Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Spectra 2.4 Tx module compatible with 9Z?

Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectra 2.4 Tx module compatible with 9Z?

Well, I already know I am going for the upgrade for my 9C and was just talking with my buddy who has a Futaba 9Z about my recent discovery that it's compatible with Spectra Tx modules. He figures that since a lot of stuff doesn't work with that particular model, he's outta luck unless he steps up to the very expensive Futaba options to upgrade.

So, has it been tested by anyone to know for sure if it works with the 9Z?
Old 06-21-2010, 06:12 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spectra 2.4 Tx module compatible with 9Z?

ORIGINAL: HellcatAce Well, I already know I am going for the upgrade for my 9C and was just talking with my buddy who has a Futaba 9Z about my recent discovery that it's compatible with Spectra Tx modules. He figures that since a lot of stuff doesn't work with that particular model, he's outta luck unless he steps up to the very expensive Futaba options to upgrade. So, has it been tested by anyone to know for sure if it works with the 9Z?
Hitec - last known answer re 9Z - Mikeor Brendan may have since received an update.
"just checked the promo module in a 9Z" Previous thread, user has not indicated module did not work in a 9Z.
Futaba 9Z and Hitec 2.4 module - again no comment on result..

Unfortunately no 9Z is available locally to test and would like to add specifc comment to the following list
"Spectra Pro 2.4Ghz is also compatible with other Module Type Transmitters that use the same Futaba/Hitec module shape/size/pin slots. e.g.:
5UAF, 5UAP, 7UAF,7UAFS, 7UAP,7UAPS, 7UHF,7UHFS, 7UHP,7UHPS
8UAF, 8UAFS, 8UAP, 8UAPS, 8UHF,8UHFS,8UHP, 8UHPS
(8FGA, 8FGH as non-module radios can not be accomodated).
9CA, 9CH, 9CAPS, 9CAFS, 9CHPS, 9CHFS ,
10CH, 10CA (10CAG or 10CHG as non-module radios can not be accomodated). "

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 06-21-2010, 06:48 PM
HellcatAce
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spectra 2.4 Tx module compatible with 9Z?

Thanks Alan, I guess we'll just set up an experiment when I get mine, and will publish the test result here.

Your site is really cool BTW! Nice to have so much info in one place.