Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > M.A.A.C.
Reload this Page >

Sharpy has been outdone

Notices
M.A.A.C. Discuss Model Aeronautics Association of Canada policies, decisions & any other MAAC related topics here.

Sharpy has been outdone

Old 12-28-2005, 11:07 PM
jhelps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharpy has been outdone

Even Marc did not achieve a "do not return" ban.

http://www.rccanada.ca/bb/viewtopic....8603&start=540

JH
Old 12-29-2005, 08:47 AM
bbbair

Default RE: Sharpy has been outdone

Marc didn't threaten to start sueing people.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 AM
extra300xs

the subject thread should have read the can has activated the flush handle, sort of late after the can is reeking of smell.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:09 AM
Sharpy01
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully they don't start slumming it.

...shhhhhhsh, nobody tell them we're here. [:-]
Old 12-29-2005, 11:10 AM
kenair
My Feedback: (10)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

does this mean the Canadian Aeromodelling Championships will not be a sponsor on the can?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:34 PM
Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: kenair

does this mean the Canadian Aeromodelling Championships will not be a sponsor on the can?
These derogatory references to RCCanada are getting a little annoying.....[:'(]

I know I'm not alone in thinking Jason does an incredible job, and practices great restraint, in filtering the crap that get's thrown at his site.

Enough already.[:@]
Old 12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
jhelps

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

ORIGINAL: kenair

These derogatory references to RCCanada are getting a little annoying.....[:'(]

I know I'm not alone in thinking Jason does an incredible job, and practices great restraint, in filtering the crap that get's thrown at his site.

Enough already.[:@]

Jim

Not certain as to the actual meaning of your post or what you intended it to accomplish. Usually your posts are very clear and I understand them so perhaps it is just me this time. Jason runs an excellent board and has turned it into the premier Canadian R/C site and also a bit of a commercial enterprise. He has chosen to responsibly manage it by limiting posts and people from the site that he disagrees with, however I bet he understands that some of those people who get cut are not going to be pleased and may have an opinion of the site that departs from the majority. Should one of those folks choose to refer the site as the "can" I bet he could care less and by extension perhaps so should you.

All of the above is assuming we agree the post is derogatory. Perhaps your feeling that "can" is derogatory has more to do with the poster than the term as frankly if one were seeking a quick abreviation of RCCanada, "can" seems to me to be a good shorthand.

JH
Old 12-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Ed Smith

Everybody likes to be a member of "Elite" groups.

Marc is now a member of a very exclusive Elite group of two. Marc Sharpe and Chuckles, not quite what he would have chosen I think!

Ed S
Old 12-29-2005, 06:40 PM
ronnieo1

Don't beat around the bush Jeff...you arseholes ( yea all of you) refer to rccanada as the "can", probably meaning toilet, dumper, whatever,pretending to be glad to be friends with everyone on rccanada and Jason, and say it's great..yadda yadda.... yet you crosspost here in your message above and backstab the guy and posters like Jim...get a real backbone ya dorks...Is that clear enuff for you???? Is Sharpie outdone? hardly.........

Ron
Old 12-29-2005, 06:52 PM
Sharpy01

lol.... Ed. You're right, I certainly don't care for that parallel. Man, do I have to sue now?

You know what Ed, I think you and I go waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to the very first crude Canadian RC forum I fired up on a whim years back? Despite being on opposite sides of many issues, I don't think we've ever gotten "ugly" with one another. Here's to more good natured debate in 2006.

Ronnieo.................. your a fine example of less than "good natured" debate.

And I too think "The Can" is nothing more than another acronym. Anything that keeps a site in the minds of users works to the advantage of the site. IMO.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:54 PM
Jason Holdaway

ORIGINAL: ronnieo1

Don't beat around the bush Jeff...you arseholes ( yea all of you) refer to rccanada as the "can", probably meaning toilet, dumper, whatever,pretending to be glad to be friends with Jason, yet you still crosspost here and backstab the guy and posters like Jim...get a real backbone ya dorks...Is that clear enuff for you????

Ron
I see that the local JK (juniour kindergarden.....umm juner kindrgrten...just so you get it) hasn't set up an adult grammer class yet. It seems that some take calling rccanada the "can" personal. Prior to this, I've never thought of it as a negative name. Maybe you guys need a hobby. Maybe try RC cars or something. I think Jason is doing a fine job, and PM'd him my thoughts as well. I really don't think anyone was trying to defamatory calling it the can. If someone was trying to be defamatory, I'm sure chuckles would be trying to sue them by now.

Had a chat with sivle from the "can" today. Nice guy.

just to show that I'm a real person and don't hide behind a username. Anyone can feel free to call me at 519-245-9486
Old 12-29-2005, 07:07 PM
avro101

The problem I have found with RC Canada is the inconsistent policy of the webmaster, first MAAC threads were going to be allowed, then they were closed when a board member would post "Jayson close this thread", then no maac threads were allowed, then maac threads were allowed.

Then some people were banned, let back on, then banned.

you can't have it both ways, introduce banning and censorship and not get flak over ones actions.

good site - poor decision making.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:10 PM
Jason Holdaway

depending on how bad you dissed one man that had nothng on paper to do with what evryone has a boner about. Funny....yes it is.
nothing on paper.......that may be so. There are a lot of people/animals/objects...etc... out there smarter than you. You are just a victim. I can't wait to see your face when you realize it (if you ever do) Just because someone says it's so, doesn't mean it is.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:10 PM
ronnieo1

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

Don't beat around the bush Jeff...you arseholes ( yea all of you) refer to rccanada as the "can", probably meaning toilet, dumper, whatever,pretending to be glad to be friends with Jason, yet you still crosspost here and backstab the guy and posters like Jim...get a real backbone ya dorks...Is that clear enuff for you????

Ron
I see that the local JK (juniour kindergarden.....umm juner kindrgrten...just so you get it) hasn't set up an adult grammer class yet. It seems that some take calling rccanada the "can" personal. Prior to this, I've never thought of it as a negative name. Maybe you guys need a hobby. Maybe try RC cars or something. I think Jason is doing a fine job, and PM'd him my thoughts as well. I really don't think anyone was trying to defamatory calling it the can. If someone was trying to be defamatory, I'm sure chuckles would be trying to sue them by now.

Had a chat with sivle from the "can" today. Nice guy.

just to show that I'm a real person and don't hide behind a username. Anyone can feel free to call me at 519-245-9486
Who are you kidding? Don't understand the word" can"...now I know yer full of S##t...LOL...yer old man knows that one.............hehehehehe
Old 12-29-2005, 07:12 PM
ronnieo1

ORIGINAL: Jason Holdaway

depending on how bad you dissed one man that had nothng on paper to do with what evryone has a boner about. Funny....yes it is.
nothing on paper.......that may be so. There are a lot of people/animals/objects...etc... out there smarter than you. You are just a victim. I can't wait to see your face when you realize it (if you ever do) Just because someone says it's so, doesn't mean it is.
Not the paper you received...........
Old 12-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Jason Holdaway

wow ronnieo....you're seriously f'd in the head. Do you have a disability of some sort? (mental) Do you even know what you post? wow....[sm=stupid.gif] ....wow [sm=stupid.gif] hehehehehehe........are you CHUCKling too?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Jason Holdaway

Who are you kidding? Don't understand the word" can"...now I know yer full of S##t...LOL...yer old man knows that one.............hehehehehe
...wow..[sm=stupid.gif] I'm sure you, let alone my "old man" knows no such thing, let alone what you're talking about. wow......[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Britbrat, he's calling you old.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:00 PM
ronnieo1

delete
Old 12-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Jason Holdaway

delete
The smartest thing you've posted to date. Nice work getting the spell checker to work.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:14 PM
jhelps

Sigh

Ron I actual expect more from you. I have had PM's with Jason on a few occasions and find him a very responsible individual, and enjoy his site immensely. There are different sites across the web for varying interests and levels of character. RCCanada, this forum and the Canadian RC forum are all three different levels and have a variety of characters post, some high level some lower and some down with you. RCCanada is mostly for polite discussion (althought it can get rough), I think of this site as being a bit more gritty and political in nature .. if you can't stand the discussion, don't stop by.

The fact that you keep posting and then deleting, simply indicates you cannot take the time to put together a non-emotional tirade ... sad really because when you do post without the vitrol much if it is well reasoned.

Cross posting, or cross-pollenation? I guess it depends on the view of the reader.
One thing is clear I am the same on both forums .. reasonably civil althought I do have my moments when it is a near and dear issue. You on the other hand are two different folks when you post here or when you post there - go figure.

Perhaps you could point me to a "backstab" of Jim or Jason (I assume that's who you meant in your post). I would be interested to see what Jim thinks of my reply as I certainly did not mean to be disrespectful .. if he takes it that way I will apologize.

cheers

Jeff

PS Jason this reply is not meant for your post, I had not yet figured out how to reply to an individual post without quoting - learn something new everyday.

Old 12-30-2005, 08:56 AM
ronnieo1

Jeff, when you call it the "can" here and not on Jason's site for him to read, I find it derogatory and backstabbing, especially when you post that you amicably pm him often. If it sounds like I am on a lower level than the rest here as you state, so be it, the feelings are mutual. I've been told not to argue with these lower status people here and maybe I should take their advice and remain on rccanada, yet sorry Jeff and Patch..........it was Kenair's usual "can" rambles Jim was referring to...........and I am not in any way supporting "chuckling"....I only hear the same thing you all hear...and I'm looking for a resolution like the rest of you so we can get on with all the upcoming events in 2006 and put all this hors*it behind us. Cheers.

ps... to post without quoting.... don't hit that little button above that says "quote"... []
Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 AM
acenomore

The "can" is a delightful name. It can go both ways. One issue I have with the can was that certain posters were not taken to task immediately for these types of posts, a bit lacking on the administrator's part but otherwise there is some usefulness on the site.
cheers.
quote:

Wayne Bransfield

MAAC President Wayne Bransfield has resign as the president of MAAC.

I'm so happy....

I got to go change my pants ......

Last edited by Jabba on Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
pictures http://imageevent.com/jabbathehutt
Old 12-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Sharpy01

I've been told not to argue with these lower status people here and maybe I should take their advice and remain on rccanada,
LOL... You were "told", were you? Who would have told you that ?
"Lower status people here" ? That is very un-Canadian, Ron. Be nice, this isn't a liberal blog you know.

Regardless of the inconsistent rule regarding MAAC politics on RCC, the "lower status people" here have decided to respect that rule and keep the political stuff here. Us "lower status" types have not been starting the political threads on RCC. The odd thread of politics that occasionally takes over RCC begins there. Most regular posters here partake in both forums and the vast majority, besides yourself and a few a the centre of the lastest RCC controversy, keep their posts well thought out and on topic.

You really have no moral authority to be riding the horse you are on.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:11 AM
ronnieo1

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

I've been told not to argue with these lower status people here and maybe I should take their advice and remain on rccanada,
LOL... You were "told", were you? Who would have told you that ?
"Lower status people here" ? That is very un-Canadian, Ron. Be nice, this isn't a liberal blog you know.

Regardless of the inconsistent rule regarding MAAC politics on RCC, the "lower status people" here have decided to respect that rule and keep the political stuff here. Us "lower status" types have not been starting the political threads on RCC. The odd thread of politics that occasionally takes over RCC begins there. Most regular posters here partake in both forums and the vast majority, besides yourself and a few a the centre of the lastest RCC controversy, keep their posts well thought out and on topic.

You really have no moral authority to be riding the horse you are on.
I got every right to ride any horse I wish ( only a response to Jeff's above post where he considered him at the top of the heap)...as for being un-Canadian, speak for yourself...your here on an American moderated site now that your Manitoba ( still in Canada I believe) forum has closed for good finally....[:'(]
Old 12-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Sharpy01

lol... yeah, stay on your horse lone ranger.............. at least till you find your sidekicks again.

"American Moderated" ...... chuckle....... Ron, apparently you have failed to notice that we are pretty much self-moderate here. Not one post has ever been "moderated" by anyone, except the author.

If there was an active censor, It's quite obvious that your poorly thought out responses would be a prime target.

I wonder if it is at all possible for you to actually have a non-confrontational debate about any topic without attempting to run the opponent down with your horse? What do you call your horse? If it's unnamed, May I suggest "Bluffer".

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bluffer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.