Community
Search
Notices
Losi Monster Trucks Discuss all Losi Monster Trucks (i.e. LST) in this forum. Optionally you may discuss this and all other MT's in our general MT forum.

Clutch Question? Pleases help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:25 PM
atthepitts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Question? Pleases help!

I just bought a orion .26 ps. Problem is, clutch bell rides on the inner spur gear. Is there another brand that will fit and is narrower than the stock losi lst flywheel? I can't mount it any further back on the engine mounts. If I put it all together, the first gear is angled. It can't be right. What do i do, where do i go? Horizon has an ofna 3 shoe clutch that looks narrower, will it work? Please help!
Nate Downey LST1641
Old 11-06-2004, 09:31 PM
lstman

Default RE: Clutch Question? Pleases help!

im not sure as though i fully understand your question.. you have the losi clutch on the orion engine? one thing i have done on my mach engine, after having the clutch bell off is forgetting to put all those tiny washers on the engine shaft. the clutch bearings hit these when it is tightened. maybe adding or removing these washers will get the bell where you want it.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:33 PM
jefx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could Dremel out the screw holes for the motor mount a bit so that you can slide the engine back further.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:36 PM
lstman

just for my own curiosity.... why do you have a wasp .26 on a losi?
Old 11-06-2004, 10:10 PM
atthepitts

I took out all the washers and it is still too long. It's like the flywheel is too deep, and when the clutch bell is installed it still pushes the spur gear out.I would like to use a bolt on part, i have enough trouble with it as is. The Mach 26 hasn't ran right since it hit 430. It still runs, but I wanted a pull start. Plenty of other problems too. Broke B3127, trans. output shaft. Burned out original clutch springs, cv driveshafts, left side axles, and a few rebuild kits lost. Not very good luck, more time on the work bench than in the field.
Nate lst 1641