Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

JR PCM rx and Futaba 601 Failsafe issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 01:21 AM
marked23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR PCM rx and Futaba 601 Failsafe issue

This one has me scratching my head. I've posted this in the JR forum also.

I have a Futaba 601 gyro hooked up to my JR-pcm RX (649s). When I turn off the TX to simulate a lock-out (on the bench, of course), the tail twitches endlessly.

After a bit of investigating, it turns out that the tail servo twitch is a result of the gyro going into normal mode repeatedly.

Looking at the 601 screen:
TX on: "G36A 5.3v" (solid)
Tx off: Flickers between "G36A 5.3v" and "100N 5.3v"

The mode flickering only happens when the TX is off. In normal operation my 601 has always functioned perfectly.

I have tried hooking up a servo to the AUX2 channel to see if it twitches in the same way. No it doesn't.
AUX2 and RUDD are both set to HOLD in the failsafe menu.

Thanks,

-Mark
Old 05-16-2006, 02:02 AM
marked23

Default RE: JR PCM rx and Futaba 601 Failsafe issue

The 601 holds and flies perfectly fine. The only oddity is in the lockout behavior. I need to get my hands on an oscilloscope to really see what is coming out of the RX.

I swapped out the RX. I substituted a different 649s RX. Even on a different channel. Same twitch. The gyro and the battery were the only things hooked up to the RX.

I tried a JR 770 RX. Same twitch.

I tried moving the gyro gain channel to different channels, same twitch. While I had the gain hooked up to a switched channel, flicking the switch would occasionally glitch it in exactly the same way.

-Mark
Old 05-16-2006, 08:24 AM
Krysta

Hi Mark, I have one of our heli guys checking on this for you, I'll let you know what he comes up with.

Thanks, Krysta

ORIGINAL: marked23

The 601 holds and flies perfectly fine. The only oddity is in the lockout behavior. I need to get my hands on an oscilloscope to really see what is coming out of the RX.

I swapped out the RX. I substituted a different 649s RX. Even on a different channel. Same twitch. The gyro and the battery were the only things hooked up to the RX.

I tried a JR 770 RX. Same twitch.

I tried moving the gyro gain channel to different channels, same twitch. While I had the gain hooked up to a switched channel, flicking the switch would occasionally glitch it in exactly the same way.

-Mark
Old 05-16-2006, 09:57 AM
marked23

Thank you Krysta,

In another thread, I found someone else with the same problem. See this link:
http://tinyurl.com/kbmd4

Thanks,

-Mark
Old 06-20-2006, 06:15 PM
marked23