Community
Search
Notices
Golden Age, Vintage & Antique RC Want to discuss some of those from the golden age, vintage rc planes or even an old classic antique vintage rc planes, radios, engines, etc? This is the place for you. Enjoy!

Top Flite Taurus

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 12:18 PM
ramrod
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile T/F Tarus

Originally Posted by Carson
The Taurus has always been my favorite plane. I probably built 10-12 in the early 60's and
have "scratched" 3 in the last few years. My first was built and flown at Andrews AFB in D.C. in 1962 (Ithink).
A few of us used to gather there on one of the unused runways to fly our models. I think our
unofficial gathering became the club that is now known as NVRC. We used to have some very
esteemed visitors on occasion-even had Walt Good a time or two. Most of our members were
military or Civil Service, I was the only US Navy member if memory serves me. I remember
Joe Solko and Chuck Porter but most of the names escape me but I still recall faces. Often wonder whatever happened to those great guys. Attached is a picture of my current Taurus along with my best friend. While my first Taurus was outfitted with Reeds this one has JR equipment.
Hi Carson - enjoyed all your history & info on the Tarus. I recently acquired a used Tarus in nice shape with an old HP-61 2 cycle. It flies good overall, but requires a whole lot of down elevator to fly inverted.
Have you found this to be normal for the Tarus's you now fly or have flown ? Thanks so much for your help. Happy flying & modeling. Rod in PA.