Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

7CAP Twin Engine Setup

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:09 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7CAP Twin Engine Setup

So, I'm sure I already know the answer to this but need proof that I made a mistake not buying the 9CAPS over the 7CAP.

Here goes...I just finished my twinstar and set up a mix for the throttle. One side master and the other side is a slave.
Just discovered the trim does not work nor does the throttle cut.

I am sure I know the answer because my UCD had an issue with the twin elevator servos.

So, my question..is there a way to make the twin setup work as far as the trim and throttle cut.

I think it is terrible Futaba didnt include this in their programming...which we all know they could do so. They did this so
we buy the 9CAPS.

So, now I have a 7CAP that is useless because I want to be able to set my end points on each engine servo seperatly,
and would like to remove the Y-Servo reverser from my UCD.

Now I will be seeking a 9CAPS Tx only, and if I didnt already have several futaba Rx's I would switch to JR.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 7CAP Twin Engine Setup

In the 7C transmitter, slave channels of mixers don't get the benefit of the trim of the master channel.

The Throttle Cut function only works with the throttle channel. In fact, it only works that way in the 9C. In the 9C, to get a second channel to cut when you flip the switch, you have to use an offset mix set to the same switch on that channel.

All this is on the FAQ page for the 7C system.