Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Newbie mistake HELP

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Newbie mistake HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 01:27 PM
PhillyNic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie mistake HELP

I epoxied my in stabiilzer in tilted, it a BIX 3. Any sugestion on how to fix it??
Old 04-27-2015, 02:44 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A hot knife or wire is about the only thing you can easily. If you can take the rib off of a razor saw, you can sometimes saw away the bond. I've done that but it is a lot of work as it is hard to work the saw back and forth with no grip on it. I've also attached an Xacto blade to a soldering iron and with the blade hot it will go through the epoxy but leaves a mess.
Old 04-27-2015, 04:10 AM
Top_Gunn
My Feedback: (6)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

How much is it tilted? On a plane like this, a slight tilt won't affect how it flies enough to notice.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:29 PM
PhillyNic

A friend of mine said he would try weighting the high side down, to see if it will align when the weight is removed
Old 05-01-2015, 04:31 PM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A bit late with my answer but if you just use your covering heat gun you can always heat up the epoxy and just lift the parts off the plane and re-glue them back on. I really shouldn't know that but I have been known to use this little trick a couple of times. Works like a charm and you can wipe off the old epoxy while it's still hot so you have a like new joint.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:43 PM
PhillyNic

thanks worked