Glow Engines Discuss RC glow engines

magnum xl 80 rfs

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 05:35 PM
ggale
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default magnum xl 80 rfs

this engine is not getting fuel. the tank, line and pickup clunk are ok. i did take off the carb, cleaned and put it back. the idle mixture is loose, but plan to put a piece of tubing on it. still, it should pick up fuel. was used on a hog bipe several years ago, but has not been run since. turns good and has good compression. any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:49 PM
foresterxt
My Feedback: (35)

Default RE: magnum xl 80 rfs

ORIGINAL: ggale

this engine is not getting fuel. the tank, line and pickup clunk are ok. i did take off the carb, cleaned and put it back. the idle mixture is loose, but plan to put a piece of tubing on it. still, it should pick up fuel. was used on a hog bipe several years ago, but has not been run since. turns good and has good compression. any help would be appreciated.

Try spinning the engine with an electric starter and plug the muffler for a second or two. You should see some fuel being drawn.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:42 AM
asmund

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it doesn`t draw fuel and fires up with the above method try adjusting the LOW END needle half a turn out (counter clockwise) to begin with. This should help the matter.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:34 PM
on pipe

Maybe it needs the main needle pulled out because of dried castor goo... Ross
Old 04-17-2008, 05:28 PM
ggale
My Feedback: (6)

thanks, youve given me some ideas. well, today i pulled out the needle valve and attempted to clean it. i believe it has some castor goo, possibly in the spray bar. now it draws fuel to the carb, but not up the intake. any ideas on the best way to clean this? so far i have just used penetrating oil which has worked before on 2 strokes. thanks for any additional advise.