RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   Twin 60 CC (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/10952984-twin-60-cc.html)

Cyberwolf 03-04-2012 06:42 PM

RE: Twin 60 CC

Go for it Ralph, although it was alot of work I had a ball making this engine. :D:D

av8tor1977 03-04-2012 08:07 PM

Well, beautiful work and outstanding photos. Way cool!!

Ralph, did you get my PM's and e-mails concerning my order? Ya never know the way this site and the web in general is working these days.....

Thanks,
AV8TOR

Antique 03-04-2012 10:22 PM

Got it, I think all the parts are here.....

Cyberwolf 12-17-2012 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally got around to getting a plane for the twin I made, Full Spool was right on when he suggested the MXS-R The engine fit inside of the cowling with very little work to one side to clear the plug cap. So now its wait for a good day to try it out, seems to pull the plane hard on the ground but in the air will tell the whole story. BTW it was an early Xmas gift*L*
AUW is 17 lbs with an 89.5 WS it should float in for landings. The test prop will be the 23x8 xoar Laminated, servos are Hitec 7955 TG all around on a Smart Fly power pannel with a Futaba 14 Channel 2.4 reciever. The plane itself is a MXS-R Made by EG aircraft. A very nice plane I might add everything fit together like it was supposed to and the weight was what they said it should be. I hope to get some footage of the plane flying as soon as the weather breaks a little.
I was truly amazed at the smoothness of the engine running on the plane, I'm used to the singles and the way they shake the tail and so forth the twin hardly moves anything at idle.

Super08 12-17-2012 09:28 AM

Good luck Richard and Merry Christmas.

Cyberwolf 12-17-2012 11:44 AM

Thanks Doug , Merry Christmas to you also.

karolh 12-17-2012 02:05 PM

Hi Richard, nice to see you posting again. A georgeous looking model deserves a similar looking engine and that's the combination you have there. Pity your masterpiece will be for the most part hidden under the cowl, anyway best of luck with the both of them on the maiden flight.

Karol

Cyberwolf 12-19-2012 05:45 PM

Thank you Karol I think I have all my ducks in a row on the plane and engine.
I had built another plane a Road Runner 90 inch WS to put the twin on that left the engine out in the open, but I could not get it to balance out with out adding a ton of lead to the tail.
I didn't want to do that so I sold it and got the MXS-R. It will be a while before I can maiden it due to the weather here, just a tad to cold for me anymore to go out and play in it.
Is was 6 F this morning *L*
I hope everything is going well for you and yours and have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Richard.

FullSpool 12-19-2012 06:12 PM

Very nice Richard, beautiful work! How have you been?<div>
</div><div>
</div>

Cyberwolf 12-19-2012 06:48 PM

Hi FP thank you, I'm doing great as compared to the last time we exchanged emails sort of scary there for a while.
I sent you a email, but never did get a response from you.
I hope all is well with you and yours Merry Xmas and a happy NY

FullSpool 12-19-2012 06:51 PM

I never did get it or at least I don't remember getting one. Im glad you're doing much better!

Merry Christmas,
Justin