Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

12FG and Flaps Function

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 09:04 PM
nxtdoor
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12FG and Flaps Function

Have my 12FG and 6014 set up as 2Ail/2Flap/Ailevators for my jet with flaps on a 3-position switch. I have the flap1 servo adjusted in AFR with a point curve set so the middle switch position is where I need the flap to be for takeoff and bottom switch position as landing flap . I also slowed the servo speed in AFR. Problem is flap2 has no means to adjust it in the AFR menu to the same settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Jeff
Old 11-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: 12FG and Flaps Function

Normally, flaps are set up so that one endpoint is "up", the middle point is 1/2-flaps, and the other endpoint is full-down. So you set up the AFR as desired, and use the sub-trim to adjust he center point (1/2-flaps), and the endpoint adjustments to adjust the up and full-down positions.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
nxtdoor

I setup as you described but forgot to use the subtrom and endpoionts. I went straight to AFR first. that was my mistake.
There is an inherent flaw in these new radios; too much many ways to screw them up!

Thanks for waking me up to basics.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Tony Babington

I have a problem setting up my 12fg with the 14 channel receiver. I have an old Kangaroo delta airframe which has two independant control surfaces on each wing. The instructions say they must work in tandem as aileron/elevators, I think that the model is designed this way for redundancy. I have set the radio up so that the control surfaces work off channels 4;5;11;and 12 this way I can adjust each individual servo so that the throws match. I now wish to creat a condition in the radio so that the inboard surfaces can be drooped by a few degrees to act as flaps for take off. I cannot find a way to do this. the most obvious way I thought was to put some sub trim on the inboard servos, this does not work because the sub trip then acts on condition one and two. Any ideas would be appreciated
Old 11-24-2009, 09:56 PM
nxtdoor

I would just create another condition. You probably need to "ungroup" some of your controls so they don't react the same in other conditions.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Bax

Set up a condition where you have some offset in the AFR for the flap channels. When you go into the AFR section, you can see the mode, which is set to EXP1, EXP2, or POINT. To the right of that is the offset. Just adjust it a bit up or down, and your flap channels will then re-center to the offset position you set. Make sure the AFR is set to "SINGLE" on the second page where the heading is "Group".
Old 11-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Tony Babington

Hello Bill,

I don't know if I am understanding you properly but I have set up the plane as 'Wing' two ail' rudder normal. In the function menue CH 4 is aileron CH 5 is Aileron2 CH 11 is Aileron2 and CH12 is Aileron. In AFR there is therefore no Flap channel available. Any offsets I put in appear to affect all four surfaces not just the inner two. Thanks for your help. Tony
Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Bax

We'd set up the model so that it's a 2-flap, 2-aileron model, then set up the conditions as described above.