Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software > Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators
Reload this Page >

Does the RealFlight controller work for AFP/AFP Deluxe? Yes it does!

Community
Search
Notices
Ikarus Aerofly flight simulators Get the answers to your technical questions about Ikarus' Aerofly flight simulators here in their official support forum

Does the RealFlight controller work for AFP/AFP Deluxe? Yes it does!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the RealFlight controller work for AFP/AFP Deluxe? Yes it does!

Probably the most asked question we have.

Yes it will, you can use it as the main or 2nd controller for 2 player. However you must still have your Interface cable plugged in to use it.

If you have "located" a copy of AFP without a controller or Interface, this will not work. You must have the original AFP Interface to make the program work.

However in very rare cases it may not work. Usually this is a USB conflict issue. However this has only been reported 2 times out of hundreds of users who own AFP(D) and the G2/G3 controller.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Sokhar

Default RE: Does the RealFlight controller work for AFP and AFP Deluxe?

ORIGINAL: STLPilot

However you must still have your Interface cable plugged in to use it.

what interface cable I ordered AFPD with commander I also own G2 and was hopinh I oculd install AFPD on my fathers comp and let him use the G2 controler so if you can tell me what cable I need ot buy/order that would be great
Old 12-21-2004, 03:22 PM
STLPilot

You can install AFP on as many computers as you own.

However you must use the supplied Commander or Interface cable for AFPD to use it.

You cannot use 2 computers at the same time. Only 1 but you can do 2 player.

So if you want to use the G2 controller you must have your Commander plugged in to use it.

One AFP Deluxe will allow you to use it on 1 machine at a time.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
Sailor
My Feedback: (1)

You can install AFP on as many computers as you own.

However you must use the supplied Commander or Interface cable for AFPD to use it.
This is great! I can install on my laptop when I travel for business and give me something to do in the evenings in the hotel room!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:32 PM
theKAT
My Feedback: (1)

I haven't tried this yet. Is there a way/need to install the G2 driver software without fully installing G2 (Win XP pro)
Old 02-25-2005, 09:59 AM
ivanpin214
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: Does the RealFlight controller work for AFP/AFP Deluxe? Yes it does!

Hi there:

Is there a way to setup/assign the dual rate switches of the G2 controller? I've opened every setting panel there is, but can't find any options for this. Thanks.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:38 AM
cbreeze
My Feedback: (26)

Default RE: Does the RealFlight controller work for AFP/AFP Deluxe? Yes it does!

Greetings,

I just picked up my program and got my JR transmitter to work. I am using Windows XP, can someone please tell me how to get my Realflight controller to work?

Thanks,

Chuck B.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:46 PM
hooleydog
My Feedback: (24)

I have a gamebird tranny(main) working with Aerofly Pro (cd not a copy was given it, didn't get the interface though) on the game port using the dongle emulator, it works great LOL
Old 03-24-2005, 03:37 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Hey Dion,

I have my RF2 (and tried with G3) xmitter plugged into a powered USB. I have the AFP cable in a second powered USB and then plugged into the back of the RF controller (square plug). Message says it sees the AFP cable but not the xmitter.

the only transmitter I've had luck with is my Hitec. Any clues?

MK
Old 03-24-2005, 04:35 PM
STLPilot

So are you trying to use the Real Flight controller or your controller? Do not attempt to piggy back your controller through the RF G2 controller if that's what your trying to do that won't work.

You also need to get the JR adapter, I can get you one in Toledo, just remind me. Have money ready.
Old 03-31-2005, 11:21 PM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

I ordered and received the AFPD for futaba 9C today. I also want the commander or the G2 input device. Will they also work as long as I go through the interface?

Joe
Old 04-03-2005, 06:24 AM
Raymond_Nok

is there a course for flight controllers?
Old 05-22-2005, 10:40 PM
ahuod
My Feedback: (76)

I bought a used aerofly professional deluxe on rcuniverse.
It came with USB interface cable,but I can not get my G2 controller to completely set up
I get elevator, aileron and retract control,but I can not get throttle or rudder.
Do you have any advice on the proper control settings.
Old 06-24-2005, 01:07 AM
LtColSpit

I went through the "properties" panel for the g2 controller (I renamed the device as "game controller" ) and had to change which channels controlled the proper surfaces. Once I reset the proper channels to the proper surface I calibrated the controller. It works great and I prefer flying AFPD with the G2 controller vice my JR 10X. The only issue I have now is that the dual rate switch doesn't work on my g2 controller. Anybody have any ideas to make it work?
I hope this makes sense and answers your specific question.

Good luck and smooth flying, Spit
Old 06-24-2005, 08:20 AM
ivanpin214
My Feedback: (12)

I couldn't find a way to make the D/R work, using the G2 controller in AeroFly. So for now I have set a LOT of exponential on each surface and have a copy of the planes I fly with much less surface movement and some exponential for non-3D flying.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:40 AM
casipak
My Feedback: (3)

Will this work only as a second controller? I still need the original?
http://www.helihobby.com/html/aerofl...simulator.html

last item down
Old 07-14-2005, 07:09 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm using the g2 controller on afpd also. I can't seem to get the idle up to work correctly. It just stays in idle up 2, basically full throttle with collective control.....
Old 11-19-2005, 06:43 PM
billybob2

I have a real flight USB cord for rf nextar, is there a way to make it work with AFP? how do you set it up? thanks Chris Kimmel
Old 01-15-2006, 09:08 AM
RCFlyer55
My Feedback: (28)

But will the AFPD work on G# should someone FIND a disk?
Old 01-18-2006, 02:20 PM
Rob777

AFPD using G3 controller are the dual rates, flaps, idle up, and throttle hold programmable?
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Rick Delten

ORIGINAL: Rob777

AFPD using G3 controller are the dual rates, flaps, idle up, and throttle hold programmable?
Great question Rob!

So far I have been able to program the G3 controller to operate all the regular control surfaces (rudder, ailerons, elevator). I have also been able to get the gear to go up and down w/the 2position switch on the upper right of G3 controller and control flaps with the rotary knob below that switch.

I have not been able to set-up the 3positon switch properly because it seems that AFPD only recognizes 2 of the 3 positions. I also have not been able to figure out how to set up the other 2positon switch to function as a high/low rate switch.

Anyone else have better luck?
Old 01-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Rob777

Hey Rick,

I got a ? Rick are you the one, that was posting all of the aircraft import stuff on the KnifeEdge forum?

Rob
Old 01-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Rick Delten

I got banned from that forum awhile back, I was on the beta team making new aircraft
Old 01-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Rob777

Thought so, KE is dropping the ball. The below is a post, that I put on the forum.
I should have AFPD Friday.

AFPD has the planes with PPS setups and has the best overall flight performance. I can't wait to start using all of the electrics on the download sections of several websites. Will order it today or tomorrow. I think, that KnifeEdge has some issues to deal with, when it comes to customer service. They act like everything is Top Secret and will not talk to anyone, well it is not. I have been in the Military on a Nuclear Submarine, so this sim is not a matter of National Security. They are falling behind the others on getting stuff out. This way of handling things, can hurt their future sales. They needed a better backup plan for the issues of the original 3d software company. This is not a perfect world and it(not used on KE site) happens. I would rather have an estimated release date, even if it does make the deadline, than no date at all. I will cancel my order on the new release due late next month. It lacks these following planes the Edge and Extra Flatouts anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-18-2006, 07:32 PM
Rob777

Rick,

Yeah, I just hope someone can give me a reply to my? Thanks for the reply on the right side of interlink

Rob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.