Old 03-26-2018, 09:00 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Are you saying that when you click on an ad while browsing the listings, and you go back to the listing search, it routes you back to the first post instead of from where you left off?
Old 03-26-2018, 09:46 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bruff
So the reply button is really just a reply button, we can not make offers like before. No invoices or any thing like the previous way?
Bob
This is how an offer is made.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:48 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Hey everyone,

We appreciate the feedback and we are taking your concerns into account. We want to make the new Marketplace tailored to your needs, so any feedback really is invaluable. Thanks for all of your patience.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:59 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
In order to post FREE ADS with ENHANCEMENTS, there has to be a minimum of $10 on account with RCU that is NON-Refundable at the end of the year when originally paid. Every year when it comes due, RCU doesn't let me post a new ad, until I redeposit another $10. Been a member since 2002. So, really isn't free. I never have anything deducted from the $10 when advertising and using the FREE enhancements. I NEVER use the enhancements that cost money, only the FREE ones. Yet, RCU keeps the $10 deposit.
Quote from RCU:

As a PayPal paying member, you will be permitted to post any type of ad without enhancements, until you deposit funds as described below, after which you may post ads with enhancements.

We strongly recommend that you deposit $10 - $50 so you may take advantage of ad enhancements such as featured and home page placements, ad boosts, extra photos & categories etc. You will not be able to select any enhancements for your ads without a minimum deposit balance of $10.00. You will not be able to select home page placement for your ad without a minimum deposit of $35.00. We cannot refund any deposits.
MINIMUM DEPOSIT IS $10.00
We are working on a solution to this issue. Thank you for bringing this up.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:00 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by rcpilot007
O K.........I See......However the Question remains: ....What happens if you have a 40.00 deposit posted to the old RCU site? Does the Tooth Fairy Get that ? RCU should at least allow a transfer of the users account Balance after all RCU will wind up getting it ....one way or another...
We are actively working on taking care of this issue. Thank you for your patience.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:05 AM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bruff
So the reply button is really just a reply button, we can not make offers like before. No invoices or any thing like the previous way?
Bob
That's right, everything is done with REPLY, and then the sale is made over PM.

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
no joined date on the account.
The seller's Join Date is right there on the listing.

Originally Posted by reo
marketplace is a mess, I can't even find my active ads OR my archived ads. I was going to mark and ad sold and I can't find it.
As we messaged in the announcement in post #1 here, the old marketplace is now read-only for 2 weeks, after which it will disappear. If you need to find an ad in the old marketplace, be sure you are selecting the "Market (Legacy)" tab.

Originally Posted by scale only 4 me
Banner says ya can't post new ads to the old system,,, but someone did today,, too funny
Link please?

Originally Posted by hossinarizona
Hello,
When you pull up someone's ad, where do you find if they will ship the item or not? It would show up on the old RC Universe.
Thanks,
Mike
You may post such inquiries by clicking REPLY, or be sending the seller a PM.

Originally Posted by oriole
How do you accept an offer? Is an invoice generated and sent to the potential buyer?
Accept via PM, and then mark the listing as SOLD using the Listing Tools.

Originally Posted by rmadsen
I agree with all of the current negative feedback. I just tried to search For Sale within 50 miles of my zip and got ads from all over the country.
Hmm it is working correctly for me. Can you tell me what parameters you plugged in?
Old 03-26-2018, 11:41 AM
Cal Branton
My Feedback: (17)

What was once a useful marketplace has been destroyed by the changes. It is no longer useful or functional for me.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:05 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by rcpilot007
What happens if you have a large account Balance? Does that Disappear ? Please advise....Thank You.....
We're aware if this concern and working to find a solution. Will update as soon as possible.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:13 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by tdevince
After viewing an ad, how do I get back to where I was in the marketplace. Hitting the back button sends me to page 1, I then have to find which page I was on to continue my browsing. It would be nice if the back button took me to the page I was on when I selected an ad to view.
What browser are you using? On Chrome, I am returned to where I last left.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:22 PM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IBThomas
What browser are you using? On Chrome, I am returned to where I last left.
I am using Chrome as well and there are definite inconsistencies in the navigation. I can duplicate an issue every time by doing the following.
1. Go to Marketplace Home
2. Select a Product Type (I chose Airplanes)
3. Ooh, look, airplanes
4. I changed to a different product type (I selected Engines and unselected Airplanes)
5. Ooh, look, engines.
6. Select a listing.
7. Ooh, look, an engine
8. Click the back button in the browser
9. Ooh, look, airplanes - wait a minute, wasn't I just looking at engines?
Old 03-26-2018, 01:39 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
In order to post FREE ADS with ENHANCEMENTS, there has to be a minimum of $10 on account with RCU that is NON-Refundable at the end of the year when originally paid. Every year when it comes due, RCU doesn't let me post a new ad, until I redeposit another $10. Been a member since 2002. So, really isn't free. I never have anything deducted from the $10 when advertising and using the FREE enhancements. I NEVER use the enhancements that cost money, only the FREE ones. Yet, RCU keeps the $10 deposit.
Quote from RCU:

As a PayPal paying member, you will be permitted to post any type of ad without enhancements, until you deposit funds as described below, after which you may post ads with enhancements.

We strongly recommend that you deposit $10 - $50 so you may take advantage of ad enhancements such as featured and home page placements, ad boosts, extra photos & categories etc. You will not be able to select any enhancements for your ads without a minimum deposit balance of $10.00. You will not be able to select home page placement for your ad without a minimum deposit of $35.00. We cannot refund any deposits.
MINIMUM DEPOSIT IS $10.00
Dan,
Your membership level, RC Power Member, carries an annual $9.95 fee. That is what the system is asking you to pay. Your membership level provides you with benefits above those provided to free memberships. Your non-ProSeller ads are still free just as they always have been. You are only bing charged your annual enhanced membership level fee. If you wish to stop paying this fee you may opt to lower your membership level to one of the free options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.