Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Anyone Own a Savage X?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 11:28 AM
takenotes Bch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone Own a Savage X?

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: takenotes Bch

[link=http://www.smfstore.com/index.php?cPath=32_128&osCsid=kvl51va2rpc50in2opqt6ciem5]slap ma fro, 0.9, 1.0, 1.1, sets of 3 clutch springs[/link] thats the best i can find.
ok, I finally just looked at the link and found it wasn't what I thought it was...i THOUGHT it was a nice pack of clutch springs with .9, 1.0, and 1.1 and a full set of each...d'oh![:'(]
sorry about that T-bird, i worded that link badly its just a link to a page that has many different sets
Old 04-29-2007, 09:01 AM
Vigilante212

Man I am having some huge problems with my savage lately. Im trying to get it rdy to race. Last weekend steering servo went out so I fixed that(dont know what the problem was). Now my throttle servo wont even respond so I have to yank that out and see whats up with it. I was lucky though a nice guy at the track gave me a spare servo he had which helps alot since I spent too much money fixing my xxx-nt yesterday to even buy a servo to fix my savage doh . Well im off to wrench on the savage.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:10 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

no problem takenotes...I jumped the gun and my brain went into optimism mode rather quickly[&:]
Old 04-29-2007, 12:14 PM
-SAVAGE-

Hey guys!
long time no talk on here,
i have a question for you.
i just recieved my Axial .32 engine for my savage i am planning on using the heat cycle method to break it in.
i have a 1/2 gallon of fuel that had been sitting on my shelf for 3-4 months or so, sealed with the cap on tight.
i was wondering if i could use that or i should get some new stuff.
thanks,
-SAVAGE-
Old 04-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Vigilante212

It should work savage as long as it wasnt sitting in the sun or an overly hot room.

I took my servo apart today something is jamming up the motor if I start the gear on it with something it works fine, but I put it back together and it was all jammed up again. This seems kind of strange since the servo is only a few months old and Ive only put a gallon through my engine with it on. Its only the throttle brake servo too so no big wrenching from crashes that I could think of. I did notice the bearing in it had a little rust on it though so at some point moisture got in. I took off the waterproofing(balloons) since all it did was hold the dust in.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:47 PM
pjs675

I have 2 gallon coleman compressor it works for me. I paint most of my rc bodies with a airbrush i like the parma fastcolor paints and about 35 psi and for bodies check out HPI website.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:54 AM
-SAVAGE-

okay, thanks vigilante.
it was in my garage on my shelf and there was the ocasional heater involved..so i don't know
-SAVAGE-
Old 04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
madmouse

as long as the temps didnt go crazy it will be ok.

i have had fuel for 6 months and still used it with out any probs, as long as the lid is o and its out of the sun ur good to go!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
madmouse

ORIGINAL: Vigilante212

It should work savage as long as it wasnt sitting in the sun or an overly hot room.

I took my servo apart today something is jamming up the motor if I start the gear on it with something it works fine, but I put it back together and it was all jammed up again. This seems kind of strange since the servo is only a few months old and Ive only put a gallon through my engine with it on. Its only the throttle brake servo too so no big wrenching from crashes that I could think of. I did notice the bearing in it had a little rust on it though so at some point moisture got in. I took off the waterproofing(balloons) since all it did was hold the dust in.
is it a jr??? i know of 3 that just locked up for nothing. 2 on scroggs savay and one in my buggy (rip buggy) jr said to send them in and they will send new ones out.
Old 04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
-SAVAGE-

okay thanks madmouse.
all i need now is the cross brace for the tvp in my savage and she's ready to go!
i'm excited, i hope i don't screw up this engine too (fingers crossed!!!) if i stay with the heat cycle meathod i'll be good i think.
I found this totally awesome bashing spot near my house the other day. it's an atv/dirtbike path that leads to a huge bash pit.
i know where i'm goin for my next session!

-SAVAGE-
Old 04-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Vigilante212

Its a spektrum which is pretty much a JR knock off Ill have to contact spektrum about it.
ORIGINAL: madmouse

is it a jr??? i know of 3 that just locked up for nothing. 2 on scroggs savay and one in my buggy (rip buggy) jr said to send them in and they will send new ones out.
Old 04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
jmcn R

ORIGINAL: ashburg

yeah, to my understanding it's built stiffer...I guess when I built it I could have looked, but I just took hpi's word for it

ORIGINAL: jmcn R

Hey guys I have read in a couple places that the Savage X SS has a "redisgned transmission case that is stiffer to deal with more powerful engines" (something to that extent).....is the X SS case different to the X case? I noticed that a couple months ago, but I have not been online much to check for myself and have never seen the SS to compare.

I doubt it is, but I am curious.
Thanks i nadvance
Many thanks ashburg!! I have hardly gotten to come online in the last 2 years almost, but everytime I look up Savage stuff I see your username wherever I go relating to the Savvy....so I definately take your word for it (before HPIs). Oh yeah, would have taken it even better if you looked at the case when you built the SS
Old 04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
ashburg

ha! ty mon, no problem [8D]

ORIGINAL: ashburg

yeah, to my understanding it's built stiffer...I guess when I built it I could have looked, but I just took hpi's word for it

Hey guys I have read in a couple places that the Savage X SS has a "redisgned transmission case that is stiffer to deal with more powerful engines" (something to that extent).....is the X SS case different to the X case? I noticed that a couple months ago, but I have not been online much to check for myself and have never seen the SS to compare.

I doubt it is, but I am curious.
Thanks i nadvance
Many thanks ashburg!! I have hardly gotten to come online in the last 2 years almost, but everytime I look up Savage stuff I see your username wherever I go relating to the Savvy....so I definately take your word for it (before HPIs). Oh yeah, would have taken it even better if you looked at the case when you built the SS
Old 04-30-2007, 08:00 PM
-SAVAGE-

Does anyone know how to do "Home Anodizing"?
i would like to make my tvp's green.
-SAVAGE-
Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 PM
pyrodon

hey guy i just wanted to show you my savage with my new lg cg chassis
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21905.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	675584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs96202.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	675585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sr19087.jpg
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	675586  
Old 04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Vigilante212

Looks like I can send my servo in. I found my reciept good thing I never throw anything away lol.

Its a spektrum which is pretty much a JR knock off Ill have to contact spektrum about it.
ORIGINAL: madmouse

Old 05-01-2007, 01:33 AM
takenotes Bch

[link=http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/aluminum.htm?gclid=CKba2Yyq7IsCFSMehgod6yoGOA]home kit for anodizing[/link] very expensive, heard glory stories and nightmares
[link=http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/anod.html]how anodizing works link[/link]
Old 05-01-2007, 05:02 AM
ashburg

nice ride pyro

ORIGINAL: pyrodon

hey guy i just wanted to show you my savage with my new lg cg chassis
Old 05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
-SAVAGE-

ORIGINAL: takenotes Bch

[link=http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/aluminum.htm?gclid=CKba2Yyq7IsCFSMehgod6yoGOA]home kit for anodizing[/link] very expensive, heard glory stories and nightmares
[link=http://www.docsmachine.com/tech/anod.html]how anodizing works link[/link]
No one in my city does anodizing. P.M.O
it is possible that i might need to powdercoat the [:@]
i'll still keep looking though.
anyone help me out please!
i live in barrie ontario canada but anywhere to toronto ont canada would work too.
thanks
-SAVAGE-
Old 05-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Rimshot1911

Hey guys do any of yall know how the pilot nut goes on the shaft of the engine? I think i have mine on backwards... is the cone shaped end supposed to face the clutchbell or the flywheel?

Here are some pics of my savy.
Pre body and after paint... I havent put the stickers on yet...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38493.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	677130   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99523.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	677131  
Old 05-03-2007, 03:15 PM
ashburg

the cone shape faces out away from the engine (get awaaaaay from the engine LOL...j/k)

nice ride!

ORIGINAL: Rimshot1911

Hey guys do any of yall know how the pilot nut goes on the shaft of the engine? I think i have mine on backwards... is the cone shaped end supposed to face the clutchbell or the flywheel?

Here are some pics of my savy.
Pre body and after paint... I havent put the stickers on yet...
Old 05-03-2007, 03:33 PM
-SAVAGE-

Rimshot.
invest in a savage x conversion.
trust me on this one it will be sooooooooo much easier to take out your diffs,tranny and acess your radio box. even ask some of the guys on here.
i just finished converting my 25 to an x and what an improvement. it's totally AWESOME!
-SAVAGE-
Old 05-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Rimshot1911

Hey were can i get one and about how much do they run?? Thanks for the help, and one more thing does the x conversion keep the aluminum rollbar? My neighbor down the street has the savage x but its not the ss. He is the one that gave me the idea of getting the SS and also the price was only like $350 brand new. And i also liked the idea of it being a kit. Anyways what would the conversion change?

Thanks
Kevin
Old 05-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Friday31661

well if you guys dont know yet, HPI has quit or will quit making the 4.1 savage x. They are now going to be making a Savage X 4.6 for about the same price with a couple of nice changes to the new Savage. Go to HPI's web site and check it out.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:53 PM
-SAVAGE-

when i converted i kept the aluminum roll bar. there's just somthing about nylon plastic that i don't trust.. oh yeah that it breaks easy. the engine protector is a good idea too.
if you go on hpi's website and look up the part numbers on the x like the new diff cases, shock towers, tranny case all that stuff, that's what you need to convert to a x.
that's what i did. keep the alum roll bar too.
-SAVAGE-

ORIGINAL: Rimshot1911

Hey were can i get one and about how much do they run?? Thanks for the help, and one more thing does the x conversion keep the aluminum rollbar? My neighbor down the street has the savage x but its not the ss. He is the one that gave me the idea of getting the SS and also the price was only like $350 brand new. And i also liked the idea of it being a kit. Anyways what would the conversion change?

Thanks
Kevin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.