Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

T18SZ programming a servo delay.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2019, 06:47 AM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default T18SZ programming a servo delay.

I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to make my single, servo operated door not start closing until the electric retract has had time to retract into the fuselage.

This jet, Avanti XS, only has one door on the nosegear (no doors on the mains). I have the servo currently set to open at its full speed when the gear is going down and it is closing currently as slow as is possible (slowest setting in Servo Speed) but it still contacts the nosegear while it is retracting. I just need a delay so that the servo doesn't move for maybe 3 seconds after the retract switch is activated.

I'm hoping there is a simple way to accomplish this as I have a low aptitude for figuring out complex mixes.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:00 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Try making a Landing condition or Gear Condition. You can then both slow the door servo down and delay it starting to move.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:25 PM
RAMFlyer
My Feedback: (65)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in this situation also. How about a tutorial...
Old 03-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Steve Collins
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

There is a video on Vimeo which covers this issue in great detail. I followed each step exactly and it has solved the issue. At first it didn't work until a fellow 18SZ owner told me that you cannot have a switch specified for gear or doors in the function menu. They can only be assigned in the Pmixes. Once I removed those from the function screen, the steps in the video worked like a charm. Door even closes back up when the gear is down, P-51 style.

The following users liked this post:
mpharry (03-20-2020)
Old 03-10-2019, 08:27 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

More than one way to accomplish a given task for sure. From your first post it seemed like it was working, you just wanted to delay the start of the nose gear door closing. Using conditions would allow that. But like I said, more than one way to the goal line for sure11