Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

NGH 38CC 4 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 06:28 PM
Heli-NuBee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My replacement engine arrived today. I purchased an NGH 35 CC rear exhaust two-stroke engine to replace the 38FG. The 35 has both rail and back plate mounting and can be side or rear exhaust. I hope that this engine will work out in the CMP BF-109.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (AKA Roger the radial rabbit)
Old 07-30-2014, 08:00 AM
mchandrayan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would suggest to install a venturi on the NGH 35, I am flying this engine and the stock carb being front mounted has tendency to spray out raw fuel. You will notice the spray residue on the engine especially if the engine is mounted inverted
Old 08-05-2014, 03:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gjhinshaw
I have NOT made my mind up! The 5$ servos are running GREAT for me as I buy direct and NOT HOBBYKING! The servo is 7.50 and sells for 85 bucks..... Torq. is 420ozin. and speed is .12 at 6V. To me its not a bad servo as I have using them for 5 years now. As one of you said..... If your NOT afraid of doing some extra work on it... I'm not at all.... Are ALL of them bad??? What is the percentage of bad and good???? Some say they are bad and some say they have no issues... Am I correct on this??
I am NOT calling ANYONE names 3136, But YOU are.... There is NO reason to call anyone names, Its just what some people like to do,3136. I have been looking at this engine as its the right size, I have also looked at the RCV engines, But these are hard to find. These would be better as they are STRAIGHT....... A lot of the video's show people moving the needles back and forth, and I see it at our field too... Mark, YES, I know as they break-in you have to lean them out a little..... (little for a gas engine is 1/8' NO 1/2 to 3/4) I am NOT trying to bash anyone, Nor will I.... Unless YOU come at me... Than hang on!!! There is always someone that knows more than you, and some of you don't like that concept... I hope that I am making myself clear on this, If not... REREAD...
I am NOT interested in loosing my plane to poor equipment, and that won't ever happen! If you knew what I fly you would know and understand this. Most know that this hobby is sometimes trial and error, correct? There are planes that have crashed and there are planes that WILL crash. The people that say they have NEVER crashed, They don't ever fly! People that say they have NEVER had a engine die, Have never started one. People that say hey have NEVER had a bad landing or take-off, have NEVER Taken off or landed! Get it????? So.... saying all this I hope you understand where I am coming from and understand that I am NOT bashing, name calling, etc....... understand, I hope.....
Originally Posted by the pope
Would you be so kind and tell us the brand and model number of your servos ? They sound so good I want some myself . Cheers the pope

Well looks like the cat has his tongue now that he has to come up with some actual facts

I know you were being sarcastic though
Old 08-05-2014, 05:26 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mchandrayan
I would suggest to install a venturi on the NGH 35, I am flying this engine and the stock carb being front mounted has tendency to spray out raw fuel. You will notice the spray residue on the engine especially if the engine is mounted inverted
There is already a Venturi in the carburetor throat. I think what you are referring to is a velocity stack.

Here is the definition if a Venturi. : a short tube with a tapering constriction in the middle that causes an increase in the velocity of flow of a fluid and a corresponding decrease in fluid pressure and that is used especially in measuring fluid flow or for creating a suction (as for driving aircraft instruments or drawing fuel into the flow stream of a carburetor)

While a velocity stack will increases the velocity of the flow, it does not impart the other effects that a true Venturi does.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:14 AM
PARDAL

"" FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel ""

How much oil You use with metanol?

Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by PARDAL
"" FA91S, FA150, FA180, FA180HC/BBC, FA200TI, FA300TTDP: All with CH Ignitions CDI/Glow fuel ""

How much oil You use with metanol?

Unfortunately I live way out in the boonies & don't have a source for methanol so I can't really mix my own.

I use standard 15% Cool Power glow fuel that is 16% full synthetic lube.

I have used as little as 8% W/ no apparent damage but not for a long enough time to make a judgement.

I would feel comfortable using 10% lube W/CDI & methanol.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

How does that NGH 35 sound compared to the NGH 38 Four Stroke. Does it also sound good in the air.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:34 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

no :-)
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 AM
ALFIEV

Originally Posted by SJN
no :-)
Hah
Old 08-05-2014, 12:10 PM
SrTelemaster150

Does ANY 2-stroke sound as "good" as a 4-stroke anywhere?
Old 08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
PARDAL

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
Unfortunately I live way out in the boonies & don't have a source for methanol so I can't really mix my own.

I use standard 15% Cool Power glow fuel that is 16% full synthetic lube.

I have used as little as 8% W/ no apparent damage but not for a long enough time to make a judgement.

I would feel comfortable using 10% lube W/CDI & methanol.
Tks.
Here I'v the same problem. I must by glow fuel and dilute to 10% sintetic & stay with 6.6% nitro.
I do not like the glow oil mess nor deal with metanol.
Based in Your info I'll dare stay with etanol 10% sintetic. It is sayd to work fine.
Tks
Old 08-05-2014, 02:53 PM
Heli-NuBee

Update, I replaced my NGH 38GF four-stroke engine in my CMP BF-109 with an NGH 35GX two-stroke engine due to excessive vibration. The new NGH 35 CC engine runs great but also has a lot of vibration. The engine vibrated the screws out of three of my servos on only three tanks of fuel for break-in. It appears to me that the NGH brand runs quite well but does seem to have an issue with balance and vibration.

Old 08-05-2014, 03:48 PM
PARDAL

Shift to Saito.
Old 08-05-2014, 04:01 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by PARDAL
Shift to Saito.
An FA-200Ti would probably fit inside the cowl of that Messerschmitt.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Heli-NuBee

OK guys, thanks for the suggestions but I have previously posted that I gave away a Saito 180 because it had too much vibration and was damaging the airframe. Saito's have a good reputation and I have a number of Saitos that are great but like everything, not all Saito's are great. The 200 ti is an interesting suggestion as well but I believe that it is no longer in production. Sorry for the post but I am not in the best of moods today. Earlier, I lost my BH Gilmore Red Lion powered by a Saito 450 three cylinder radial engine. I lost control and everything was destroyed including the plane, receiver, batteries, servos and the engine was badly damaged. Both the Gilmore Red Lion plane and the Saito 450 are no longer in production so I am not sure it makes sense to go for a costly repair.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:28 PM
ALFIEV

Jeez H-N,

Really sorry to hear of your loss.

Alf
Old 08-06-2014, 08:56 PM
Basil Yousif
My Feedback: (3)

I lost a really nice 1/4 scale plane a while back that I had a lot of time and money into. All because I was in a rush to fly it and didn't change to the correct plane on the transmitter. It was still set to fly a different 1/4 scale plane. It got in the air and everything was back wards. Of course the only control surface that worked right was the elevator so it got up in the air before spinning into the ground. The plane was in tiny pieces. The DA50 needed $230 to fix. It happens to all of us.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:19 PM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by Heli-NuBee
OK guys, thanks for the suggestions but I have previously posted that I gave away a Saito 180 because it had too much vibration and was damaging the airframe. Saito's have a good reputation and I have a number of Saitos that are great but like everything, not all Saito's are great. The 200 ti is an interesting suggestion as well but I believe that it is no longer in production. Sorry for the post but I am not in the best of moods today. Earlier, I lost my BH Gilmore Red Lion powered by a Saito 450 three cylinder radial engine. I lost control and everything was destroyed including the plane, receiver, batteries, servos and the engine was badly damaged. Both the Gilmore Red Lion plane and the Saito 450 are no longer in production so I am not sure it makes sense to go for a costly repair.

the Fa-200Ti is still in production, as is the FA-459R3. Horizon Hobby has just taken it upon themselves to discontinue importation along with almost all of the glow fuel mulitis as well as the singles under .72.

The complete line is still available from RC JAPAN including the FA-200Ti for $854.87 + shipping which is.very reasonable & they have a good reputation for fast shipping. They will quickly E-mail you a quote.

I converted my FA-200Ti to CDI/ glow fuel & improved the fuel consumption from 1.14oz per minute @ WOT to .67oz per minute, a 70% improvement in fuel economy.

It was turning an 18 x 8 Dynarhrust propeller @ 7850 RPM W/15% Cool Power.

I use rubber "well nuts" in place of "T" nuts. They can be tightened down for whatever resilience desired, then backed up by nyloc nuts to hold the setting. I have used them for years. They are cheap, dependable, durable & they do a good job of reducing airframe vibration W/O the excess shaking of more complex "soft mounts".

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 08-07-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Heli-NuBee

Thanks SrTelemaster150 - I will look into RC Japan.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:48 PM
PARDAL

Originally Posted by Heli-NuBee
Thanks SrTelemaster150 - I will look into RC Japan.

There is no guaranty the motor you are going to buy is balanced, no matter the brand. Better search info before buy.
Old 08-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Heli-NuBee

I checked into RC Japan and their price seems pretty good until you get the shipping and the 3.5% fee for using a credit card or Pay Pal. The only advantage to purchasing from them would be for products not stocked or availabe through Horizon.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:38 PM
tyor

Originally Posted by Freeparaglider
Hi Tyor,

Can you tell me what kind of dimensions your fuelcan is for the Storch. I have bought it second hand, with an electric motor on it, but will put my NGH38 on it. The fueltanks I have do have problems with the cockpit underside......
can you make a foto for me from your inside of the Storch.

Many thanks from Belgium

Peter
Sorry for late reply. I have not been on this forum for some time. The fueltank that came with the kit was not a good fit to, but i managed to get it inn place. her is a pic how the tank is mountet. can take some better pics tomorrow.

And I love my 2 ngh 38cc. only trouble i had was that I had to adjust the timing of the ignition on the one in the Storch, the other one I have in the ESM Val was running perfect from the factory. They have a little vibration so i used a nylon engine mount. that helped a lot
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09287.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	484.2 KB
ID:	2024040  
Old 08-20-2014, 12:44 PM
tyor

And the cg from the manual on the storch is way to nose heavy. I used 900gram of lead, but after some test runs I now have only 250gram lead
Old 08-21-2014, 06:00 AM
SrTelemaster150

Originally Posted by tyor

And I love my 2 ngh 38cc. only trouble i had was that I had to adjust the timing of the ignition on the one in the Storch, the other one I have in the ESM Val was running perfect from the factory. They have a little vibration so i used a nylon engine mount. that helped a lot
I have used the Dave Brown nylon mounts W/rubber well nuts in place of the "T" nuts in the firewall. The can be adjusted for resilience & backed up W/nyloc nut to lock them down.

They reduce vibration transmission to the airframe tremendously & they are less than $1 each.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:27 AM
tyor

sounds like a good solution. I used the standoffs that came with the engine on the storch, and it was on the val i used the nylon mount that came with the plane. I have less vibration in the val then in the storch.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04381.jpg
Views:	474
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	2024431  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.