Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCGF Engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 08:18 AM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

AJsToyz , If we get a few days good weather ,here in the sunny north, so I can get a primer coat on I'll see how my 28 runs.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:31 AM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you much !! I'd like to see more results !! My 26cc runs fine , I have a good place for the 28cc too.

Andy
Old 10-12-2009, 09:38 AM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey All
We have sold MANY MANY engines. In spite of our quality checks and our vigilance, sometimes a problem engine will work its way to a customer. This is our nightmare and something we work to resolve to the customer's satisfaction. That is why we will do our best to make things right. And we have been extremely successful to date.

In fact... if we do find issues with this line of engines, and if we find that it is systemic (that is to say it could affect all engines in this class), we will inform these customers and make things right. Pure and simple.... I really can't explain it any simpler.

We are here for the long term! We have the new YD-A 56 and 112cc engines that we feel are a best in class design, plus at least 4 new ones on the drawing board. This is not an inexpensive venture, and one that we are taking quite seriously. Therefore customer service will always be our priority.

More on this as we get further into it.
Cheers
Henry

Old 10-13-2009, 12:46 AM
johnnynb

Hi

We just want to declare that Aerovate 28cc is not produced by our factory,please do not mix it with our RCGF engines. Thanks.
We don't want to be involved in the issues. Hope you both can find a very good solution way.

Johnny
RCGF MODEL
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see everybody is dodging the 28 now.[]
Old 10-13-2009, 12:10 PM
seanregan

ORIGINAL: rcbill58

Hey seanreagan

OKAY.. call Al Young... JTEC Radio Wave
[link=http://www.jtecrc.com]Jtec[/link]

He and I talked about the solution at the WRAM show. He can fabricate a custom muffler for you. The stacks are used for this....
Defintely give him a call. He is a GREAT resource.

Hey Ratchet
I am here.. Our phone system just got upgraded and most of the phone messages that were missing are now back and stacked up waiting for me. I am getting through them (and yours!!! ASAP). Email me.. and I can get back to you relatively quickly. Sorry for the delay.......

Right now, I am with Bill Jensen at his shop. What an amazing place!!!!! I am in the garden of engine eden here.

Pit-Viper - The throttle arms were promised to be finished by the manufacturer this week. (yes.. they are being made here in the USA). I will announce it here as soon as available.

Jeanes - The 45cc is your ticket to nirvana for your airframe. Lot's of power when you need it...

Cheers to all

Henry
Hey thanx Henry,, ill give J-tech a call. here's some older pics of the pc21 from sping-much work has been done since
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31500.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1294192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc94112.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1294193   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53324.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1294194   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59586.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	1294195   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty64193.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1294196  
Old 10-13-2009, 12:13 PM
seanregan

more pics......lovely
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46485.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	1294198   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av69622.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1294199   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp32860.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1294200   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79977.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	1294201   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98033.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1294202   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96719.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	1294203  
Old 10-13-2009, 01:17 PM
AJsToyz

Johny B is just stating its not made at his factory. I'm not dodging and I think others aren't either, just waiting to hear the rest of the story. We should continue this on the Aerovate thread , it is not an RCGF engine.

Andy
Old 10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Tired Old Man

When it comes to gas engines, people are like lemmings in a way. Few know squat about them, and fewer still will freely admit when they made a mistake with one. Typically they know what they learned when they bought their last lawn mower or weed eater. Flip the choke and pull the rope, hoping they run. Often they'll go online and berate a product to cover up their own lack of knowledge and experience to cover up that they loosened some screws and altered the timing, failed to tune the carb, or took one apart and didn't know which way they went back together. When that happens all the other lemmings presume it's the truth for an entire engine line and run away from the brand because of one post.

People really need to qualify the experience level of some of the people posting, and this is especially so with the smaller displacements since that's the place those brand new to gas engines seem to be getting started lately. Don't jump to conclusions because one person had a bad time. If each engine and owner was representative of an entire production run there would be a lot of great 50cc and 100cc engines laying around that could be picked up for a song. Most all of them failing to run correctly because the owners did not know how to turn a carb needle....
Old 10-13-2009, 04:35 PM
arobatx

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Whwn it comes to gas engines, people are like lemmings in a way. Few know squat about them, and fewer still will freely admit when they made a mistake with one. Typically they know what they learned when they bought their last lawn mower or weed eater. Flip the choke and pull the rope, hoping they run. Often they'll go online and berate a product to cover up their own lack of knowledge and experience to cover up that they loosened some screws and altered the timing, failed to tune the carb, or took one apart and didn't know which way they went back together. When that happens all the other lemmings presume it's the truth for an entire engine line and run away from the brand because of one post.

People really need to qualify the experience level of some of the people posting, and this is especially so with the smaller displacements since that's the place those brand new to gas engines seem to be getting started lately. Don't jump to conclusions because one person had a bad time. If each engine and owner was representative of an entire production run there would be a lot of great 50cc and 100cc engines laying around that could be picked up for a song. Most all of them failing to run correctly because the owners did not know how to turn a carb needle....

...I almost hate to admit what I have picked up for nothing over the years, for just this reason.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

It is a different story when the owner mess's with it, but if the timing is not set correctly from the factory that is a different story. I just set the timing on a friends MT 42, where the timing came from the factory set at 18 deg also.[X(] The little plastic sensor needed its slots worked on with a jedwlers file to get enough adkustment to get the 29 deg. I came to the determination, that the holes drilled and tapped in the crankcase determine the timing. The sensor brkt is installed and pushed up tight against the screws and tightened down. But in the case of my friends engine the holes were indexed incorrectly on the case. It ran fine before, but seemed pretty lame. The simple checking of the Timing and fixing it picked up 600+ RPM instantly. Now it runs the way it should.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Tired Old Man

You might be surprised to hear how many different brands experience the same difficulty. It happens on South American engines, as well as just about every Chinese made engines.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:59 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Johny B is just stating its not made at his factory.
Andy
That is right - as Catherine quite corerctly stated, the 28cc is not an RCGF manufacture - it is a JC engine. There are 3 sources of engines sold under the Aerovate name. RCGF make some models, JC make some and YD-A make some. All are very different manufacturers and very different models.

The JC 28cc uses the same off the shelf cylinder that RCGF originally used for their 26cc (Now RCGF use a different one but the critical measurements are identical - just the side plate is not there). The crankcase is also very similar but the crank is different. The outward appearance may be why some are confused as to the manufacture but the manufacturers name is pretty clear on the box and the engine itself.

I know that neither Henry nor I are ducking from the engines, what we are doing is working with the manufacturer to try to find out why it is that some of the engines are performing flawlessly and others are not. At the same time we have recommended some changes be made to them to bring them up to spec.

These are similar issues that caused us to depart from another brand recently and are the reason that I instigated a thorough set of inhouse partial disassembly and checks on every single engine prior to shipping. It is also the reason that a new Western built brand came about - simple QC.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Tired Old Man

Without defending any person or manufacturer, we have to figure there will be a small percentage of products that get through that aren't as they should be. More than once I've had demo engines arrive that needed a little attention. Those are ones you would expect to be show pieces, yet things happen. Even the high end engine makers have had their share of gremlins, which later got straightened out.

It's when the percentages become high that we should become concerned, or when distributors fail to acknowledge the inquiries from their customers. In this case I don't see the distributors shirking their duty to their customers so I find it difficult to understand the apparent outrage from a person or two.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:41 PM
diceco

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

When it comes to gas engines, people are like lemmings in a way. Few know squat about them, and fewer still will freely admit when they made a mistake with one. Typically they know what they learned when they bought their last lawn mower or weed eater. Flip the choke and pull the rope, hoping they run. Often they'll go online and berate a product to cover up their own lack of knowledge and experience to cover up that they loosened some screws and altered the timing, failed to tune the carb, or took one apart and didn't know which way they went back together. When that happens all the other lemmings presume it's the truth for an entire engine line and run away from the brand because of one post.

I have a reasonable idea of how our little two stroke airplane motors work. My post was entirely factual without any exaggerations. I had high hopes for the Aerovate 28 and have no reason other than a poorly designed product and poor customer service to complain about my experience. I would have just as soon not have had to.

Here is some background.

RC modeler for 48 years. Racing and tuning chainsaw based go karts in my teens. Racing and tuning two stroke motorcycles in my twenties. Racing and tuning club level sports cars in the 80's. Mechanical engineering degree Michigan State 1971. GE Aircraft Engine Systems, Performance Analysis and Test Engineering group from 1972-1984, Professional Auto Mechanic, including repair of weed wackers and chainsaws, off and on for 40 years. Successful conversions of four weedies; 2 Ryobi's, a Pro Mac 1010, and a Husqvarna 25cc. Check out the thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8479610/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8479610/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm[/link] for some discussion on the Ryobi conversions.

diceco
Old 10-14-2009, 10:44 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

I'd say his experience is.....adequate.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Rocketman612
My Feedback: (85)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: cold_reboot

I'd say his experience is.....adequate.

He left out the night at Holiday Inn Express

Pete
Old 10-18-2009, 04:42 PM
ronin4740

Folks, I'm sure its been asked before but, without reading all 165 pages of this thread I'm not likely to find the answer...

What's a good break prop for a 26cc RCGF motor? What prop would you use after breaking in the motor if you were going to mount the motor on the nose of a 14lbs P-51 and had a bent for speed?

Thanks!
Old 10-18-2009, 04:47 PM
AJsToyz

I fired mine up with an 18x8 MA classic , might be better with a 16x8 for break in. Mines not broke in yet and its spinning a Xoar 17x8 around 7600

Andy
Old 10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
JEanes
My Feedback: (11)

"SOMEWHERE" in this thread of 165 pages I ran across what DL and DA engines use the same muffler size as some Aerovate and RCGF engines. Which one is the same as the Aerovate 45cc rear induction engine ?
Old 10-18-2009, 08:46 PM
FOOPED
My Feedback: (8)

Go to Jtec the only other mufflers that fit the 45cc are ones that will fit the Zenoa G-62 and cheif aircraft sight shows several manufracters different designs. I would buy Jtec if I was you cause they are for the RCGF 45cc .Just my two cents worth
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
ronin4740

Thanks Andy, I'll pick up something in the 16x8 range!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:30 AM
Umran

Hi all,
Today i received the test unit of RCGF 15cc engine.

Some basic specs,
weight engine alone = 635g
weight with ign and muf = 825g
weight with ign and muf and stand-offs = 900g

i test this engine using various props,
14 x4, 14 x7, 15 x8, 16 x6, 17 x4, 16 x 4. However i found that for reliable idling and best thrust ratio, 15 x 4W APC prop is the best. idle at 1450rpm and peaked at 8850rpm. Mind you this engine is new and haven't broken in yet.

all test was done using RON95 petrol, and PETRONAS 1000 2T(mineral based) at the ratio of 30:1.

refer this video when i use 15 x 4W APC.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RxhxCrCtnY[/youtube]
Old 10-19-2009, 06:01 AM
srdic_marko

Hi guys!
Anybody from you get in touch whit new RCGF 50cc B type engine?
It has a CNC crankcase.
I won’t to buy my first 500cc class gasser, but I don’t know is RCGF 50cc b type is a good engine to start.
How is this engine comparing whit DLE55 or 3MM53 or MT57?
Thank you.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Pit-Viper 1
My Feedback: (12)

Umran,
Sounds great!! Looks like the cyl. head is round, very nice.
Can you get some measurements on the 15cc? Good to hear they do actually exist. Any guess on when they may be available? Thanks for the update.

Shane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.