Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Bud Nosen Citabria 40 Kit Build

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Bud Nosen Citabria 40 Kit Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 05:37 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Received 272 Likes on 237 Posts

Nothing like a bit of flying to take your mind off your worries.
Old 04-04-2017, 10:06 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear Wendy is doing better! That must have been a scary thing!

I remember that plane clearly. I also remember James' reaction when he got it in the air! LOL And don't worry about the other parts, as soon as you're finished rebuilding and no longer need them, you'll find them. I feel certain of it!

If you do come our way again, I'll have to give you directions to our new flying sight. It's not really too bad, in fact I think it's a bigger runway than at the Fresno Radio Modelers. Only drawback is it is unpaved, packed soil so we run up our engines on something to keep the props from getting sandblasted. Keep me posted!

David
Old 04-04-2017, 12:55 PM
flyingagin

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Windy is home.
Various factors caused her to become dehydrated, and thus blood pressure to drop. She has been taken off certain meds, other actions taken to keep the BP up.
I figure in about 2-3 weeks I will have this fence up an a lighting job done in the garage. Then I can start planning out my work bench.
I have built several framed on 2x4's and even welded up on frame on 3x4 square steel beams, sheeted with 125" MDF. What beast that was. If you dropped a army tank on it the tank might have broke 😂.
All had a proplem with trueness. I intend to resolve that issue, and also make it so it can be moved after mom passes and we sell the place. Tired of making benches Tha just end up getting left.

Ken
Old 04-04-2017, 12:59 PM
FlyerInOKC

Ken, something like this kit might help make it movable.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030T1BRE...a-277859118612
Old 04-04-2017, 01:46 PM
flyingagin

That's pretty cool. But I'm going with 10' length to handle my big vice on the at the end and my bench top tools, drill press, sander, band saw, ECT. And as wide as to the edge of the garage door track. Heavy steel angle stock to clip it to the the wall. Still leaves room for my plane building table.
I have to come up with some kind of tall chair to sit at the bench. Thought about building it lower but then it would be uncomfortable to stand at, which will be in short stretches.

My legs are really sore today. All that walking to the far end of the hospital.
We decided to start walking to the park taking folding lawn chairs so we can rest then push on farther. Get some walking in that we badly need. Just because it hurts to walk more than short distances doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Ken
Old 04-30-2017, 02:02 AM
VincentJ

Received 118 Likes on 107 Posts

David how's the progress going?
Old 04-30-2017, 08:16 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Hey VJ, let me answer your question with a question: What progress? I've been rebuilding/repairing my H9 35% Extra 300 so the Citabria has been "back burnered". Also, as usual, work has started getting in the way again. If I didn't have "life" to deal with, I wouldn't need work and I could really enjoy the things I love to do! But, since life happens... Yup, one day I'll get back to it.

By the way, concerning the Extra 300, if anyone knows where I can find a cowl for it, I would much appreciate it if you could let me know. Since that particular plane is now out of production, parts are very scarce. I understand that the H9 Extra 300X fits, I would just have to repaint. I might end up doing that.

Thanks for asking VJ!
David
Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 PM
flyingagin

Hey David, you going to the fly in at Atwater this year? I intend to be there. Ordering a new battery gory scooter. Robbing my new transmitter piggy bank to get it. So whatever, just take another month to get it.
Went to a car show there last Saturday. Made it about 3/4 way around and my battery dropped like a rock. Our friends we went with had portable power jump starter unit, so I plugged into it for a hour or so and made it back to the truck with power to spare.

Ken
Old 05-03-2017, 06:24 AM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Originally Posted by flyingagin
Hey David, you going to the fly in at Atwater this year? I intend to be there. Ordering a new battery gory scooter. Robbing my new transmitter piggy bank to get it. So whatever, just take another month to get it.
Went to a car show there last Saturday. Made it about 3/4 way around and my battery dropped like a rock. Our friends we went with had portable power jump starter unit, so I plugged into it for a hour or so and made it back to the truck with power to spare.

Ken
You're robbing your new transmitter bank???!!! What's wrong with you man?! Where are your priorities?! Okay, well maybe getting around is a little more important.

Oh yeah, I intend to be there. Hopefully today's and tomorrow's weather isn't a sign of what to expect at Atwater, that tarmac can get really hot! Like always I'm looking forward to it. I plan on staying there a couple days at least, but if it gets too hot... we'll see.

See you there Ken!
David
Old 05-03-2017, 01:49 PM
flyingagin

Bring some eggs, a little salt and pepper, oil we'll cook 'em on the tarmac.
Old 05-04-2017, 05:17 AM
FlyerInOKC

That sounds like the local fields around here is July and August!
Old 07-23-2017, 02:20 AM
VincentJ

David, how about an update! Did you complete the repairs on the Extra?
Old 07-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Wow, life is just so... different now! I'm glad you popped your head in VJ, and thanks for asking. The Extra has been repaired. As a matter of fact it 's been repaired for quite some time. And speaking of time, it is that which I have had very little of. I've either been working (at my job), working around the house or, since I've been putting on a LOT of weight, riding my bike trying to get myself back to doing the miles I've been used to in the past. I have lost close to 10 lbs so far. The bad news... I've got another 25 to 30 lbs to go!

As for the Citabria, it's still been collecting dust right along side my Stinson. Ay caramba! I need to retire, get away from the sedentary job of setting at a computer for 9+ hours a day, the stress that comes with trouble shooting the equipment we build, etc.! Need more flying and building time! Hmmm... I wonder if I can still fly? Eh, it's like falling off a bike! And I can do that really well!
Old 07-30-2017, 01:27 AM
VincentJ

Glad you're still alive David! Work and chores around the house has their way of using up a lot of your time, that's for sure. Glad you got your weight issue under control as it's very easy to keep gaining. Loosing 10 pounds is great, keep it up! Your build(s) will wait patiently until you're ready, and so will we...
Old 07-30-2017, 03:49 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's funny that you gained weight. On the day of my divorce, I lost 125 pounds !
Old 07-30-2017, 08:34 AM
VincentJ

Now that's funny!
Old 07-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Cub Flyer Fresno

Originally Posted by TomCrump
It's funny that you gained weight. On the day of my divorce, I lost 125 pounds !
That's all huh? By your standard I lost closer to 200 pounds! Top that!
Old 07-31-2017, 02:34 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cub flyer fresno
that's all huh? By your standard i lost closer to 200 pounds! Top that!
lol
Old 07-31-2017, 03:28 PM
VincentJ

I'd say you got "more" of your monies worth!!!