Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE 20 carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Ulite
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DLE 20 carb

I've got 2 DLE 20's that were purchased from different sources. One from Troy Built and one from Virginia Model Builders. Be advised to check warranty proceedures before purchasing an engine. VMB does not do any warranty work, I was refered to their supplier, Laser Hobbies. Undoubtedly they don't do any work either and just return item to China. The carb on the one from VMB leaks fuel from around the needles, idles rich with the low speed run all the way to the stop. I sent it to Laser Hobbies, and after 2 weeks, they said yes, it was a bad carb and they are about ship it out. (I guess they mean back to China) Been almost 2 more weeks and nothing.
Can anyone tell me what Walbro Carb will work on this engine? Right now all I can do is compare venture size and bolt pattern.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 PM
allans
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: DLE 20 carb

Have you ever heard of Valley View RC?

They sell and stand behind everything they sell ( DLE) et al.
Old 06-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Pretty much any Walbro that fits the bolt pattern will work...Smaller (28 cast into the venturi) is good....Find one with a choke for ease of starting...
Try a small engine shop that sells weed eaters..
In my not so humble opinion anyone who sells small engines should at least know how to, and have parts for, the small carbs that are on the engines.....ANYONE, it's not rocket science...The carb kits cost less than $5 when bought in quantity from Walbro....Takes about 5 minutes to replace the diaphragms and blow out the passages....
Old 06-17-2011, 05:48 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think the carb on a DLE 20 is more like a "20" size Walbro like comes on a Homelite weed whacker.