Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

NITRO FOKKER DR1

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 06:59 PM
john cirri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NITRO FOKKER DR1

how sure are you, that it says top wing.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:53 PM
antiquefer

Stan. I put a 4 oz heavy hub on the prop shaft and another 2 oz of led screwed to one of the engine mount rails. The engine is a saito 91, so if your engine is smaller (lighter) you will have to add more. Mabe other piolets will like it more tailheavy. Mine setup like it is lands very easy, which is what I want with this plane. The ballance point has got to be from the top wing.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:12 PM
bild

ORIGINAL: john cirri

how sure are you, that it says top wing.
I just googled a chinese character translation site and that's what came up. I'm pretty confident that the translation is correct
Old 06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
bild

ORIGINAL: antiquefer

Stan. I put a 4 oz heavy hub on the prop shaft and another 2 oz of led screwed to one of the engine mount rails. The engine is a saito 91, so if your engine is smaller (lighter) you will have to add more. Mabe other piolets will like it more tailheavy. Mine setup like it is lands very easy, which is what I want with this plane. The ballance point has got to be from the top wing.
Thanks for the info. If I may ask, where did you put your battery?, and do you balance the plane inverted or upright? Thanks again, Stan
Old 06-03-2008, 08:37 PM
john cirri

OK thanks for that, Yes you balance it upright, 58mm back from the LE, I'm just about done with mine, I moved all the servos up front also, Their's slot holes on each side of the throttle servo spot when you look in, and i used those holes to mount the servo's with a 1/8" plywood strip on top so the sevo can be screwed down on, And also after i was done with the stab/wing aliginment, I used a thin coat of epoxy and glued the tail, I used the screws to hold it down tight while the glue dried, I just didn't want to trust those screws, Super tiger 75 for power with a Jtec pitts muffler.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 PM
antiquefer

Stan. Sorry for the slow reply. I put a 2000 mah 6v pack under the tank platform against tje firewall or, subfirewall. I flew it again today with the 3/32 shim under the front of the horrizontal atab. Was able to take out more of the down trim, but not as much as I had hoped. Has anyone else flown this plane yet?
Old 06-08-2008, 03:12 PM
john cirri

I just started puting the top wing, And your right about the struts, The two front one's are too long, I had to drill new holes in the struts to get the wing level, If i used them the way they are, You can see the positive angle on the wing WAY TOO MUCH, And it still not right when you stand behind the plane the left wing is about 1/2"-3/4" back totaly out of square, Seem's like alot of BS i'm about to find about this wing installation, How was your's. jc[&o]
Old 06-08-2008, 08:04 PM
antiquefer

John the wings on mine are out of square also but I chose to ignore that and concentrate on getting the incidences correct. I think I will make new front struts-shorter. Would have been easier to make the rear strut mounts(wood incerts) longer befor I glued them in. The horrizontal stab is not in line with the wings either (paralell). As the stab is screwed on this will be an easy fix so I will do that later. I still think this is a good value for the buck kit. I just need to pay more attention to allignments befor I glue.........................................antiq uefer.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:40 PM
john cirri

Thanks, I'm slowly getting it, Also the the very bottom of the outer wing struts(top wing) are stopping it from bringing the left wing forward, So i had to trim, They were'nt cut to match the profile of the wing, That gave me some wiggle room, I'll have it in the air next weekend for sure. jc
Old 06-09-2008, 05:06 PM
antiquefer

Good luck. Dont try to steer it to much on takeoff. Point it into the wind and roll on the power. If you have grass it is much easier to make a scale looking takeoff...........antiquefer
Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
john cirri

I finally have it done, It took most of the night, Now that it's done the balance is still a little tail heavy, I have the brass HiggleyHub, With the Brass lock nut, Battery on the tank behind the firewall, Could use at least 8oz more, But all in all seem's like it will fly good
Old 06-11-2008, 03:24 PM
antiquefer

The generous wing area wil allow for extra weight of ballancing. I screwed a flat piece of led( about 6 oz) to one of the engine mount rails, along with the 4oz heavy hub. Do you have an incadence meeter? I would like to know what you have the top wing set at compared to the two others and the horrizontal stab....................................antiquefer .
Old 06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
john cirri

I squared the stab with the bottom wing, That's perfect, And I don't have an incedence meter, Had the Robart one, But the Needle in the meter started sticking, It's all by eye, I taped 2 piece's of music wire on the lower and mid wing leading edge in line with the outer strut's, And used them as guide's to line the top wing, So all the leading edge's line up, Then i uesd a Bubble indicator to level the plane on the stand, Once the plane is level, I have a Craftsman diel type incline meter that's pretty accurate and set that on the top wing and got -1 degree down pitch, I even use my GPdr for a little refferance,I'll take some pic's and post em', By the way I don't even know your first name. Thank's johnc
Old 06-11-2008, 10:03 PM
john cirri

Here's some pic's of the wing's
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64144.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	968969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53880.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	968970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57732.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	968971  
Old 06-12-2008, 12:26 AM
antiquefer

Your wings look about right. I will shoot for 0 or -1 degreese. I had one of the robart guages also and it did the same thing. Now I have a digital by H9. Very easy to use. Tell me how it flys..........My name is Boots, but i just use my email address name..............................antiquefer.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:44 PM
davidgenerush

I received this plane as a gift from my students. I started putting it together and noted that if the inner plane strut supports are attached to the top and bottom wings, that the inner plane struts won't attach to the middle wing strut support. The midwing support slot is off by about 3/4 of an inch. I am wondering if the builder cut the slot in the wrong place. There seems to be a box in the wing at those support spots. When we line everything up with the wings, the struts line up perfect with each other and sit correctly on the wing. I was wondering if moving the slot back will be a good decision. Seems like others changed the struts and had wing incidence problems. I just wonder if that is why the wing incidence was off???? Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:58 PM
john cirri

Hi, The pic's above are mine, On The front 2 metal strut's, If you use those holes the LE of the wing sticks up way to high, I had to redrill holes right about where the bend in the strut is, And with the meter i have show's -1 deg down pitch as you can see there all flat from the side view, But make sure the mid wing is completely square with the bottom wing or the top wing will not line up, I found that out, The outer wood struts for the top wing i had to redrill the top holes no big deal, But Not much quality control at this model plant, As far as i'm concerned you have to be in this hobby for a while to get this plane right, I've been flying for 40 years i'm 48, Let me know if your still haveing prob's. johnc
Old 06-16-2008, 06:19 PM
davidgenerush

Thanks for the thoughts - once I get the water out of my work shop I will probably have some questions for you. I have only been in the hobby for 8 years so I appreciate the help.
Dave
Old 06-16-2008, 08:31 PM
swatman260

Ok, let me get this straight... We're having to re-bend / re-drill the two front struts to get the top wing on properly? I've been working on my new Fokker all evening and can't get them close any other way. I keep thinking that I'm doing something wrong. The long struts are the front ones, correct??? Has anyone been able to get this thing together without re-drilling the holes? I don't want to make changes if I am the one making a mistake.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 AM
swatman260

John Cirri... Where did you get the gun for your DR1? It looks to be sized pretty right.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:18 AM
john cirri

Tower hobbies 1/6th is all they had, and the pilot, The gun's are kits you have to assemble took about 1hour to make both.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:22 PM
john cirri

First i put the wood struts on the bottom/mid wing, Then the top wood struts screwed only on the mid wing leave the top screws out, Set the top wing on the struts, Mount the rear metal struts, At this point things we're good, I sliped the front metal struts in, And found the top wing LE sticking way up(NO GOOD), So just by eye pretty much figure where the hole should be(ON THE FUSE END), Drill a new hole,Mine was right below the bend, Then put all the screws in snug and do a check on the squareness of it all, Thats when i needed to redrill the top wood strut holes(top wing end)Here's a couple of pic's.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68365.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	972432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40235.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	972433  
Old 06-17-2008, 07:58 PM
antiquefer

That looks exactly like what I just did to mine except I didnt do anything to the top wood strut holes. That got me to 1 degree posative on the top wing compared to the other two. Much better than the 4 degrees I started with. Will fly this way tomorrow If weather is good, and go from there...............................antiquefer.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:28 PM
antiquefer

Flew it today. Flies great. Almost all the down trim out now. Mabe will adjust top wing some more later. Just going to fly it the way it is for now. Flies great.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:43 PM
john cirri

Great!, That's what i like to here, My maiden should be this Saturday, When you hold your's at the balance point, How much does the nose come down, Just wondering, Mine is slitely nose heavey, But i figure once i get some fuel in it, It will be better, I put a 14oz Dubro tank in it, Should last a .75 long enough.

"Blue Sky's"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.