SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Hog78
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

I'm from Bangor, north of you. My friends say they work up there too.

~ Jim ~
I made the mistake of buying 42% zues ibec's but then I got the one from Syssa and all is well.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:25 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hog,
What issues did you have with yours? I have one of the 42% sitting in a box, wondering whether to take it to the swap meet or possibly use it.

~ Jim ~
Old 02-01-2011, 11:31 AM
jdeltano

I have the ignition kill from 42% and it worked good last season. I don't have an Ibec, I am still running two batteries.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I probably missed that part. Is the IBEC for using a Lipo or a setup like that?

I use two separate NimH batteries in my birds.

Just a comment on the range check referred to above. I don't believe a 2.4 Spektrum or a 2.4 JR are supposed to make it 100 steps on a range check with the button pushed. The best I've ever gotten on my street with cars bouncing the signal around was a little less than 100 steps away. I'm pretty sure they give a shorter distance on their range checks. I'll look it up when I get some time.

~ Jim ~
Old 02-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Joystick TX

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ghoffman -

Wow, that is an awesome group of fliers. We barely get that many on warm sunny days at our field.

I notice you have a lot of "plane eating" trees around your field. Ours are so far away it's ridiculous, but they do manage to snag an airplane once in a while.

I used to fly in the cold; I was 1,300 miles north of Maine. That took all the fun out of it for me.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:59 PM
jdeltano

IBEC = Ignition Battery Elimination Circuit, for those that don't want a second battery. The ignition runs off the flight battery through a filtering circuit so it does not feedback to the radio, and also can cut power to the ignition when needed to.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Hog78
My Feedback: (36)

With the unit properly mounted IE foam wrapped and secured the unit would be intermittent. I sent two back and used 1 and still does it and have a brand new one in the package which I will never use.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:54 PM
ghoffman
My Feedback: (3)

The trees don't bother me much, and this is the smallest field around, but it is open all year. The trees and smaller field teach you discipline, the cold just makes you drink more at the local pub later.
Old 02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Shoot, that's bigger than most of the fields down here. I loved how big the fields were up north. Seems like down here, there's something BIG that's wrong with each and every field. If I run every field around through my head, I can name one thing from each of them.

Mud hazard. Pipe running alongside the runway that shears off gear. House built at the end of the runway...by the guy who sold us the field....after he sold us the field, after 7 grand was spent on the runway. Gopher holes, ruts and chronic flooding. Barbed wire fence running alongside the runway, on metal poles. Sinkholes. Cow plops. More Cow Plops. Guy who owned half the field quit the club and started his own club, so the runway is half as long and no approaches allowed from the "other" side of wherever you're flying. Polo balls and divets, and hoof holes to drop a wheel into. And last, full-scale birds coming in, maybe announced, maybe not.

We have no fields without at least one major detractor. There are days down here where I miss flying in the frigid winter weather on my nice, open, clear field in Plymouth, Maine.

Nice to see that photo.

~ Jim ~
Old 02-01-2011, 07:01 PM
ghoffman

Here is the group photo.

The best flyer around here is Cody, and here is a vid of his new 3DHS Extra 330 at that event
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hstG_161d60
Old 02-01-2011, 07:05 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Sure, sure, make me TOTALLY jealous!

(Of the group shot, not the video.)

~ Jim ~
Old 02-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

Thinking of picking one of these up.. What kind of lead time are you looking at, are you backed up, or have them ready to ship?

I was thinking of putting one in a ESM P-51, looks like it would fit right in there with the rear mounted carb and exhaust. has anyone tried this combo yet, did a search and came up empty...
Anyone know of someone that usedone on aESM stang?
Old 02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
ghoffman

You do realize I had to eat my grilled double chili cheeseburger real fast so it did not re-freeze, right? Life sucks sometimes when it is cold I guess.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

That drip-drip-drip noise is my heart bleeding for ya.

~ Jim ~
Old 02-01-2011, 10:58 PM
ScaleRules
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

Get the Vess 18 x 6 or Vess 18.5 x 5.5. I get mine from Todd at SASSA Aircraft Performance. Send email to [email protected].
I am using the 18.5 x 5.5 and love it. Mine is installed in the Funtana 125.
I don't like Vess... too loud.

Anyone tried some XOAR props? if so which ones?

Jim
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM
ScaleRules
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: ghoffman

Honestly, so far, my Syssa runs better than my DA-60, but that is not fair since it has been Winter around here since I got the -60. I don't even mind being a Beta site, Todd is close by and a good guy. Now, give me the new Walbro electronic fuel injection, and you have access to my checkbook!
ghoffman,

Where did you get you a DA60 from? No advertised anywhere on website.

Walbro fuel injectio? *** is that? Do tell!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:42 AM
ghoffman

I got my DA-60 from DA! I just got on the list and they sent me s/n 0002! Here is the Walbro EEM video. Someone said this weekend that 3W is offering EFI for some of their engines. It sure would be nice in the extreme weather we have.
http://wem.walbro.com/walbro/video/walbro_eem-7.wmv
Old 02-02-2011, 05:03 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can just see us getting into various EGT adapters for the different engines as well as different size Mass Air Flow sensors for the intake with different injector flow volumes and all the after market Eproms or flash burner programs for the different algorithms needed.

Instead arguing about oil types and ratios, it will be about different closed loop algorithms?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:17 AM
Mike Miller

I like everything about the EFI except I keep remembering when cars and trucks had good ole carburators on them and no computers, I was able to do pretty much any repair on them. Today I just give up and take it to a mechanic friend of mine that keeps his software current. On the other hand, perhaps we won't get too protective of the software for these hobby engines like the auto manufacturers did.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:20 AM
ghoffman

I am sure, but we program the servos, "computer" radios, ESC's, so it is no big deal. I rode a new Ski-Doo Saturday that was an 800cc 2 stroke with EFi, and it started and ran perfectly. In fact, there was no reverse 'gear", just push a button and the engine just stops for a few milliseconds and restarts running in reverse. Hit the button again, and it goes forward. Perfect idle, immediately even at 10F.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:29 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've owned the EFI cars for some 26-27 years now.

I remember going out to start a car when it was below Zero F and what it was like compared with today.

Now you start the car with your foot off the accelerator pedal. I also remember the different start up sequence for the mechanical FI airplane engines back 45 years ago where you intentionally flooded them and then cut the fuel flow off until the engine started then you would catch it with the proper fuel flow.

Model plane engines will be that way also and require a different start up sequence.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:39 AM
Mike Miller

I remember it very well myself. Honestly I don't want to go back. Growing up on the farm, starting the feed truck first thing on a morning much like this morning, setting out there in the freezing cold for 15 or 20 minutes pumping the carb so it would stay running and Finally get warm.

Now that I think about it, most younger folks wouldn't even know how to start up the older carburated vehicles. It was a completely different world back then.

It would defineatly be nice to flip on the switch, hear the fuel pump pressure up the FI system, flip the prop once and let it warm up knowing the the mixture was set right and didn't need any tweaking.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 AM
ghoffman

Different, that is for sure! It will be: turn it on, flip it once and it is running. Install the cowling when you build the plane, leave it on forever.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:57 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: ScaleRules

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

Get the Vess 18 x 6 or Vess 18.5 x 5.5. I get mine from Todd at SASSA Aircraft Performance. Send email to [email protected].
I am using the 18.5 x 5.5 and love it. Mine is installed in the Funtana 125.
I don't like Vess... too loud.

Anyone tried some XOAR props? if so which ones?

Jim

I'm running a wood Xoar 18 X 6 right now, very little prop noise, enough that I noticed it when flying it the first time out. I like it very much.

~ Jim ~
Old 02-02-2011, 07:02 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: Mike Miller

I remember it very well myself. Honestly I don't want to go back. Growing up on the farm, starting the feed truck first thing on a morning much like this morning, setting out there in the freezing cold for 15 or 20 minutes pumping the carb so it would stay running and Finally get warm.

Now that I think about it, most younger folks wouldn't even know how to start up the older carburated vehicles. It was a completely different world back then.

It would defineatly be nice to flip on the switch, hear the fuel pump pressure up the FI system, flip the prop once and let it warm up knowing the the mixture was set right and didn't need any tweaking.

LOL! I sold all my heavy equipment before coming to Texas. Those were still like the old cars; start them and nurse them for a long time until they'll stay running on their own. I remember those freezing minutes ticking by. I really don't miss that either!

~ Jim ~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.