Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 PM
nitrostaff1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

Continue from old thread.

John
Nitro Planes
Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM
opjose

Default RE: DAMAGE SHIPPING/MISSING PARTS ISSUES____Post here

To speed things up please do the following.

- Always provide your order number ( usually begins with YSTxxx ).
- Provide a link to the web page showing which product you purchased.
- Include a description of the missing or problematic item.
- If possible pictures help.

Caveats:

- Do not attempt to fly your plane / heli without static testing it FIRST. Even RTF's.
- EDF's should be tested through several charge/discharge cycles before flying.
- NiCD battery packs may need to be discharged and recharged several times before flying your craft.
- Even RTF's need to have their trims and linkages adjusted.
- Adjustments should be done by someone experienced with RC.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:58 PM
kygah

ORDER Number:yhst-17210252890263-87763

I received this order today and have some serious issues with the airplane.
#1 – Servo will not fit inwing. Hole is not cut out properly to receive the servo that was sent. Also, correct screws not sent to secure servo.
#2 – Servo opening in wing, the plywood support is broken.
#3 – Right aileron is detached from wing. Hinges are not glued in place, and control is very sloppy.
#4 – Left aileron is VERY stiff, and has limited control movement. This may be normal and acceptable. It is securely attached to wing.
#5 – Vertical stabilizer is out of alignment with the aircraft.Tilts to one side, and is not square with aircraft.
#6 – Rudder is not in alignment with the vertical stabilizer. I thought the vert stab might be tiltedto counteract torque of engine (similar to down and out of engine), but the rudder is out of alignment nonetheless.
#7 – There is no way to secure the receiver and ESC. I can take care of this, but the instructions show it being included.
I would like to return the entire airplane. I am very disappointed with the entire aircraft.

Ican post pictures if necessary. Please advise.
Respectfully,

Gregg
Old 07-24-2009, 04:27 PM
opjose

#1 - Enlarge the hole with a hobby knife
#2 - While it should not be this way, you can CA it to fix.
#3 - Affix with glue or tape. The included clevises do have a degree of slop, but this will not affect flight.
#4 - Bend back and forth a bit after disconnecting clevis to free it up a bit.
#5 - While this is not the way it should be, you can bend it back lightly... I sometimes use a heat gun on low settings for this.
#6 - Same as #5
#7 - That's pretty standard, use whatever means you want, tape, velcro, etc.

Hopefully John will contact you about a return.

None of the above is a big problem however.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:10 PM
kygah

No disrespect, but shouldn't an ARF be ARF? Idon't consider these to be things that Ishould have to fix. If Iwanted to purchase an airplane that Ihad to fix all of these items, I would have purchased a kit.

What would happen if Iwere to break a part, or be unable to fix it? What if Ithought I fixed it, but it failed and the aircraft crashed? Ithink it would be pointless to return at that point.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 PM
theradioflyer

Kygah,

Those issues are normal for most of the ARF's I've ever bought. The only ones I've never had to tweak a little in the build are 3Dhobby Shop planes.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
kygah

So...Are you saying this is normal? I mean, I'm not expecting the moon, Iknow how much I spent. In the world of RC planes, Ididn't spend much at all. Less than some good servos themselves used to cost.

I'm out of CA right now, besides, wouldn't CA eat through the foam?

Would Ibe better off to use some epoxy?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:15 PM
kygah

Ithink I'm gonna give it a shot. I didn't mean to offend anyone. In fact, Iposted a question earlier in the week, and was greatly very warmly. I think Ijust got my hopes up like the kids that didn't get the BB gun on Christmas morning....
Old 07-24-2009, 07:35 PM
theradioflyer

Kygah,
I don't think anything you said was offensive and you do expect certain amount of quality. It is normal though to find all of the things you mentioned in any ARF. What's not to be expected is damage of cowls, broken wood, or even a box that shows up at your door that looks as if it's been stepped on by an elephant, (not that it would be Nitroplanes fault for that ).

Use foam safe CA's on any foam and if you can check the glue on a scrap piece or where it is not seen or structural. If you use an accelerant be sure to check that it doesn't eat the foam as well. Just a little will tear through foam.

Blessings,

Jay
Old 07-25-2009, 10:22 AM
kygah

Well, crash and burn, so to speak. Taxing around, throttled up, tracking straight, nosed over, broke the entire front end off. I'm gluing it back on now. Ithink I need an entire new wing. The hinges, and control arms are simply not holding. I've reglued the hinges on one aileron, and the control arm on the other aileron broke through as Iwas working the ailerons. I've got everything glued back up and drying. We'll see what happens this time...

Any recommendations on another RTF or ARFkit that Ican put these electronics into? Even a glider or trainer...Idon't want this to be a total loss. Right now, that's what it's looking like.

Thanks!

G
Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 AM
kygah

OK, everything glued up and dried. Battery charged. Double check all surfaces, almost same amout of throw on all surfaces. Taxi around, everything OK. Throttle up, going down the road, landing gear folds under the plane. Completly tore out from under it. Never lifted off or even bounced. I'm not on grass, I'm on pavement. I'm afraid to hand launch, since it doesn't seem like it even has the power to fly anyway.

Is this much trouble common on these foam planes? Isaw a review on a different corsair, and the thing actually flew. Come to find out, Iordered the wrong plane, my fault. Ijust thought Iwas getting a different color, but it appears Igot a completly different plane.

Iwould like a response from Nitroplane on this.

Did I get a lemon?

Am Ithe only one that has complained about this model? If so, I'll put on my big boy pants, and realize the fact Ithrew away $100.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:58 PM
trashslammer

I have the 51.5" wingspan P-38 Lightning. This model comes with two covers, looking like "superchargers" for the engines, attaching where the wing attaches to the two main fuselage pieces. These two pieces need to be shaped to fit, as the wing becomes assembled to the airplane. They are the covers that cover the elevator servos, and the screws that hold down the wing. Well I butchered my two covers. Can I buy two more please? My email is : [email protected]

Thank you;

Brian
Old 07-27-2009, 10:49 PM
emtffkev

I just recently received my new F-4E Phantom and everything is looking good aside from two items that apparently missed QC. The lesser of the two would be the coupling that attaches the nose gear to the post coming from the bottom of the plane, both screw holes are stripped. I can probably fix this pretty easily so I'm not too worried about that. The big issue is the small servo that controls the nose gear seems to be DOA. I've ruled out the receiver by attaching another servo to the same channel and it works fine. I took the servo out and tried testing it thinking it may have gotten hung up and it won't work by itself either.

Would it be possible to get a replacement servo for the nose gear, I have some spare servo's at the house, but all of them are much too big to fit in the tiny nose of this plane.

My order number is:
yhst-17210252890263-87439
Old 07-29-2009, 07:17 PM
nitrostaff1

ok RMA issued you can send it back for refund.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: kygah

ORDER Number: yhst-17210252890263-87763

I received this order today and have some serious issues with the airplane.
#1 – Servo will not fit in wing. Hole is not cut out properly to receive the servo that was sent. Also, correct screws not sent to secure servo.
#2 – Servo opening in wing, the plywood support is broken.
#3 – Right aileron is detached from wing. Hinges are not glued in place, and control is very sloppy.
#4 – Left aileron is VERY stiff, and has limited control movement. This may be normal and acceptable. It is securely attached to wing.
#5 – Vertical stabilizer is out of alignment with the aircraft.Tilts to one side, and is not square with aircraft.
#6 – Rudder is not in alignment with the vertical stabilizer. I thought the vert stab might be tilted to counteract torque of engine (similar to down and out of engine), but the rudder is out of alignment nonetheless.
#7 – There is no way to secure the receiver and ESC. I can take care of this, but the instructions show it being included.
I would like to return the entire airplane. I am very disappointed with the entire aircraft.

I can post pictures if necessary. Please advise.
Respectfully,

Gregg
Old 07-29-2009, 07:19 PM
nitrostaff1

Don't worry about it just give it a shot.

John
Nitro Planes

I think I'm gonna give it a shot. I didn't mean to offend anyone. In fact, I posted a question earlier in the week, and was greatly very warmly. I think I just got my hopes up like the kids that didn't get the BB gun on Christmas morning....
Old 07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
nitrostaff1

Please see here: http://www.nitroplanes.com/plinigasrare.html

the 2 piece you need is in black color right? one of each side of the fuselarge.

Let me know
John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: trashslammer

I have the 51.5'' wingspan P-38 Lightning. This model comes with two covers, looking like ''superchargers'' for the engines, attaching where the wing attaches to the two main fuselage pieces. These two pieces need to be shaped to fit, as the wing becomes assembled to the airplane. They are the covers that cover the elevator servos, and the screws that hold down the wing. Well I butchered my two covers. Can I buy two more please? My email is : [email protected]

Thank you;

Brian
Old 07-29-2009, 07:24 PM
nitrostaff1

I've send you a servo and replacement landing gear set.

John
Nitro Planes

ORIGINAL: emtffkev

I just recently received my new F-4E Phantom and everything is looking good aside from two items that apparently missed QC. The lesser of the two would be the coupling that attaches the nose gear to the post coming from the bottom of the plane, both screw holes are stripped. I can probably fix this pretty easily so I'm not too worried about that. The big issue is the small servo that controls the nose gear seems to be DOA. I've ruled out the receiver by attaching another servo to the same channel and it works fine. I took the servo out and tried testing it thinking it may have gotten hung up and it won't work by itself either.

Would it be possible to get a replacement servo for the nose gear, I have some spare servo's at the house, but all of them are much too big to fit in the tiny nose of this plane.

My order number is:
yhst-17210252890263-87439
Old 07-29-2009, 07:38 PM
kygah

Thank you very much, John.

Is this a different plane altogether?

http://www.nitroplanes.com/4chwaf4ucort.html

Should Iexpect this one to be better or same?

Thank you again,

Gregg
Old 07-29-2009, 07:39 PM
nitrostaff1

I would say this one is better than the guan li one. If you want I can exchange to this one for you.

John
Nitro Planes

Thank you very much, John.

Is this a different plane altogether?

http://www.nitroplanes.com/4chwaf4ucort.html

Should I expect this one to be better or same?

Thank you again,

Gregg
Old 07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
kygah

That sounds good to me. Thank you for taking care of this. I'll get this one boxed up and on the way back to you tomorrow.

Respectfully,

Gregg
Old 07-30-2009, 07:51 AM
kygah

John,
If it's all the same to you, I'm going to just go ahead and place another order, and let you refund me rather than waiting for the extra shipping/processing time.
Thanks!
Gregg
Old 07-31-2009, 03:42 PM
klew0222

ORIGINAL: nitrostaff1

Continue from old thread.

John
Nitro Planes
I received my Thunder AC6 charger from Nitroplanes today and found that the unit will not power up with the AC cord. It will however power up from a 12 volt source. Is there anything I can try to correct this problem short of returning the unit?

klew0222
Old 07-31-2009, 04:34 PM
opjose

I don't have that charger, but by any chance is there a fuse for the AC line?

If so have you checked it?

Old 07-31-2009, 08:03 PM
klew0222

Nothing visable and I hesitate in going into the case without knowing for sure. Doing so may preclude returning it to Nitroplanes as a last resort.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:09 AM
tremorsfsu

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post. I just want to alert anyone that buys a F4 70mm from C&GHobby to check the back stabilizer piece. It is a separate piece from the fuselage and I would hate for you to crash your brand new beautiful jet because of it separating in the air.

I am still awaiting to hear if I can get any kind of credit on another model because of this. I've epoxied the pieces of the plane back together but it just doesn't fly right or the same way it did when it was right out of the box. Also, the left aileron servo doesn't move smoothly like it did...it is very jerky and hits several "ticking" points when turning instead of moving along smoothly.

This is my original email that I sent in support and am still awaiting an answer from Norman:

"I ordered the 70mm EDF F-4 Phantom on 6.30.09 and received it on 7.6.09. I've flown it just a few times and love the way it handles and flies but I ran into a problem with my last flight today. On the last vertical attempt the back stabilizer that holds the rudder and stabilizer ripped off the plane in mid-flight. The rest of the plane came crashing to the ground and broke into quite a few pieces. I noticed that there wasn’t a lot of glue holding the back stabilizer piece to the fuselage of the airplane. I wanted to let you know what happened to me and hopefully this won’t happen to other people that purchase the plane. Please let me know what my options are as the crash was not due to my flying but the factory not putting enough glue on it.

Best Regards,
Anthony"

I received a response:

"Dear Customer,

Sorry, warranty voids after there is a crash.

This email is regarding NitroPlane order number yhst-17210252890263-85465.

Best Regards,
NitroPlane"

I understand that and I did check it before flying and all appeared to be fine on the ground. Then this is my last response which I am waiting to hear back on:

"Good morning. I understand that after a crash the warranty gets void. I
just know that I've flown many airplanes and have never had this happen to
any of them. I just wish I would have checked that part of the plane on the
ground instead of that causing a crash. So really there is nothing that you
can do because of manufacturers defect - maybe even a discount if I purchase
the same plane as a kit and transfer the existing electronics to it?

It is good for you to know for future customers too...maybe mention that
they should ensure that the back stabilizer piece is glued on securely or
they should consider removing it and re-gluing.

Also, can you get spare parts for this plane? If not will they be available
in the future?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,
Anthony
"

My last communication was this:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us. Please contact us at anytime.

Regards,
NitroModels Inc. "Where high quality models are made affordable"

I've tried calling in several times and they keep telling me I need to talk to Norman or the floor manager who is never available. I just feel this wasn't completely my fault because I did check over the plane before my flights and hope to get some type of discount or compensation on a new plane.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.