RCGF Engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:54 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCGF Engines

ORIGINAL: Mr.FiberOptic

i think you need to view the site with adobe flashplayer 10. which i updated to the other day.

the last time i viewed their site it looked different.
No mate, I have several PCs here with various browsers. My main PC certainly has flash 10 installed
I'm redirected to this link:
http://www.zjrcgf.com/iplogin.asp

I can relatively easily do a trace and see where exactly the redirect happens.
At any rate ..... this is all rather silly ..... and makes RCGF look even sillier than the last episode around them did
Old 11-18-2009, 01:16 AM
r/cfun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ghitt, Too bad your not closer, I have three tiger 2 60’s, complete ready to gas and fly. Would like to sell 2 off them along with about 20 various others, unfortunately shipping is a killer Anyhow as far as shorter prop hubs I could see it being shortened maybe 3/8†any shorter and it’s a booger getting the mounting screws in. I’m going off of my 20cc hub.
Plus I don’t think it’s going to help much if you have to move the engine out for prop placement distance, your looking at a big change in CG.
Also don’t worry about the hub grooves I just use the one center bolt on my 20cc hub with no grooves and no problems
For smaller engines there is a guy converting a super tiger 90, if I remember correctly he’s asking $395.00 to convert your engine, this consists of the carb, prop hub, new crank, and ignition.
Muffler shown I made for my H-9 P-47 I didn’t tig this one so not the smoothest but it worked.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77779.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1316337  
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 AM
ghitt
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: r/cfun

Hey ghitt, Too bad your not closer, I have three tiger 2 60’s, complete ready to gas and fly. Would like to sell 2 off them along with about 20 various others, unfortunately shipping is a killer Anyhow as far as shorter prop hubs I could see it being shortened maybe 3/8†any shorter and it’s a booger getting the mounting screws in. I’m going off of my 20cc hub.
Plus I don’t think it’s going to help much if you have to move the engine out for prop placement distance, your looking at a big change in CG.
Also don’t worry about the hub grooves I just use the one center bolt on my 20cc hub with no grooves and no problems
For smaller engines there is a guy converting a super tiger 90, if I remember correctly he’s asking $395.00 to convert your engine, this consists of the carb, prop hub, new crank, and ignition.
Muffler shown I made for my H-9 P-47 I didn’t tig this one so not the smoothest but it worked.
Thanks Larry, would love to take one of those Tigers off of your hands! My first kit was a Goldberg Eagle II trainer that I built in '86. Still have it and other than the tape all over it, it still flies great.

I thought about the allen screws for the hub and was going to "customize" an allen wrench for the job. You have a good point about the CG though. The engine is really about 6" long allowing for some clearance in front of the carb at the end. Would like everyone to know that I love the engine and not Bashing it. I was just thinking out loud for ideas to make it more compact. This company needs to be commended for giving us another alternative to nitro. My freind has a Evolution 26gx in his Stuka and it is pure heaven to see run. Almost twice as much though. And then there is the Saito 4 stroke gas engines.........

The welding is a little rough but it is a great attempt and besides, it is hidden anyway.

Here is one I saw for sale on RCUniverse. First time I have tried to add an image so hope it makes it. If not here is the link....... http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=571974. Of course it is not the same engine but it is an idea and it is setup for smoke.
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91009.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	1316394  
Old 11-19-2009, 05:49 PM
Easy Flier
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: RCplanman

cman 25, You might try product K2rits a spot lifter sold in True VALUE . You spray it on, lit it dry , brush it off
does a great job. you may have to do it 2 or 3 times. but IT WORKS.
Hey RC,
I was still not getting all of the oil out so I tried Brake Cleaner[>:] and it seems to be working. You don't want to do this in close quarters as I'm just coming back to earth [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]WHEEEEEE.

Will update after it sets to make sure the wood doesn't separate.

Later
JT
Old 11-19-2009, 06:41 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

brake cleaner will make your Monokote trim come off. Be careful
Old 11-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Easy Flier

tHANKS

I'M STRIPPING PLANE TO GLAS IT
Old 11-19-2009, 06:55 PM
FOOPED
My Feedback: (8)

Radio Shack used to carry Carbon Tecnacloride I do not know how to spell it but it is for removing oil and dirt build up in generators and electric motors. I used this once on a plane that my fuel tank cracked and dumped fuel in. You have to blot it on and blot it off but it does work. It may be carried in spray cans now days! Does smell real bad. [:'(]
Old 11-19-2009, 10:06 PM
cajun1

We used to use lots of Carbon Tetrachloride, but that was before it was disclosed as a serious health hazard. Carefull with it's use.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:33 PM
FOOPED

Cajun that seems about right as I used this back in early 70's . Have not had much use for it other than electrical use in control pannels. Can we still by the stuff without a lot of paper work in todays time?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:27 PM
cajun1

I haven't seen it in years, but I haven't been looking. Lots of items like this have been removed from the market.

If I remember right, this one was particularly toxic as it was absorbed thru the skin and damaged the liver.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like acetone,benezene, and MEK....
Old 11-19-2009, 11:49 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

And

Methylene Chloride

Old 11-20-2009, 08:38 PM
FOOPED

Too many MSDS forms involved. I guess I lucked out caused we used 55 gals of carbon tectracloride just to clean Electric motors. Sprayed on with a wash down gun. Boy you had to be down wind. I do not miss those days.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:30 PM
cwharper

ORIGINAL: Tseres

ORIGINAL: cwharper

I maidened the Spitfire today with the 20cc on it. The maiden went fine, I just about had it trimmed correctly on the ground. The only prop I had is a apc 14x6 for fuel engines. My last tach reading said it was turning that at 9800 rpm. Even with that it had plenty of power and the speed was impressive as well. I think though I need to step up to either a bigger prop or more pitch to extract more power out of this engine. I can clear a 15'' prop but that's about as big as I can put on it.

Which do you think would be better, a 14'' prop with more pitch or a 15'' prop with more pitch? I could use a little more top airspeed, takeoff thrust is fine.
I used an APC 16-6 for break in before I broke the plane. Got around 8,800 rpm. Gobs of power. Don't be afraid to go with a bigger prop. If it was my warbird I'd try a 15-10. I think the speed would make your eyes water.
I think yours is way under propped.
So far this 20cc engine could have about a half gallon run through it, all of that with the 14x6 prop I was using. Mostly I've been playing with this engine on the ground, running it at full throttle in short moments then back to idle and playing in the mid range too except for the maiden last Sunday.

Ok, the props I ordered came in today, along with some other stuff. I put on a 15x10 apc, started and warmed up the engine then adjusted the high needle for peak rpms. The highest I got was 8200 rpm and I also noticed the engine just run better. It didn't 4 stroke hardly in the midrange anymore whereas with the 14x6 I got lots of burble at anything less than 3/4 throttle.

I think I'll have another chance to fly the Spitfire again Sunday.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:27 PM
FOOPED

CWharper what will the engine idle at. Sounds like the 15-10 prop is a good prop for this engine and I'll bet the speed is going to be fast also.
Old 11-21-2009, 06:52 PM
cwharper

ORIGINAL: FOOPED

CWharper what will the engine idle at. Sounds like the 15-10 prop is a good prop for this engine and I'll bet the speed is going to be fast also.
There is a sweet spot and I mean just a spot, within a 1/16th of an inch on the low needle where I get a very nice sounding idle. The kind that gives you confidence it will continue to idle. In this spot I get an idle of about 1800 rpms but sometimes it takes a little bit for it to settle here after a full throttle burst. I could sit in a chair with a cup of tea and watch it idle all day long.
Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 PM
FOOPED

Thanks Cwharper for the Info. I am going to put my 20cc in the Seagull 90 Yak. I hope it will be enough engine for this plane. I have the 26cc and have been trying to make up my mind. What to do?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:25 AM
r/cfun

Just a thought. Were do we get parts for theses engines? Gaskets, rings, bearings, etc.? I noticed my 20cc crank could move in and out about .010" this didn't bother me till I noticed when I pushed in and turned the crank the front counter balance would rub on the rod? Then I noticed no parts are listed anywhere for these engines? RCGF are you going to supply your distributors with spare parts?
Old 11-22-2009, 03:02 AM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: r/cfun

RCGF are you going to supply your distributors with spare parts?
I may not be the best guy to answer this but from previous posts, Piston and Aussiesteve had issues with factory supply of parts. I'm sure either of them will be able to fill you in better.
The recent changes made by the factory to their distribution network doesn't look like it spells good news in this area.

Reasonably and this is fair enough - if the outgoing distributors have little of no access to parts, they will also be reluctant to provide parts for engines they didn't sell. Why have to tear down a new engine to provide parts for an engine you didn't sell in the first place.
The posts from the new distributor earlier also indicated to me that they would be seeking warranty support from the factory rather than service locally. I may have misunderstood their comments but if this is the case, warranty claims will go back to China with the subsequent wait.
Also - if the factory has taken the distribution away from the previous distributors and given to a third party, why would they make the life easier for the new guys by servicing engines they didn't sell in the first place? I for one sure wouldn't!

If you bought your 20cc from Piston or one of his dealers, I know for sure they will look after you. Their track record seems to be second to none!

Old 11-22-2009, 06:14 AM
johnnynb

All the RCGF engines with correct serial no can get full support from our factory and our distributors. You can review our website for warranty issues and our distributor information,www.zjrcgf.com . If you need any help from our factory,you can also send mail to us.

For our distributors change ,I can only say that it's mutual choices. But our warranty service will not change.

Johnny

RCGF MODEL
Old 11-22-2009, 07:40 AM
aussiesteve

Gee - thanks for that Catherine (Oops - Johnny)
So why did you stop answering my e-mails and refuse to sell me the parts I asked you for?

That was the only reason I stopped ordering engines - no spare parts from you when I asked for them (well - that and the ever increasing rate of warranty returns to me from unhappy customers) - I wasn't asking for warranty (I gave up expecting that from you a long time ago) - I will publish the e-mail chain if you like.

It was 100% your choice to ignore me - in fact your words were that you thought I was going to use RCGF parts on a JC engine - why would I want to do that when the JC was more powerful anyway?

Steve
Old 11-22-2009, 09:28 AM
Easy Flier

Hey Fellow Pilots,
With all the negative posts in this forum I'm really re-considering getting one of these RCGF engines for my Corsair. One minute they are great then we can't get parts.........are some other problem about service. If they are good engines we shouldn't need alot of service but it should be available.
I'm new to gas engines and want to get something that is going to perform and not be a problem like some of the Nitro engines out there. There is good and bad in everything, are these RCGF Engines worth all the problems that seem to be here.
Concerned,
JT
Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 AM
AJsToyz

Well,

My 26cc starts easy runs good but not sure about power do to its not broke in. My 20cc is going on my Yak , but I am concerned if I need to get parts. I personally will not buy something made buy RCGF until I see what happens up the road.

Andy
Old 11-22-2009, 02:00 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: johnnynb

You can review our website for warranty issues and our distributor information,www.zjrcgf.com .
No you can't !
Maybe from some zones but certainly not from the Australian network. [&o]

Your site has some weird and wonderful routing in it that forces to to your "iplogin.asp" when you try to browse the site and a screen tells you to send all your personal details to RCGF (hotmail and yahoo accounts) and you will create a login!
Me thinks not!
No way, I'm sending out those sort of details and especially not to free web accounts (read: Spam Generators). There is enough spam in this world as it is.
If you hit your site via an anonymous proxy, you get in!

Very strange. [sm=thumbs_down.gif][sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 11-22-2009, 02:31 PM
J-3

I was really looking to buy one of these engines, and like East Flier, was concerned with all the dealer problems and spare parts availability. Maybe in the future, if the manufacturer gets its act together, I would like to buy one of the smaller engines. But for now, I have ordered a new G26EI from Chief Aircraft. I will keep my eye on this to see if anything changes, like I said, I really would like to have one, but not in this environment.....Brian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.