RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Hey All....

This blog is about engines...... and more engines... and planes that fly with the engines..... and peoples personal experiences that use the engines.... and companies that support that engines. Engines that have issues and how guys handle the issues. Engines...... that is it.

The guys here talk about engines and their likes and dislikes about aspects of the engines. What they see, what they wish for and what they want to see. All incredibly valid and useful information. You cannot buy this sort of information, and if you could, it would cost a fortune, I am sure.

Engines... how the guys use them to fly their planes with. Engines - how they modify and tweak them and let us know how they work. This is what the blog is about. There are great engines, really good engines, good engines, and the rest. The blog is about engines and how guys feel about them.
We all get emotional about the engines. I know that I do, especially the ones I have had input in its design and build. I like getting the feedback from happy users, and I work hard to make the unhappy ones pleased again. On the whole it is a successful venture. I have made many friends here and many of my customers are considered friends too.

I am a marketer and seller of rc products - engines and accessories. I provide a website that gets a tremendous amount of traffic for the videos and articles that I have posted. A lot of the information has come from the guys who contribute to RCU in the blogs. Sharing of information is a big part of the hobby/sport of rc'ing. I like doing it, and I like putting the great information together to get it shared around. It really is a cool feeling to receive an article from a fella who is excited about some new information and sends it me to share, not knowing that the information came from one of the articles that we posted.

We do get emotional here, and for me I do get defensive. People that know me, know that I care about the products, and the customers. Our company will bend backwards to help. Our company has been around for many years and has seen a lot of things happen to the hobby. Good and bad.
The point is for this blog... it is engines.....not pointless innuendo which is really best left for high school..... and for guys who think character assassination is ego building..... It is just plane (pun intended) childish.....

Engines are a passion (with me)..... and I want this blog to grow and inform and educate and teach.... this blog can take old men and make em young again, sharing experiences, and trying new things. Engines is what we all want to talk about here. (at least that is what I hope it is).
I have written to the moderators to take all of the past crappy postings off.... and to just talk about engines.

Henry

Old 10-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

I can say it a lot better than Piston just did ( in short ) ,........................................... RULE#2 Lets have fun ................. . Adults argue too much, kids just want to have fun .
Old 10-14-2010, 05:56 PM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

HI , Can someone tell me who makes a good 3-Blade props. need a couple sizes-15/10 & 16/8. you can PM me if you wish. thanks, Bill
Old 10-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Tseres

Man you guys been busy today. I'll catch up on the Gossip shortly.

We got the 56 in Bob's plane today. Ran two tanks of gas through 1.5 tanks in the air. Set the Idle around 2100rpm for break in but it would go lower. My favorite break in is to do Cuban and Reverse Cuban 8-ths till you turn blue in the face. Engine ran great. Forgot the camera in my excitement. Will get some pictures the next time.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Michel

Hi Tseres

You forgot the camera [sm=cry_smile.gif] ,............... minus 2 points for that one .

Just one thing , whats the weight of the plane ?

Michel
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Tseres

OK. So now I caught up on todays happenings.

I have an unofficial good guys list. Don't mean much to anyone but me. Q500RC and RCplanman. You two have made it on that list.

This is A JC and YD Aero engine thread. Not a comparison thread. The question was asked How to compare engines. I'll tell you as short story. Happened to me today.

My friend Bob had an unusual flying season. For what ever reason his luck just wasn't there. He hasn't been able to keep planes in the air for a sustained amount of time. I happened to have a new engine that we could put on his plane while he sends his in for an overhaul. I think he just needs the Carb rebuilt. We got his plane back in the air today. The smile on his Face and the handshake before he left the field is how to compare engines.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hi Tseres

You forgot the camera [sm=cry_smile.gif] ,............... minus 2 points for that one .

Just one thing , whats the weight of the plane ?

Michel
I'll promise to get the points back.

Prop, Spinner, engine, Ignition, 3 batteries, Switches, Servos, Extensions, Receiver, Balsa, Glue and covering. hope I didn't mis anything. About 17 lb.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Michel

Hi

IT,S GOT TO BE BALLISTIC ,............................... right

Michel
Old 10-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Tseres

Edited by me. Must have hit the wrong button.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

Hi

IT,S GOT TO BE BALLISTIC ,............................... right

Michel
No not yet. It 's going through Brake In Pains.[sm=lol.gif]

It's going to be like my other one. Take it's sweet old time braking in. So we will have to give it special attention and share that plane instead of mine and put some time on it in a hurry.[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 10-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Michel

Hi Tseres

Sorry ,............... I got ahead of myself here . I have very special plans for my 56, and results mean a lot to me .

I,ll be patient

Michel
Old 10-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

ORIGINAL: Tseres

OK. So now I caught up on todays happenings.

I have an unofficial good guys list. Don't mean much to anyone but me. Q500RC and RCplanman. You two have made it on that list.

This is A JC and YD Aero engine thread. Not a comparison thread. The question was asked How to compare engines. I'll tell you as short story. Happened to me today.

My friend Bob had an unusual flying season. For what ever reason his luck just wasn't there. He hasn't been able to keep planes in the air for a sustained amount of time. I happened to have a new engine that we could put on his plane while he sends his in for an overhaul. I think he just needs the Carb rebuilt. We got his plane back in the air today. The smile on his Face and the handshake before he left the field is how to compare engines.

Very nicely said......I purchased a JC 28cc on RCU and it is an older version. I contacted RC Aero about an upgrade kit and there isn't one, but Henry offered me a nice deal on the new version. What could be better that than. I just need to contact him and order the v2 JC 28cc. I haven't ran the old version yet but I hope that it is ok and if so I will have to fine engines at a great price. With the BEST coustomer service in the business!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

A dyno cjhart fpr tje G26 is on the toni-clark.com website...The G26 cylinder is what was used to clone the other cylinder, and is piston port...
Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, any you guys chose it for your engine, the performance numbers should be very close, the only difference being the rear carb and reed valve....I tried the JC28 both ways, rear carb and then blocked it off and put a G26 carb on the side...Not much difference in performance...
Where are you other dealers' dyno charts ???
And FWIW, the 35 or so DLEs I sold were not advertised, they went to my good custopmers...And for WAY less than the $100 over dealer cost you other frineds(?) of modelers charge...
I am not a dealer, don't kn ow what they pay...I got mine from a wholesaler, rcfans88....MY cost wast $201 delivered to my door...I sold most for $225, bought a few back from people afraid of the side intake BS that permeated this forum...
I have not had a wartranty problem, it would be covered completely if one ever happens....
I work out of my garage, my service is as good or better than anyone else's...I am backlogged at this time because of circumstance beyond my contor, but will catch up in a few weeks...
Horizon not selling me engines ? Yup, when Horizon bought the busness from Jim Goad they cut off all but real hobby shops...Just as well, their dealer prices for parts were higher than retail for the same part from a Red Max chainsaw dealer...
FWIW. RC EXL is not responding to E mails, maybe there are no more ignitions..Good luck guys, I don't need any more...
Old 10-14-2010, 09:17 PM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: Antique

A dyno cjhart fpr tje G26 is on the toni-clark.com website...The G26 cylinder is what was used to clone the other cylinder, and is piston port...
Since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, any you guys chose it for your engine, the performance numbers should be very close, the only difference being the rear carb and reed valve....I tried the JC28 both ways, rear carb and then blocked it off and put a G26 carb on the side...Not much difference in performance...
And FWIW, the 35 or so DLEs I sold were not advertised, they went to my good custopmers...And for WAY less than the $100 over dealer cost you other frineds(?) of modelers charge...
I am not a dealer, don't kn ow what they pay...I got mine from a wholesaler, rcfans88....MY cost wast $201 delivered to my door...I sold most for $225, bought a few back from people afraid of the side intake BS that permeated this forum...
I have not had a wartranty problem, it would be covered completely if one ever happens....
I work out of my garage, my service is as good or better than anyone else's...I am backlogged at this time because of circumstance beyond my contor, but will catch up in a few weeks...
Horizon not selling me engines ? Yup, when Horizon bought the busness from Jim Goad they cut off all but real hobby shops...Just as well, their dealer prices for parts were higher than retail for the same part from a Red Max chainsaw dealer...
FWIW. RC EXL is not responding to E mails, maybe there are no more ignitions..Good luck guys, I don't need any more...
Ralph in all fairness who an survive on a 24 dollar profit?Doin it out the back door added to your other business isnt the same as having to make decent profit selling engines.I have no beef against how you did it but thats like when we sold guns out of our retail business and people with no federal tax id but had an ffl bought guns for their buddies for 20 bucks over cost.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Antique

I make no bones about someone else making money on engines..When the Chinese figure out they don't need a middle man the whole thing will be over anyway, might as well get used to it..
Old 10-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Q500RC

Can we get back to YDA-JC engines please!!!

MOVING ON!

Speaking of the JC 28 I've not had much of a chance to finish up the last few little things this
summer on my plane. I'm now getting the last things ready so I can actually fly my plane
with the JC28 before it gets cold! It should hit the air in the next week.

The weather here is really nice right now having 70F - 80F temps and decent winds so looking
forward to putting some time on this motor and plane very soon before its too late!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:42 PM
T3beatz

I love the JC-28 engine... no problems so far, no dead-sticks and great power.  The only thing that I disliked about it was the throttle - choke setup.  hooking everything up or modifying the carb can be a pain, especially if you are new to engines and have not done it before.  Other than that, its great!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:08 AM
Johnny_Zero

ORIGINAL: Antique

Nice spelling and proofreading.....maybe less beer and more good info might help. I am sure I will get slamed for this post. I just can't stand someone that posts all this stuff and doesn't inspect their words.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:10 AM
Johnny_Zero

At this point I think it's time to have a Moderator step in. This has gotten out of control. [&o]
Old 10-15-2010, 06:01 AM
aussiesteve

The weather here is really nice too.
We have our field open weekend this weekend. Shame about that as I was really wanting to fly a lot seeing as last weekend had really cruddy weather. But it is good for the field I guess.

I let JC go to another importer for Australia as they have a bigger established customer base than I had so I really cant compete with their larger order quantites.

I still fly some JC planes - as well as 3W, MVVS and BME - does that count for a good comparison? Of course, I can only compare the following

JC28, 3W 28 MVVS 26 together
JC 53, YD-A 56, MVVS 50, MVVS 58, BME58 and 3W 55 together
JC 106, YD-A 112, MVVS 116, BME 116 and 3W 110 together

I dont have a fair comparison for the other sizes but I do have all of the above (plus some others) mounted in flyable airframes. All are very different to each other with different "needs".

Isn't this a great hobby and a great forum? We can use what we like, like who we wish, say what we feel and ignore the rest.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:02 AM
mighty9
My Feedback: (10)

thanx Steve.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:04 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

The weather here is really nice too.
We have our field open weekend this weekend. Shame about that as I was really wanting to fly a lot seeing as last weekend had really cruddy weather. But it is good for the field I guess.

I let JC go to another importer for Australia as they have a bigger established customer base than I had so I really cant compete with their larger order quantites.

I still fly some JC planes - as well as 3W, MVVS and BME - does that count for a good comparison? Of course, I can only compare the following

JC28, 3W 28 MVVS 26 together
JC 53, YD-A 56, MVVS 50, MVVS 58, BME58 and 3W 55 together
JC 106, YD-A 112, MVVS 116, BME 116 and 3W 110 together

I dont have a fair comparison for the other sizes but I do have all of the above (plus some others) mounted in flyable airframes. All are very different to each other with different ''needs''.

Isn't this a great hobby and a great forum? We can use what we like, like who we wish, say what we feel and ignore the rest.

Steve,

I see on BME's website their 58 Extreme weighing in at about 2 1/2 lbs. Is that for real? Only around 40 ozs for an engine with double the displacement of the 30cc class? Doesn't sound possible with the main compromise being longevity
Old 10-15-2010, 01:54 PM
G.Barber

I have a JC EVO 28 as well. I reviewed it for RCU earlier this summer, and it is now in its third plane.

When I reviewed it, I had the JC on the front of my 1/4 Scale Super Cub, and it was a great engine for the Cub, which weighed in at 14 pounds.

I flew the engine next in the Aeroworks Cessna 195 that I reviewed for RCU- that one tipped the scale at 16 pounds, and the JC flew it with authority. Neither of these planes required more that 1/2 - 3/4 throttle for most flying, including getting off the ground!

Now, the JC has found a permanant home in my Redwing RC MX2. I reviewed this plane late this summer, and the review should be going live soon, so watch for this one! This plane comes in at a mere 10-10.5 pounds, and the MX2 can do anything you could ask of it with the JC strapped to the fire wall!

A lot can be said for this engine- I have had installed on three different models, and the JC performed perfectly on all three installations! I really like this engine, and I WILL be hanging on to this one for a long time!

One other thing I'd like to mention- I used the same Xoar 18x6 prop for all three planes, and it also performed well for the three different applications!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61853.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	196.4 KB
ID:	1517126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc92516.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1517127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70735.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	1517128  
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

Very nice I remember reading your review. It was a nice write up. Glad to see you are liking the motor. Some people just have hard feelings for whatever reason. Lets all just look past the negitive comments and focus of the real points of this trend. Which in case anyone doesnt know is flying YD Aero engines .
Old 10-15-2010, 03:39 PM
G.Barber

Thanks for the kind words!

I really like my JC, and if I get another 30cc sized plane, I know what engine it will get too! I have a 1.20 sized Ultimate that I've even toyed with the idea of putting the JC on, but I'm thinking that might be just a bit overkill. I have an Evolution 1.20 glow on it now, which is also more than it needs, but it gets so slimy when I fly it that it's a huge pain to clean!

If I had my way, I would love to switch completely over to gas engines, but I have acouple of favorite .40 sized planes that wouldn't work for gas at this time. I know that someone is coming out with a 10cc gasser, but I don't remember which company that is.

Back to the YD Aero engines- I'm really looking forward to seeing the new 38cc and the 23cc. I think the 23 cc would be perfect for my 1.20 Ultimate, and Perhaps I could shoe-horn the 38 cc in my 1/4 scale Super Cub... Talk about Bush plane-type take offs! I've got the DuBro 1/3 scale Cub wheels and DuBro tail wheel assembly on the Super Cub now, and the 38 cc would kick ***** in it! Good thing the engines have a throttle on them...

Bottom line is this: If you want a 30 cc sized engine at a great price that will run strong for a long time? Get yourself a JC EVO 28!!! If the JC is any indication, the new engines will be awesome too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.