Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

G26 problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 08:02 PM
AU flyer
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G26 problem

Several weeks ago I was flying my G26 powered cub when the engine lost power. It continued to run but would not rev-up. After landing, I inspected the engine, restarted it and took off again. This time the engine died while in flight. Since then the engine has not run right. It will crank, but not rev-up. It seems to be spitting fuel out the carb when the throttle is opened up. I have changed the plug, fuel, the fuel line and filter, disassembled the carb and cleaned it. I did find a little gummy like stuff in the carb. After removing it I thought that I had found the problem, but it still will not run. I does have an electronic igintion...Ralph, any thoughts.

Anyone with any suggustions.
Old 09-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: G26 problem

Send it back, once in a while one of the parts in the ignition goes bad...It shouldn't affect the high speed, but if that's the problem it wil be replaced...
Look between the hub and the crankcase, there were a few G26s delivered with the wrong front bearing that doesn't seal as well as it should...These engines acted really screwy, no idle below 2500 rpm and leaky at the front...No charge either way..
Old 09-07-2005, 07:55 PM
AU flyer
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: G26 problem

I put it in the mail today; you should see it in 2-3 days.