Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

180 Saito

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 10:08 AM
jknox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 180 Saito

ORIGINAL: w8ye

Remember that overlap interval center point should be about 5 degrees before TDC.

Oh, I thought it was AT TDC, not 5 before. I might need to go back and reassemble the cam chest on my 125 now.

ORIGINAL: bob62

You can also put a little extra black molly grease in cam box to keep gear from moving
Thank you bob62 I'll try that, and my apologies for the thread hijack, I thought I was in the Club Saito thread when I posted
Old 01-29-2012, 10:19 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: 180 Saito

Due to the number of teeth on the cam, it (The exact center point) will never be on TDC. It is going to be either before or after.

One thing to remember is that the overlap interval must pass through top dead center. But in actuality, the center point where both valves are open the same exact amount should be about 5 degrees before top dead center in the Saito, OS, & Magnum four strokes.

Be sure you are turning the crank in the correct direction!