Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Hi

After following the assembly thread , it,s always a pleasure to watch the first flight .

Two thumbs up on that first flight Tom [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Congratulations

Thanks for the thread and thanks for sharing

Michel
Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Tseres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey Tom
I just saw the video on your SBACH...... Question.... Just before takeoff... were you saying a little prayer? I saw your head tilt down a little...
Great flying! (as always of course). Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
Henry
I saw that praying worked for Dick Pettit. So I thought I'd try it.

No. I think I was making sure the transmitter batteries were up and the timer on the radio was turned on. Sounds good anyway.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Tseres

Yeah Michel the first flight was pretty good. I rung it out pretty good on the 4-th flight. I still have some tweaking to do on the trim and try to go with only one batterie and save 5.5oz in the process. I'm told one batterie is enough. I'll try it but will check mAh usage after each flight and see how much it really uses.
My son took the video but had to leave after the second flight and No One can use my stupid camera but us. It is real hard to follow a plane on the viewing screen. That is why my friend Bob is all ways flying my planes in most of my videos. Will get more video when we can.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Michel

Hi Tom

Most of the time I,m sooooo ( mostly speaking for myself ) . happy to get rid of those first couple of flights . Than after that , is done , the real FUN begins . What we have put , so much time into , we go looking for the aircraft we chose , and trim it as such , along with the engine of course . Once we have that accomplished , we fly till our hearts are content , and on to the next mission . We do it all over again . We love to torment . and torture , ourselves . Sometimes it hurts to be human

Now enjoy youre aircraft , you earned it

Regards

Michel
Old 09-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hi Tom

Most of the time I,m sooooo ( mostly speaking for myself ) . happy to get rid of those first couple of flights . Than after that , is done , the real FUN begins . What we have put , so much time into , we go looking for the aircraft we chose , and trim it as such , along with the engine of course . Once we have that accomplished , we fly till our hearts are content , and on to the next mission . We do it all over again . We love to torment . and torture , ourselves . Sometimes it hurts to be human

Now enjoy youre aircraft , you earned it

Regards

Michel
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:43 AM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

It has Been awhile since an update so here it is.

Both the red and blue YD Aero 112cc pilot extras are flying now. They both run fantastic.

The Blue one that we started running first has about 6 gallons through it and really is performing beyond my expectations. The motor has gone from a zdz starting pattern to a few flips and go pattern. I have flown several engines and this one is by far the most comfortable one that I have flown. Its the little things that matter such as the extremely low reliable idea at about 1200 rpms. Its nice to have the buffer between the low idle that the plane can perform and the idle that you fly at I.E. about 1600 for me. This motor is pulling around a monster airframe and with the power it has it almost like flying a big foamy. The midrange is everything that this company raves about and it super smooth.

I have tried a few diffrent props to see how the motor reacts.

Xoar 27x10- Unlimited vertical This prop was on for the first part of break in

Xoar 27 3Db-Has about the same performance as the above prop however the motor seems to spool up alittle faster

Xoar 27 3Da- Prop performed well. The plane had no bad habits with this prop. Spool up was super quick. We tried this prop due to the size of the airframe. The one downfall that we saw with this prop motor combo is that pull out of hovers were not always the same. We believe that this has to do with the prop flexing when poping the throttle. If you watched you left stick some the prop could handle the power that the motor produces.

Xoar 28x10- This prop performs well for IMAC style flying.

We will be testing 27x12 and 26x12 props soon. We are trying to cover all the size that guys typically would look at for diffrent styles of flying.

The red plane is performing like the blue plane it just has less gas running through the engine. On both of these planes we became really comfortable with the engines after the first few tank fulls. Niether engine has shown any bad habits. They both came out of the box with the same super low idle and they both are very spot on in the performance catagory from idle all the way through the high end.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Tseres

Now that's what I call a good and useful report. Thanks.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:44 PM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

Thanks I am working on doing as much prop testing as I can for everyone. Now people need to take into consideration that the plane being tested on is almost the size of a 37.5% Yak. So it is alot of plane for the motor. Hints why the plane flys like a 112cc foamy . Most likely after the finishing of prop testing I will be switching back to the 27b, 27x10, or staying with the 26x12(to be tested) for my style of flying.
Old 09-12-2010, 10:29 AM
tym2brn

Recieved my YDA 56 thursday,Nice looking eng....Going to install it on my Great Planes Ultimate Biplane...I have been running a rcgf 45
on this plane, great eng, but I have had the prop hub shear off twice now, Any of you running the rcgf 45 I would recommend the hub upgrade, this is very dangerous....Thanks Henry for the great customer support "again".....Mark
Old 09-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Michel

Hi

Well I,m already putting myself in line for the 38cc , The is an elderly gentleman , that is so happy with his 28cc , that once I told him there was a 38 cc , coming out , the next words out of his mouth was , I WANT ONE . .

If the 38 is to be out in the very near future , where,s the picture in the site ?

Later

Michel
Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Michel

The designs are being converted into molds now (for the cylinder). The crankcases will be machined in about 10 days time. I will post the drawings tomorrow for you. The unknown is when the cylinders will be ready from the supplier. What I mean by that is we are expecting them the first week of October. This may be delayed a little. We are talking delays of days or several weeks at best. The factory unfortunately has no control over this and it is somewhat frustrating to say the least.

Cheers
Henry

Old 09-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Michel

Hi Piston

Thats fine ,........................... been there , done that , I,ve worked in production lines , ( preparing and repairing ) , most of my working life . If youre 38 cc is anything like youre 28 . Any period of wait is worth it .

Thanks for the update .

Always staying in touch

Michel
Old 09-12-2010, 08:34 PM
CannonFodder
My Feedback: (23)

Hey tym2brn,

I had that same problem. I determined that the prop bolt was too long and was pushing against the crank shaft stressing the prop hub. I remove an 1/8" from the prop bolt and it seems the hub is holding up fine. I had wondered if anyone else had experienced this problem. Where did you get your new hub?

Mark
Old 09-13-2010, 06:18 PM
tym2brn

Here is the PH# for the rcgf 45 hub upgrade 1-732-287-3933
Old 09-14-2010, 03:13 PM
s3nfo
My Feedback: (14)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Henry,

I see where Bill Jensen is retiring and not taking anymore engines for service. Who's gonna be the new service center?

Old 09-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

I am considering the JC 28 for my 95" Senior Telemaster Kit. Does that seem a good combo? I will be taking aerial video and photos with this plane as well as just enjoying a relaxing plane to fly. All comments welcome.

Thanks.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Piston

Hey s3nfo

Yep... Bill is retired... We opened up our own shop in Florida. All repairs are being done in-house now....

Hey Mike2735
The JC28 will fly the Senior Telemaster around very nicely. You won't have any problems with the engine pulling the plane.

Cheers

Henry
Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Mike2735
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks piston. I will have one soon then.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: Mike2735

I am considering the JC 28 for my 95'' Senior Telemaster Kit. Does that seem a good combo? I will be taking aerial video and photos with this plane as well as just enjoying a relaxing plane to fly. All comments welcome.

Thanks.
Hi Mike2735

It,s OK Piston . I.ll take this one ,......................... YOU CAN BET IT WILL , with power to spare
Old 09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
RedwingRC

hey guys, here's a video TJ in St. Louis made with his MX2, and the JC

He makes it look easy! Love the tail grab.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsdEPa70dMc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Old 09-16-2010, 10:47 AM
RedwingRC

Ok, how do you embed on RCU??
Old 09-16-2010, 11:49 AM
s3nfo

ORIGINAL: Piston

Hey s3nfo

Yep... Bill is retired... We opened up our own shop in Florida. All repairs are being done in-house now....

Hey Mike2735
The JC28 will fly the Senior Telemaster around very nicely. You won't have any problems with the engine pulling the plane.

Cheers

Henry
Thanks Henry,

Does that include the old RCGF stuff, or just the JC and YDA lines?
I've got an old RCGF 50 I wanted Bill to have a look at for non-warranty work. Since Bill and Ralph retired, looking for a good engine shop.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:53 AM
s3nfo

Stupid NMCI - double post!

Old 09-16-2010, 01:18 PM
Piston

Hey s3nfo
We would like to do the repairs for rcgf engines, but they refuse to talk with us, or sell us the spare parts. Aussiesteve and I are in the same spot..We were (are) told to send customers direct to the factory and the warranty repairs will be handled directly by them. I don't know who could do a non warranty repair for their engines..

Sorry!!!!
Cheers
Henry

Old 09-17-2010, 12:43 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

Aussiesteve is a stand up guy.He offered help for an engine i just bought that was bought here @ the lhs.Its a shame he didnt have a 50cc twin for me.His suggestions were right on the money .I dont understand why they do the PARTS HOSTAGE game though.Id sell parts to everyone and anyone.When i was in business I would sell parts from my inventory to the competition.I figured even if i didnt make the labor i still made the parts profit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.