Community
Search
Notices
JR Radio & Spektrum Radios Discuss all your JR and Spektrum gear.

JR 12X - mix to prevent nose gear turning when gear goes up

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2023, 05:14 PM
planenutzz

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts
Default JR 12X - mix to prevent nose gear turning when gear goes up

ok as per the title I am hoping somebody can advise on how to do this.
I am still using my JR 12X and need to program some sort of a mix so that when up retracts are selected the nose gear will not respond to rudder control.
thanks
cheers
P
Old 12-28-2023, 06:03 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Just put in a mix or switch function to null the nose wheel steering when the gear switch is activated.
The following users liked this post:
BigBirdFlyer (04-11-2024)
Old 12-29-2023, 03:10 PM
planenutzz

How do you actually do that? I can do basic mixes for say dual flaps or elevators.
Old 12-29-2023, 04:45 PM
planenutzz

Worked it out.
changed the mix master from gear to rudder
Set it up as a switch mix using gear as the switch
P0 = 0% L R
P1 = -100% L R

Also got rid of the aileron mix using AIL to AUX 3 and did it via the MATE function in the wing type.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:32 AM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by planenutzz
Worked it out.
changed the mix master from gear to rudder
Set it up as a switch mix using gear as the switch
P0 = 0% L R
P1 = -100% L R

Also got rid of the aileron mix using AIL to AUX 3 and did it via the MATE function in the wing type.
You'll learn a lot more about these radios by playing with them than reading the manual. My only caution would be to advise you to backup a working configuration of a model before you start changing things. That way it's easy to restore it if you screw it up..... lol
Old 12-31-2023, 03:49 PM
planenutzz

I'm well aware of backing up though on the 12X it's no longer a simple exercise as I need to disable certificates in order to get the driver to work, do the back up then reboot. It's quite involved.
Old 01-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Zeeb

Are you talking about a USB driver? If so, there is a newer version available, just 'gotta go look for it. Some outfit in Germany IIRC......
Old 01-01-2024, 05:08 PM
planenutzz

wasnt aware of that, will have to go googling
thanks
Old 01-01-2024, 05:24 PM
planenutzz

no luck googling.
Old 01-02-2024, 12:33 PM
Zeeb

Ah it's one if those comp/geek things trying to find updated drivers. It's been a LONG time since I messed with this stuff on my. 12X but I think I still have a copy of that driver. It's a Win10 issue having to do with that provided driver is dated '95 and has no official Windows security signature so Win10 rejects it out of hand. It'a driver that converts a serial port on the tx to a USB port.

I'll upload it for you but since this server will not allow uploads of executable files, I'll have to change the file name from "_Setup" to "Zip".
After you download it, change the file name back to it's original "_Setup" and it should work for you I think. No dots, don't forget to put the "_Setup" file name extension getting rid of the the ".zip.zip" extension.

Best to avoid trying this for right now. It's a CellPro based driver and I think takes you to the CellPro website (which no longer exists) to finish installing the update. Let me look some more since this was done about three computers ago but I still have them. If I find just the bare drive I'll try to upload it here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
CDM21228.zip.zip (2.29 MB, 108 views)

Last edited by Zeeb; 01-02-2024 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 01:21 PM
planenutzz

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Ah it's one if those comp/geek things trying to find updated drivers. It's been a LONG time since I messed with this stuff on my. 12X but I think I still have a copy of that driver. It's a Win10 issue having to do with that provided driver is dated '95 and has no official Windows security signature so Win10 rejects it out of hand. It'a driver that converts a serial port on the tx to a USB port.

I'll upload it for you but since this server will not allow uploads of executable files, I'll have to change the file name from "_Setup" to "Zip".
After you download it, change the file name back to it's original "_Setup" and it should work for you I think. No dots, don't forget to put the "_Setup" file name extension getting rid of the the ".zip.zip" extension.

Best to avoid trying this for right now. It's a CellPro based driver and I think takes you to the CellPro website (which no longer exists) to finish installing the update. Let me look some more since this was done about three computers ago but I still have them. If I find just the bare drive I'll try to upload it here.
thanks for that, be nice to not have to go through a lot of rigmarole to do a backup. In fact it will be very nice to do a new backup as I have a few more models added since I did the last one.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:30 PM
Zeeb

thanks for that, be nice to not have to go through a lot of rigmarole to do a backup. In fact it will be very nice to do a new backup as I have a few more models added since I did the last one.
I'm confused now......

When I said "back up" I meant to the tx itself using a blank model slot, not backing up to your computer. You do not need a separate driver to do that.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:12 PM
planenutzz

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I'm confused now......

When I said "back up" I meant to the tx itself using a blank model slot, not backing up to your computer. You do not need a separate driver to do that.
understand that however I do have the JR 12X datasafe system, the problem is that the driver is not longer able to be used due to unsigned certificates.

Old 01-02-2024, 06:56 PM
Zeeb

understand that however I do have the JR 12X datasafe system, the problem is that the driver is not longer able to be used due to unsigned certificates.
Whole different story. I had no intention of trying to help you make your 12X program work with your computer. Bye the way, "DataSafe" is a whole different deal than what the 12X uses. I will keep looking a bit for that file, but I was only trying to help you learn your radio. I spent HOURS looking for that damn driver and I'm not too dedicated to finding it for you as I'm going to put my 12X up for sale.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, thought I was doing a good thing trying to help with one model backup to the tx.......
Old 01-03-2024, 02:11 PM
planenutzz

I never asked you to do anything, you offered to find an updated driver that would allow the datasafe software to work on a win 10 / 11 platform.
"Datasafe" is the JR backup software. Ver1.07 I have said software, the dongle and cable.
Part of the software suite is the comm driver driver that is no longer supported nor does it have a valid certificate as recognised by a WIN 10 or later PC. Hence it is seen as an "unsigned" driver by the OS.
I can do a workaround to disable unsigned driver check off on the PC. That then allows the data safe software to do a back up to the PC or back to the Tx.
I can configure parameters within the model config files and then load that changes file back to the TX.

Take care.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:36 PM
Zeeb

Spent the afternoon messing with an older computer having lots of the 12X/JR files. Got bigger confusion than before as I found about five different USB/driver files all named the same. I'm attempting to isolate them by date starting with the original Win file from 2006 when, IIRC, I originally upgraded from Win7 to Win10 which is where the problems started.

After reading your reply, I believe I'll drop the project.
Old 01-05-2024, 04:54 PM
planenutzz

all good mate, as stated I have a workaround and again I did not ask you take this on, you offered.
You take care now.