Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

problem with 9C super glider programming

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Frode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with 9C super glider programming

Hi,

I have a 9C super radio. I'm setting up a Opus V-ds glider with 4 wing servos/GLID2-flap configuration. I have set up all the mix'es so that I have butterfly/crow, full span aileron action and v-tail.

I have one problem when programing the butterfly function. When I activate the butterfly function by moving the throttle stick aft the ailerons goes up and the flaps down. When I now want to use the ailerons with max butterfly then the one aileron goes down and the other goes even further up beyond the limit I set for that aileron servo end point (EPA).

Is there some way I can program the 9C super so that the ailerons wount go beyond the programed end point limit in the up-direction when I also have the butterfly active?

Sincerely

Frode Lillebostad
Old 06-12-2006, 03:27 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: problem with 9C super glider programming

The 9C doesn't have a 'limit' setting. You can sometimes over-drive the servo when mixers are involved. The clue is to adjust them so that max movement with the mixers won't over-drive the servos.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Frode

Talked to some friends of mine here that told me that they managed to set up a old Futaba 8up with maximum up-travel on the ailerons that wasn't overrided when butterfly was activated. With butterfly activated one aileron rudder stayed still while the oposite aileron rudder moved down when using aileron.

A friend of mine told something about that I could make the Ail-Dif negative to make it work.....
Old 06-13-2006, 11:24 AM
marcellus

You can use negative differential by mixing ail1 with ail1 and ail1 with aux1. This would be actuated when the throttle reached say 50% of movement. The down going one will move more at this point and keep lateral control when you've limited the amount of up movement in the aileron. Glad to give you the exact settings if you are interested.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Frode

thanx for your help.
I'm very interested in getting the exact settings! :-)

have been troubling with this for a long time now and appreciate all the help I can get:-)

Frode
Old 06-14-2006, 06:17 AM
electricpete

I also have a 9c and wish to program a 4 servo foam wing with elevons and airbrakes, can you help.

Peter