RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Gas Engines (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/)
-   -   DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/gas-engines-142/9863953-dle-20cc-gasser-data-links-1st-post.html)

Antique 07-15-2010 11:28 AM

RE: NEW DLE 20cc Gasser! (Data & Links 1st Post)

Too funny..Recent problems with new gassers...
Beam mounts are not good, need radial
Radial mopunts are not right, need beam.
Side carbs stick out too far, need rear.
Rear carbs stick out too far, need side.
Front carbs are too close to the prop, need longer hub...
Rear exhaust is too close to the firewall.
Side exhaust sticks out too far, need rear exhaust...
Engine is too heavy, should be lighter.
Engine is too light, need lead in the tail to balance.
Ignition takes too much power, need a heavy battery...
Factory supplied spark plug is no good, need a CM6, which is too expensive at most retailers, or not in stock.
Spark plug caps are too loose, need a hose clamp.
Spark plug caps are too tight, hard to remove...
4.8 to 6 volts means 7.2, ignition gets hot and quits...

And the beat goes on.........;)

meanrc 07-15-2010 12:24 PM

You are right on

Jk

jedijody 07-15-2010 12:51 PM

Your awesome Ralph, right on! :)

Anyone that wants to get on an advance notice list can send me an email at [email protected] when I get more info on price and availability I will email the group and they will have the first shot.

krayzc-RCU 07-15-2010 01:02 PM

what about the one that address the damage in a small bump up (means at warp speed)

P-51B 07-15-2010 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Antique

Factory supplied spark plug is no good, need a CM6, which is too expensive at most retailers, or not in stock.

I will guess that is in response to my question about the mounting option. Glad I could provide you with a laugh while wondering if the design would end up being more like the 30. :eek:

ORIGINAL: jedijody

Anyone that wants to get on an advance notice list can send me an email at [email protected] when I get more info on price and availability I will email the group and they will have the first shot.

Wow! I have always read good things about you here, thanks for the reply instead of jumping on Antique's "humor" bandwagon. ;)

I guess there is always Tower Hobbies or RCGF when the time comes...[sm=eek.gif]

TimBle 07-15-2010 01:44 PM

Think it through mate....

a 20cc is a drop in replacement  for .90 to 1.20 size four stroke so which are the most popular engine mounts for that size..?

you guessed it, beam. so will it move to radial mount? when ARF's have that mount option included in the box.

beam gets it

jedijody 07-15-2010 01:45 PM

First of all, I didn't see your question until just now, Ralph nor I made fun of anyone personaly.

No, I seriously doubt they will change it to a radial mount, most planes the engine is best suited for are designed around engines mounted on beams, many with blind nuts already installed. Personally I don't seeadifference between an engine mounted on sturdy beams and a radial mount.

Think what you want about me, but I do have a sense of humor.I can tell by your post count you've been around the forums for a while, you would know what Ralph posted was totaly true and had very little to do with your question, sorry if my chuckle caused you grief.

jedijody 07-15-2010 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: krayzc-RCU

what about the one that address the damage in a small bump up (means at warp speed)
I'm sorry, this went over my head.

hairy46 07-15-2010 02:02 PM

Got to admit that this DLE 20 has me excited! I am so tired of paying the glow fuel prices, Even the glow plugs have got more then the price of a spark plug! To get rid of the mess that comes with glow, There are so many reasons I am looking forward to the smaller gas engines, I am not really leaving glow, with the price of everything that goes with glow, Glow has been leaving me!

My doctor told me I would need allot more therapy, so I bought more planes!

captinjohn 07-15-2010 02:28 PM

Antique, That sure was right on but the way tou put it all together....I am still grinning from ear to ear. Wow...you are way cool today!!!!

Maybe the fans out there would like to start a new thing called "Dial a Company" !

They could call and order a engine Just the way they like it! Like Burger King!

I will have side exhaust on mine~
Don,t make it to heavy!
I want a pug & play engine....set to run!
I want it too have rear & side Intake...no make it front Intake!
Yes I want beam mounts...but be easy to use stand-off too!
I do not Care if it made in Tim Buck Too...as long as it has US or Japan bearings.
Dont make it too high compression...I cant turn en over!
Make sure it will run on any oil ratio!
I want crome muffler bearings in muffler...or a darn good tunned pipe included!
Leave out the onions!!!!!!!!! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...unge_smile.gif
Capt,n

hairy46 07-15-2010 04:15 PM

Super sized! Oh, and to drink a cherry Pepsi!

karolh 07-15-2010 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: P-51B

ORIGINAL: Antique

I will guess that is in response to my question about the mounting option. Glad I could provide you with a laugh while wondering if the design would end up being more like the 30. :eek:

ORIGINAL: jedijody

Wow! I have always read good things about you here, thanks for the reply instead of jumping on Antique's ''humor'' bandwagon. ;)

I guess there is always Tower Hobbies or RCGF when the time comes...[sm=eek.gif]

Come on P51 lighten up, we are all here to learn from each other and whenever possible have fun doing so and that's all this was ever intended to be .... FUN.

Karol

karolh 07-15-2010 05:23 PM

Jody,

Where can I find some information on the SD Models 60" profile you used as a test bed for the DLE 20.

Karol

SigMan 07-15-2010 06:46 PM

Subscribed.
:D

jedijody 07-15-2010 06:52 PM

Make sure you're sitting down first, the sticker shock could be severe.

https://www.thundertiger4u.com/store...idproduct=2801

Mako17 07-15-2010 07:14 PM

OUCH!!!!![sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif][sm=crying.gif]

w8ye 07-15-2010 08:08 PM

http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/67fusionarf/

cloudancer03 07-15-2010 08:36 PM

whew that is stick shock! glad I dumped all my 2 strokes.just kept my satios and a couple os 4 strokes.the dle 20 will be great! goodbye glow fuel.crap I still have 12 gallons of it lol.

wyo69cowboy 07-15-2010 09:11 PM

I haven't been around these forums nearly as long as some, but Antique's right onI've seen each one of those gripes about various engines! Anyway, this new DLE sounds pretty good; lighter than the SV17 and more power. If the price is around $250, they're gonna have a hit!

karolh 07-15-2010 09:45 PM

You were so right, I did get a shock for real as that price seems unreal. Anyway this DLE engine seems as if going to be top of the 20cc heap the minute it hits the market, as it looks like it will provide most all of what we have been wanting in a small gasser.

Karol

hairy46 07-15-2010 10:06 PM

Yes I do believe you are right! That is just about the biggest planes I want to have and keep! With gas engine's getting smaller I really can not see the need for the high dollar glow fuel and plugs! 20 and smaller engines is what I have been looking forward to and DLE is a proven engine!

Antique 07-15-2010 10:16 PM

Nothing hard about making a beam mount just like the cast ones made for glow engines, some even had a hole for a nose wheel gear...Take a lump of 6061 and machine away everything that doesn't look like a radial mount..I think Milton Thompson had one of mine on a Pooulan 46 a few years before Brillelli.....

karolh 07-16-2010 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: hairy46

Yes I do believe you are right! That is just about the biggest planes I want to have and keep! With gas engine's getting smaller I really can not see the need for the high dollar glow fuel and plugs! 20 and smaller engines is what I have been looking forward to and DLE is a proven engine!
Maybe at long last the major engine manufacturers are realizing that the vast majority of us fly 60-1.20 size models and would enjoy having a suitable gas alternative to glow power.

Karol

Airbear 07-16-2010 08:39 AM

I could really use a couple of these engines. But since we had to move our field noise has become a real issue.
I would have to know just how much noise these enigines make. This will determine my choice of engines.

Whistling Death 07-16-2010 08:41 AM

I think the beam mount was well thought out. The fact that you can take your 120 glow engine out and drop this 20cc in is nice.
Anyway Ralph was right on with his humorous takeoff on the fickle RC crowd. As the old saying goes, art often imitates life. :D