Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

Throttle stick

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 03:57 PM
Falcon32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle stick

Hi Guys

I have two transmitters, both Futaba, one which my instructor uses a 9CAP and one which I use a 6XA 50th anniversary type.
I bought them both from e-bay. They work perfectly well but the ratchet on the throttle stick feels very soft on both tx's
Yesterday I was helping a guy who is even newer than me set his slow running and I noticed that the throttle stick on his brand new transmitter (FUTABA) was much more positive than mine.
Is this something that is adjustable or does it mean sending the transmitter to Futaba for new parts.
Your help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Throttle stick

You can add more spring pressure if you just open the transmitter and gently bend the spring to put a little more pressure on the ratchet of the throttle. If the transmitter is well-used, it could be that the ratchet, itself, is worn. In that case you'd have to replace that part of the throttle gymbal. That can be done for a nominal charge at the service center.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Falcon32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Throttle stick

Hi
Thanks for the info on that.
I'll have a go at adjusting the spring, if that does'nt help I'll contact Futaba U.K.

Thanks again