Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic
Reload this Page >

Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

Community
Search
Notices
Giant Scale Aircraft - 3D & Aerobatic Discuss all your 3D & Aerobatic giant scale airplanes right here!

Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 07:43 AM
robersteam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great,thanks Richard.now i´ll cancel my glasses order,jajaja!
what do you think about landing gear extention,is it necessary or could i try it as it is?
Old 12-06-2022, 09:03 AM
RichardGee
My Feedback: (156)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by robersteam
great,thanks Richard.now i´ll cancel my glasses order,jajaja!
what do you think about landing gear extention,is it necessary or could i try it as it is?
The longer scale gear look SOOO much better.
Also, IF you build the plane and flying wires with the standard length gear, IF you want to replace them with the longer scale gear later, your flying wires will be too short.
The longer gear do not present a ground handling problem; they are a bit more work, but look alot better.
Your call...
The following users liked this post:
robersteam (12-06-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 06:53 AM
robersteam

[QUOTE=RichardGee;12753893]The longer scale gear look SOOO much better.
Also, IF you build the plane and flying wires with the standard length gear, IF you want to replace them with the longer scale gear later, your flying wires will be too short.
The longer gear do not present a ground handling problem; they are a bit more work, but look alot better.
Your call...

i´ll study it a little more. unfortunatlly my old 3w turn out to be 120cc not 150 as i thought.it a 30 years old 3w 120b2
Old 12-17-2022, 05:38 PM
5th GeeBee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hello Richard,i just read the 36 pages manual from Carf web page and couldn´t find control surface deflections,i there any other manual or maybe i´m getting blind?,LoL
Heres's the thing...I doubt your a novice, building a CARF GB. It's a racing plane and as such requires minimum inputs. Your previouse experience will give you a pretty good idea of surface deflections....cut those down by about 25% to start with. More important than control surface travel is ailron differential. The R-2 and R-1 were yawing MF's. Benjamin claimed that even in straight and level flight the R-2 would "hunt" in yaw.
Build or program at least 35% differential.. I used 50% on mine.
Old 12-17-2022, 06:01 PM
5th GeeBee

Originally Posted by 5th GeeBee
Heres's the thing...I doubt your a novice, building a CARF GB. It's a racing plane and as such requires minimum inputs. Your previouse experience will give you a pretty good idea of surface deflections....cut those down by about 25% to start with. More important than control surface travel is ailron differential. The R-2 and R-1 were yawing MF's. Benjamin claimed that even in straight and level flight the R-2 would "hunt" in yaw.
And a Demon Cortex
Old 12-19-2022, 02:28 AM
robersteam

hello,
no,I´m not novice.I build and fly since i was 14,i´m 44 now. Also I´m in use to speed.I have a Carf Ultraflash that flies 100% throttle whole flight,but i´d like to minimize chance of dissaster with this one.thanks for your data!!!
Old 12-19-2022, 05:32 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

[QUOTE=robersteam;12755322]hello,
no,I´m not novice.I build and fly since i was 14,i´m 44 now.
Sheeze - beginner!
Old 12-19-2022, 05:12 PM
5th GeeBee

I never said you were a beginner! Something got lost in translation. I said your NOT a novice or you wouldn't be building a CARF GB. (I'm 67 and I've been building since I was 10)
BTW. Carf has an updated pictorial manual that you can dowload after you contact them.. It's completely pictorial but is very useful. You'll have to contact them in Germany and it's a locked file or I'd forward you mine. I forgot the womans name there but she is prompt with emails and is very helpful.. ( Richard, your manual was fantastic but mine was missing the control surface travel page also)
Oh. Congrats on the World Cup!................Mark
(P.S. Are you in Northridge or Buenos Aires?)

Last edited by 5th GeeBee; 12-19-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-21-2022, 02:47 AM
robersteam

I never said you were a beginner! Something got lost in translation. I said your NOT a novice or you wouldn't be building a CARF GB. (I'm 67 and I've been building since I was 10)
BTW. Carf has an updated pictorial manual that you can dowload after you contact them.. It's completely pictorial but is very useful. You'll have to contact them in Germany and it's a locked file or I'd forward you mine. I forgot the womans name there but she is prompt with emails and is very helpful.. ( Richard, your manual was fantastic but mine was missing the control surface travel page also)
yes,i undestood.I´ll ask manual to Andreas. i live 20 miles from downtown,it´s been crazy.over 5 millon people were at 9 of july Av. to greet Soccer Team.

Old 12-21-2022, 05:43 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

My comment was a tongue in cheek joke - clearly you are not a beginner!
Old 12-23-2022, 09:01 AM
5th GeeBee

Now I feel stupid. If you are building a V1, something you might want to consider is adding extra reinforcement behind the motor dome or even replacing it with the updated carbon version.I'm pretty sure the carbon dome will fit perfectly. The old fiberglass dome had a tendancy to flex, unwinding the built in right thrust. We probably know each other. I'm guessing you fly at Appollo?

Last edited by 5th GeeBee; 12-23-2022 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-26-2022, 02:54 AM
robersteam

Now I feel stupid. If you are building a V1, something you might want to consider is adding extra reinforcement behind the motor dome or even replacing it with the updated carbon version.I'm pretty sure the carbon dome will fit perfectly. The old fiberglass dome had a tendancy to flex, unwinding the built in right thrust. We probably know each other. I'm guessing you fly at Appollo?
i think i´ll add carfon fiber reinforcement to original one,or maybe make it new in CF, we don´t have any access to Carf parts here in Argentina,also Customs are very difficult to import one from Germany.
Old 01-06-2023, 11:44 PM
Airbusdriver74

And a Demon Cortex

why specifically a Demon Cortex? I fly jeti and consider to put a jeti assist receiver in my GEEBEE. Is there an advantage using a cortex that’s missing in a assist receiver?
Old 01-07-2023, 01:47 AM
hannes83

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Airbusdriver74
why specifically a Demon Cortex? I fly jeti and consider to put a jeti assist receiver in my GEEBEE. Is there an advantage using a cortex that’s missing in a assist receiver?
It doesn´t matter if you use an iGyro, Cortex or a JETI assist - the main thing is, you use one - no matter the brand :-)

On the video you see a iGyro (plane with markings) and a JETI assist (plane without markings) - handle exact the same!

2x CARF GeeBee R2 in flight

All the best,
Hannes

Old 01-07-2023, 01:59 AM
Airbusdriver74

Originally Posted by hannes83
It doesn´t matter if you use an iGyro, Cortex or a JETI assist - the main thing is, you use one - no matter the brand :-)

On the video you see a iGyro (plane with markings) and a JETI assist (plane without markings) - handle exact the same!

2x CARF GeeBee R2 in flight

All the best,
Hannes
that’s great to hear Hannes. Everybody is always talking about a demon in the geebee, never understood what makes the demon so special. I know Gernot had a demon in his geebee, maybe that’s where it comes from .

Stefan
Old 01-07-2023, 02:07 AM
hannes83

that’s great to hear Hannes. Everybody is always talking about a demon in the geebee, never understood what makes the demon so special. I know Gernot had a demon in his geebee, maybe that’s where it comes from .

Stefan
All bullsh** sorry! Stories from people who never built or flew one... if someone tells you something about a GeeBee and he cannot show you a video, where he flew the plane succesful, DON´T trust him!
I´m sooo tired of all the myths around the plane, told by people who has no idea...

PS: I built the one from Gernot and YES it had a Cortex - worked as great as the iGyro or the JETI assist... the airplane needs a pilot who does know what he is doing, the gyro is only the cherry on the cake...

All the best,
Hannes

Old 01-07-2023, 03:09 AM
5th GeeBee

I suggested Demon Cortex because that's the one I'm familiar with. It was well made, compact, and easy to program. I was told never to maiden with a Gyro on because the gains won't be established but I did it anyway and the results were spectacular on my CARF R-2..(Hannes, I don't have video.....guess you'll have to trust me) It required NO right rudder on takeoff and was very stable, I followed the mfg. suggestion and reduced the expo and started at 15% gain. I can't speak to the other brands. ( I'll say this though, I wouldn't touch the one Horizon sells with a ten foot pole).
Mark.

Last edited by 5th GeeBee; 01-07-2023 at 04:19 PM.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:43 AM
Airbusdriver74

I used long time ago a demon on another plane as well and yes it works fantastic. But programming the jeti assist is nicely integrated in the jeti transmitter. @Hannes, do you know which assist mode and gains/settings you’re using on your jeti system?
stefan
Old 01-11-2023, 10:16 AM
hannes83

I used long time ago a demon on another plane as well and yes it works fantastic. But programming the jeti assist is nicely integrated in the jeti transmitter. @Hannes, do you know which assist mode and gains/settings you’re using on your jeti system?
stefan
No, sorry - I built the plane for a customer and he did the maiden flight by himself. I never asked him about his settings.

Hannes
Old 01-11-2023, 10:19 AM
hannes83

The 50% is also growing fast ;-)

Thread: 50% GeeBee R2 powered by a 420cc VALACH radial

Old 01-11-2023, 05:21 PM
5th GeeBee

That things *****en!
Is the fillet composite? RC Univewrse won't let you say Bitc*en? *****^n. B^tchen. How about *****. I don't like being censored. Especialy by an algorithm.
What if I say batchen and you replace the a with an i. Ridiculous.

Last edited by 5th GeeBee; 01-11-2023 at 06:55 PM.
hannes83 (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 10:33 PM
hannes83

That things *****en!
Is the fillet composite? RC Univewrse won't let you say Bitc*en? *****^n. B^tchen. How about *****. I don't like being censored. Especialy by an algorithm.
What if I say batchen and you replace the a with an i. Ridiculous.
In the end it will be a full composite airplane like the CARF and yes, the kits will be for sale after the prototype flew succesful :-)
Old 01-13-2023, 04:35 AM
robersteam

my LG mod,hope it reduce bouncing!!!
Old 01-13-2023, 05:13 AM
Airbusdriver74

Is it a spring or an oleo damper? I’m afraid it won’t dampen the landing if it’s just a spring
Old 01-13-2023, 05:32 AM
hannes83

my LG mod,hope it reduce bouncing!!!
We did the same thing many years ago, works perfect with the right one - if it´s to weak the landing will be a nightmare! The stiffer the better
No more neccessary with the new CARF gear

robersteam (01-13-2023)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.