Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

New Builder just join the forum!!

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

New Builder just join the forum!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 03:54 PM
OliverJacob
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Builder just join the forum!!

This thread was very entertaining, it died on page 7

And ZOR, here is something for you to analyze:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11354089

see how this individual gets bashed for his statement.

Old 01-04-2013, 07:29 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OliverJacob

Oliver,

Thanks for the link.
Just another example of what I referred to. Some people apparently get a kick (some enjoyment)at bashing someone else even if it is not deserved.

They area virus in our society and while there is remedies for bacterias there is not for virusses.
Eventually it bounces backon the originator who ends up with just a small gang of similarly minded fellows.

They will attack an individual but do not have the guts to attack the big companies who are often behaving the same way in their advertisements and self-indulgence.

Happy New Year Oliver.

Zor

Old 01-05-2013, 04:37 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

ORIGINAL: Zor

ORIGINAL: OliverJacob

Oliver,

Thanks for the link.
Just another example of what I referred to. Some people apparently get a kick (some enjoyment) at bashing someone else even if it is not deserved.

They are a virus in our society and while there is remedies for bacterias there is not for virusses.
Eventually it bounces back on the originator who ends up with just a small gang of similarly minded fellows.

They will attack an individual but do not have the guts to attack the big companies who are often behaving the same way in their advertisements and self-indulgence.

Happy New Year Oliver.

Zor
I think I am missing something here. I can certainly agree with some doing the so-called "bashing" yet all within how one defines bashing. If I post a bunch of falsehoods then haven't I set myself up for what comes down the road?

If we went to our local auto mechanic and he was "all that" by his own judgment then after he worked on our car to replace plugs we realized he did not even know what a plug was, would we not warn him and others about him? How is this bashing?

Forgive me, but I am simply not getting this at all and I in no way mean any ill will. This gentleman opened up this thread showing he was an RC "god" or the likes and quickly was held to his standards by others (granted not by all). Why should he not be called out on it?

When we grew up we were taught not to boast of what we could not do, not to lie, and be accountable for what we said. Forgivenesss is one thing and we can forgive him for his actions, yet we should not be ignorant of what may be going on and not hold him to his words.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Zor
Banned

Luchnia,

Yes ___perhaps you are missing something.

= Luchnia

I think I am missing something here. I can certainly agree with some doing the so-called "bashing" yet all within how one defines bashing. If I post a bunch of falsehoods then haven't I set myself up for what comes down the road?
I define "bashing" as the action of writing derogatory comments about someone's character and personalityor his writings.
Something you apparently are missing is quoting some of the bunch of falsehood you claim he posted and prove that they are falsehood.

If we went to our local auto mechanic and he was "all that" by his own judgment then after he worked on our car to replace plugs we realized he did not even know what a plug was, would we not warn him and others about him? How is this bashing?
If he did replace the plugs he must have known what to look for and where they are located. That is all that is needed. He must also have known what tools to use and how to use those tools.

Forgive me, but I am simply not getting this at all and I in no way mean any ill will. This gentleman opened up this thread showing he was an RC "god" or the likes and quickly was held to his standards by others (granted not by all). Why should he not be called out on it?
You are forgiven if you post corrections to his writings in a polite way.
Many manufacturers claim through their advertising agencies that they are God to the RC hobbyists. They do not have to use the word God in writing to create the impression. Many distributors also claim they are distributing the top best and that we all should buy the products they sell (distribute).

When we grew up we were taught not to boast of what we could not do, not to lie, and be accountable for what we said. Forgivenesss is one thing and we can forgive him for his actions, yet we should not be ignorant of what may be going on and not hold him to his words.
Nothing wrong with "holding him to his words" but no one should make an assumption that he cannot hold to his words until it is proven.

Have you seen or read any one reporting that this person has misled him / her / them ?

What I have seen (read) are many postings doing nothing else than degrading the person.
That is unfortunate since the moment one does it then many feel free to do the same.
It is not reflecting very well on the state of our society.

Zor
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: smithcreek

I just want to get this straight, Zor is going to lead a discussion of proper interweb etiquette? That's a good one! [:'(] And you can kiss this thread, which was a fun and silly thread up until now goodbye, because once Zor attaches hismself to a thread it's all about the Zor until the thread is strangled to death.

By the way, when someone pays this guy to build a plane, assemble an ARF, fix an engine, expecting the work of an "expert with 30 years experience" and he returns a plane built by an novice with only a few simple sport planes under his belt and no idea how to get a thrust washer off a glow engine, then yeah, they've been scammed.
Zor is only trying to bring a bunch of posting participants to their good sense after an errand of nonsense.

I do not mind nor care if you now want to throw it at me. I honetly avoid to post nonsense and degrade others.
Suggest you give the fellow a chance to prove his claims the same way you go and buy any hobby stuff claimed to be the best on their advertising. If you can prove otherwise then go ahead and bash the manufacturer and distributor. Then perhaps your words can be respected.

Zor

Old 01-05-2013, 08:08 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing left to bash with the one and only , " if you haven't heard of by now you will in the magazines and web sites" so Zor is going to bash the rest of us.

Sounds like Zor belongs with the other high and mighty. Hell fire and brimstone !!!

Zor get off your soap box and go away. We don't need your lectures. Do as you told us to do, "ignore the thread" . But have to continue bashing us. Is this one of those DO AS A SAY AND NOT AS I DO ?

The do as you say and move along. No one wants your mightier than thou atitude.

Frank
Old 01-05-2013, 08:49 PM
bicyclemonkey
My Feedback: (7)

Here's the domain info.

Old 01-05-2013, 10:38 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

The do as you say and move along.      No one wants your  mightier than  thou  atitude.  
. (You need to proofread and spellcheck. )

Zor's free to post here, as you are. No one's telling you to leave. 

Does the shoe fit?  [:-] 

No one's posted any evidence of wrongdoing, just boasting. Sorry to ruin the blanket party. 
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: countilaw

Nothing left to bash with the one and only , " if you haven't heard of by now you will in the magazines and web sites" so Zor is going to bash the rest of us.

Sounds like Zor belongs with the other high and mighty. Hell fire and brimstone !!!

Zor get off your soap box and go away. We don't need your lectures. Do as you told us to do, "ignore the thread" . But have to continue bashing us. Is this one of those DO AS A SAY AND NOT AS I DO ?

The do as you say and move along. No one wants your mightier than thou atitude.

Frank
Frank,

I am not bashing you or anyone.
I am simplyconsidering that the OP did not attack any of your characters or personalities in his original posting and I do no see any valid reasons to degrade him.

This has been done in this thread without justification.
I repeat that I have not seen anyone bringing up amy information showing that the OP has scammed them.

AllI see in this thread is a typical attitude that does not represent any assets or good reputation to anyone commenting nasty remarks toward others. I attribute it to a small group and not to the general population of the country. I have a dear attachment for the country where I grew up the first five years of my life right in New York City in Manhattan by Central Park.

My life long interest in aviation was originated watching the autogyos operating in Central Park.

There seems to be a 50 / 50 split in the polulation which is not surprising.

Nuf sed ___just carry on to satisfy yourself; it does not affect anyone.
I think that even the OP is having fun reading posting like yours or he would lock the thread.
I enjoy realizing the level of sociability that a few can create.

Incidentally I did not say to ignore the thread; I said to ignore the OP posting if you disagree with him.
I am not surprised of your misunderstanding.

Zor
Old 01-06-2013, 08:59 AM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

Well i have stayed out of this thread for the most part, I did ask C.C. some questions that he never answered, no biggie to me at all....

I have followed along with all the post, just reading and keeping to myself....

The fact is that he came on here with his very first post making the statements he did, tooting his horn if you will... As in any thread like this, the first few replies sets the tone for the rest.. The bandwagon if you will!
He was called out and with everyone of his own replies, it got worse and worse....

I have to ask the group on this, "who cares"? He hasn't scammed anyone from what I can see... He is trying to make a run at a business and went about it the wrong way, once again, "who cares".
With the status of the economy the way it is, I think most Americans are trying to make a dollar any way they can with in the law and I'm not going to bash someone for that...

Did he make some crazy untrue statements on what he can do and has done, sure.. But "who cares", not me!

Jimbo
(the best builder in the lands, if it looks really good, I must have built it) hehehehehehe
Old 01-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Zor
Banned

He He He He He He !!!

A good time to have a laugh ___
A laugh at how thisthread turned out; not at anyone in paticular.

Zor
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 AM
Luchnia

Zor, I went back and looked at the first page of the thread again and I don't hold the same view as you do. Most posts were relatively mild really and Chris was called out numerous times and even some offered good advice to him. There were a few questionable posts but nothing really way out there. One speculated Chris may be operating a scam which was a reasonable hunch from Chris' posts.

Here is an example of one of Chris' statements: "No Scam I am a very busy builder I get in close to 300 kits a year to build check out my site before you go running your mouth!"

He did state, "..close to 300 kits a year" so consider 275 kits a year and go easy on him. We find that he would have to complete 75% of a kit each day to complete 275 a year. He would have to complete a tad over 5 kits a week to make the goal. He encouraged his site be checked out before folks go "running your mouth", yet with those numbers even us non-builders know better.

More...another quote from Chris:
"First i would Like to Say I am on alot of web sites, and I have seen just about everything you can throw in, But I see alot of you are stuck on yourself,"

Being new to the forum he already has an in depth knowledge of the RC builders here.

Another:
"Third, I am not a bit impressed with people that think they are better than others."
What can be said?

And yet, another quote: "People always jump the gun and speak before they know all the facts."
Indeed! Can we laugh at this yet and not be considered "degrading" an individual?

I think some of these guys have actually been really nice to Chris, because with much of the stuff Chris posted I can imagine what could have been stated! Looking back I realize just how nice everyone was!

Oh, BTW, it would be possible to build 300 kits a year if you had the personel, or you were building the small snap together models. You could put ten to 20 of those together in a day easily enough.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Zor
Banned

Hello Luchnia

A few comments inserted in greenish color to separate them from your text in blue.

ORIGINAL: Luchnia

Zor, I went back and looked at the first page of the thread again and I don't hold the same view as you do. Most posts were relatively mild really and Chris was called out numerous times and even some offered good advice to him. There were a few questionable posts but nothing really way out there. One speculated Chris may be operating a scam which was a reasonable hunch from Chris' posts.

A fellow should not be accused of being a potential scam without some evidence. That is a serious matter.

Here is an example of one of Chris' statements: "No Scam I am a very busy builder I get in close to 300 kits a year to build check out my site before you go running your mouth!"

He did state, "..close to 300 kits a year" so consider 275 kits a year and go easy on him. We find that he would have to complete 75% of a kit each day to complete 275 a year. He would have to complete a tad over 5 kits a week to make the goal. He encouraged his site be checked out before folks go "running your mouth", yet with those numbers even us non-builders know better.

That fellow is apparently well off financially. He may be running a business with some hired employees doing most of the work.

More...another quote from Chris:
"First i would Like to Say I am on alot of web sites, and I have seen just about everything you can throw in, But I see alot of you are stuck on yourself,"

Being new to the forum he already has an in depth knowledge of the RC builders here.

He might be new posting but may have read and followed the forum for a long time just like all the readers that do not participate with postings.

Another:
"Third, I am not a bit impressed with people that think they are better than others."
What can be said?

It can be said that most (all ?) manufacturers and distributors either directly or through their advertising agencies make the same kind of claims. However I do no read anyone responding the similar way.

And yet, another quote: "People always jump the gun and speak before they know all the facts."
Indeed! Can we laugh at this yet and not be considered "degrading" an individual?

I think he was responding to those who were attacking his integrity. He was not referring to all people.
There are people that "jump the gun" and posted nasty comments. It is easy to attribute the laughs as endorsements of these posts.

I think some of these guys have actually been really nice to Chris, because with much of the stuff Chris posted I can imagine what could have been stated! Looking back I realize just how nice everyone was!

Your kind of reverse the preceding text on that line.

Oh, BTW, it would be possible to build 300 kits a year if you had the personel, or you were building the small snap together models. You could put ten to 20 of those together in a day easily enough.

I considered that possibility all along while some fellows obviously thought or liked to consider he was working all alone so they could criticise. That is kind of being shortsighted. He did not mention having help but perhaps he wished to protect any staff he may have and rightly so.
I appreciate your comments but did not appreciate the reflection that the thread represented overall.
The reaction "in general" could apply to all manufacturers claiming they have the best product and the only one we shoud acquire and the distributors and importers that claim they are carrying only the best product.

It seems to me that it is so much easier to degrade one individual than to have the guts to do the same to big businesses that may have the funds to react with the legal system.

It also seems to me that part of a group ganging up against one individual does not reflect very nicely on that group. I think we have to consider that half the nation's people are against the other half and the justice system has to take the final decision; nothing new.

Have a great time enjoying the hobby; there is enough people mainly enjoying bashing others.

I think we have discussed this matter sufficiently and I do not intend to pursue it further.

Zor
Old 01-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What has been written since his last post has been ignored as he hasn't
logged in since 01/01/13 @ 12:03 P.M.

Over on RCG, most have totally ignored him except for one or two and he
hasn't even continued posting, so technically this thread has been dead for
several days now.......................
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...8134944&query=

Nuff Said...................
Old 01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
[email protected]

time to put this to sleep after all i know iam 2nd best lol lol
Old 01-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

time to put this to sleep after all i know iam 2nd best lol lol
As long as he does not post again, you will hold first spot as top builder [8D] Are you paying him to stay off the forum? [X(]

I spent some time on his web site and from what I can tell he is way overselling himself with his words, yet his pictures show another story. As some have stated the spelling, punctuation, and grammar is very bad and when you think about it he is promoting a public business.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:57 PM
[email protected]

nope not paying him just 80 yrs old and having fun i fly 2 times a week got 3 gos planes
Old 01-08-2013, 03:11 PM
Luchnia

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

nope not paying him just 80 yrs old and having fun i fly 2 times a week got 3 gos planes
Awesome! I know some guys in your age group and fly impressively. One is around 84 and he amazes me with his skills for that age.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:35 PM
GaryHarris

I think it's time for another song since this thread has got so serious. No pretty girls this time, just possibly the best guitar player that ever lived.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNuXO60G33w[/youtube]
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
eddieC
My Feedback: (2)

Gary, another great vid. I remember when a bud told me he passed, I could barely control myself. He was in the middle of his comeback, and another musician lost in an aviation accident. Looks like that was Austin City Limits?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:53 AM
builder8319

Just To Let everyone know Since my last reply, I took your advice and got a better PC Company to do my web site. and I must say I now am doing more work, than what I was use to doing, I know I Got off on the wrong foot with a few people saying I was a scam! And If you dot know what you are talking about you need not say anything!

I am not doing more 1/2 and 1/4 scale kit builds for people and I am about to do a tower hobbies FUN P-51D Kit build for a guy In Jacksonville,FL and will post updates on my site as the build comes along. I now have 10 people working for me and do covering, repairs, and engine work. and I back all of my work!

I thank the ones for trying to help me. So if You ever need any help with build questions please let me know. I just got my first sponsor Futaba and am trying to get another on board! I also fly 3D and Giant scale Gas Planes.

Again If I can help please let me know.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:03 AM
builder8319

And just to be clear! I am not saying I am the best or I do the best work., I am just saying I am a builder, and Do good work and I belive in helping others! so if you are going to post nasty post about me or my work without first knowing me or my work. then best not to post! I can say honesty say I know what I do and I have done a lot and I mean a lot of work for RC Flyers and the one that want to post nasty post just makes This form get a bad name!

I also will ask for your help if you think there is something I can do better to suit your needs or help I also have over 100 RC airplane plans, from mid size spot planes to 1/2 scale Yak, Extra, and Waco Biplanes. ect. so here is my web site www.rcairplanebuilders.com see my upcoming AD's in Fly RC Model Airplane news, and AMA magazines.