Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Hi gabarber

I really like that photo of your Cessna 195 in flight! [sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-15-2010, 04:00 PM
G.Barber
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! The Cessna 195 is a beautiful plane, both in the air and on the ground. The muffler is from Jtec, and does a nice job on the JC.

If you head over to the review section, you can see the whole review and a video of the 195. The JC engine review is there too, if you want to see that. The JC review showcases the engine on my Super Cub.

If you watch both of the videos, you'll see that the JC is rarely at full throttle!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:00 PM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always wanted to convert a super cub to a bush plane lol. It does seem like fun. The 38 would be killer in it.

10cc gasser that are worth their weight are a long time off.[sm=cry_smile.gif] The power to weight ratio is just not there yet. But when The day comes trust me I will have some. I have several models that I like in the .40 size range that i skip over getting due to Im not a glow fan and im to busy to convert to electric.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:08 PM
G.Barber

For me, anything .40 size and larger just HAS to have an internal combustion engine on it. I do like electric power, and have several smaller planes that are electric, but the bigger planes have to make noise!
Old 10-15-2010, 06:28 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: MTK

Steve,

I see on BME's website their 58 Extreme weighing in at about 2 1/2 lbs. Is that for real? Only around 40 ozs for an engine with double the displacement of the 30cc class? Doesn't sound possible with the main compromise being longevity
Hi Matt

Yes it is absolutely real and Longevity isn't the compromise, purchase price is the compromise. Ya pay for what ya get. (and yes - I meant to say it that way around).

Now back to JC, YD-Aero and RC Aero products. The OP on this thread (I do know him very well) did mention that this was to be about these products.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:56 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: MTK

Steve,

I see on BME's website their 58 Extreme weighing in at about 2 1/2 lbs. Is that for real? Only around 40 ozs for an engine with double the displacement of the 30cc class? Doesn't sound possible with the main compromise being longevity
Hi Matt

Yes it is absolutely real and Longevity isn't the compromise, purchase price is the compromise. Ya pay for what ya get. (and yes - I meant to say it that way around).

Now back to JC, YD-Aero and RC Aero products. The OP on this thread (I do know him very well) did mention that this was to be about these products.

Okay, fair enough

Thanks for the answer, one I can trust with no hyperbole
Old 10-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Tseres

I just got home and decided to check my favorite thread and found no more bickering. I'm really glad to see you guys got it out of your system. At least I hope you did.

My son and I went out to fly The Redwing Sboch with the 28. He now proclaims it as his. Since he is Tom Jr. He is planning on putting some JR stickers on it to let me and the world know that the plane is JR's and not SR's. Well I hope he knows that this is the last plane he gets from me. And I mean it.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

PS. He also told me that he is selling all his glow stuff cause after flying his new plane, he don't need that stuff to collect dust anymore.

Kids, you got to love em.[:@]
Old 10-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: Tseres

I just got home and decided to check my favorite thread and found no more bickering. I'm really glad to see you guys got it out of your system. At least I hope you did.

My son and I went out to fly The Redwing Sboch with the 28. He now proclaims it as his. Since he is Tom Jr. He is planning on putting some JR stickers on it to let me and the world know that the plane is JR's and not SR's. Well I hope he knows that this is the last plane he gets from me. And I mean it.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

PS. He also told me that he is selling all his glow stuff cause after flying his new plane, he don't need that stuff to collect dust anymore.

Kids, you got to love em.[:@]
I don't have parents anymore......Would you like to adopt me? LOL
Old 10-16-2010, 10:08 PM
aussiesteve

Well I hope he knows that this is the last plane he gets from me. And I mean it.
Hey Tom
You do realise just how hopeless that statement is don't you?

I've been telling my boy the same thing for about 5 years now. So instead of taking planes and calling them "his". He just flys "Dads Planes" instead - same end result. I have to line up to fly my own planes.

Ya gotta love that Parent / Child time together that this hobby brings us don't ya. (I made it politically correct - anyone know of any Mother / Daughter "flying teams" out there in this hobby?).

Oh well - off to the field now so my son can fly my planes at our fields open day. I wonder if I wil get a turn on the sticks
Old 10-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Tseres

We have progressed from Hey Dad,are you going flying today? To Hey Dad I'll come over and help you unload my plane.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] So I guess I'm in the Same Boat as you Steve.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:45 PM
apalsson

Mate, that can easily be taken care of for you
Old 10-16-2010, 10:51 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: apalsson

Mate, that can easily be taken care of for you
No it can't
Old 10-16-2010, 10:53 PM
apalsson

No it can't
Can too ! [&o]
Old 10-16-2010, 10:57 PM
aussiesteve

Ok - I give in[&:]

We are ALL Winners

Ok - I am off to the field now - he has finished loading the van up (the plus of having a kid who likes to fly - he loads up the stuff for the day - never seems so keen to unload it though)
Old 10-16-2010, 11:02 PM
apalsson

Ok - I am off to the field now - he has finished loading the van up (the plus of having a kid who likes to fly - he loads up the stuff for the day - never seems so keen to unload it though)
Have fun - and give my best to Jr!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:52 AM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Reading the above posts this Sunday morning put a smile on my face ( I didn,t put it there ) ,........................... this is what it,s all about .

YES

Michel
Old 10-17-2010, 06:09 AM
aussiesteve

Yes Michel
Glad to help make you smile

This is exactly what this should be about. THis is a HOBBY. We do it (usually) because we enjoy it.
Anyone who "gets their knickers in a twist" over a hobby really should consider which hobby they should be doing.

Not so long ago, I rediscovered the fun of this hobby. By that I mean that instead of worrying about competing or worrying about what to sell and whom to sell it to - I just went out and flew for fun. I managed to rediscover things like my profile planes (not imac planes by any means), My other fun flyers and the fun of just boring a hole in the sky at full throttle to see if the wings would snap off (If this thought horrifies you, you may have needed to have been part of the conversation to understand that one - BTW - they didn't) and doing things like HARD blenders and rising flat spins.

Now - I have also rediscovered the joy of building, not from an ARF but from sticks of wood (and a few laser or router cut parts).

Yep - this is what life is all about
Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 AM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Steve I can relate to that. Last year I sold my Giant Stick as it cannot do a lot of things like knife edge. Now here I am a little over a year later with a new Giant Stick. Why? Because it is just plain fun to fly around and bore holes in the sky sometimes and not be doing fancy stunts or trying to hone my skill at something. (I need a lot of that) It is just a fun plane to race each other around it or go fly in crazy winds as it handles them so well. It even adds to the fun. The last time we were out with them (myself and the guy I sold my old one to) two other guys placed an order for one after seeing how much fun we were having.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:03 AM
fhm555

Hey folks....been out for a while and just did some catch up reading. In light of recent events I thought I'd share one of my all time favorite jokes with you.

A lawyer went to see his doctor for a checkup and the doc told him he was suffering from too much stress. A lifelong workaholic, the lawyer told his doc he didn't know what he could do about it. What with work and a home life which included two teenagers, he always thought stress was simply part of the job description.

"Nonsense" said his doctor, "what you need is a distraction, some kind of leisure activity to take your mind off all those pressures from time to time.

The lawyer pondered this for a moment and said, "I'd love to have a way to let off steam doc, but I've spent my entire adult life working. I wouldn't know where to begin." "No problem" the doc shot back, a relaxing outlet is easy to find." "Take me for example. I'm an amateur beekeeper. Hold on a minute and I'll show you some of my bees." said the doc as he walked to his desk where he pulled a mason jar full of dead bees from a drawer and handed it to the lawyer for his inspection.

"But all your bees are dead" said the lawyer...."so they are" replied the doc, who shrugged his shoulders as he added, "what's the BFD? It's just a hobby."
Old 10-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Mike Miller

I couldn't agree more with that sentiment, we are here to have fun, right?

Now a question for the gas engine gear heads among us. I have an engine with a walbro carb on it that has the fuel line fitting facing the engine instead of the firewall like I would prefer. Can I rotate the fitting without saying words that would indicate my distaste for the outcome? As simple question I know, but better off to ask the experts I think.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh14668.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	1518379  
Old 10-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

These fittings are press fit into the carbs . You can turn them , but turn them by the base , NOT where the hose slips on . It will break . If you add some CA ( with a tooth pick ) to the base of the fitting after you turn it , it will guarantee a seal .

Strange , what engine is it ?

Michel
Old 10-17-2010, 01:14 PM
Mike Miller

thanks for the info. It is a JC 28 (v 1, which is actually a 26cc so I am told) I know about the bearing problems with these, but I have been asured that those issues have been taken care of on this particular engine.

Film at eleven!
Old 10-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Johnny_Zero

I have the same engine and am waiting for the film. It's only 3:00PM here......waiting for it to be 11:00.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:11 PM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: Mike Miller

thanks for the info. It is a JC 28 (v 1, which is actually a 26cc so I am told) I know about the bearing problems with these, but I have been asured that those issues have been taken care of on this particular engine.

Film at eleven!
On the first engines it was not a bearing problem but a problem with the floating rod moving back and rubbing the rear case.

Milton
Old 10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Johnny_Zero

To BadAzzMaxx,

A moderator really needs to block you from this forum or RCU totally. Your constant BS on this forum should be banned. Henry and RC Aero are doing a fine job. Shut up and go away!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.