Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

what are you scared of?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:32 AM
lez1troubles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what are you scared of?

Foxy, not afraid of bloodhounds???
Old 05-11-2011, 01:36 AM
BradSD
My Feedback: (9)

Being paralyzed, getting divorced, burning alive, plane crashes, drowning, being trapped inside something where I cant move like what happens in a earthquake. Speaking in a crowd, and my biggest fear is being alone.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:14 AM
The Hedgehog

Old 05-11-2011, 05:19 AM
pete236
My Feedback: (2)

Driving towards an SUV being driven by a young female yappin' on a cell phone.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:36 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: BradSD

Being paralyzed, getting divorced, burning alive, plane crashes, drowning, being trapped inside something where I cant move like what happens in a earthquake. Speaking in a crowd, and my biggest fear is being alone.
i actually like being alone, although i wouldnt want to be stranded on a island for months, but i really dont like most people.
Old 05-11-2011, 06:22 AM
FahrtAutoRC

I wouldnt mind, as long as I had my RC hehe
ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: BradSD

i actually like being alone, although i wouldnt want to be stranded on a island for months, but i really dont like most people.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:03 AM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: MinnFlyer

Let's keep it on topic shall we?

Or you will see just how ''overbearing'' a moderator can be
Mike, perhaps it would be helpful if it were more generally noted in these fora that RCU is privately held and that "Freedom of Speech" as is generally understood (or misunderstood) to be guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution does not apply.

Common sense (a sadly uncommon virtue should also tell subscribers that the moderators are human beings and that their calls are of necessity subjective and will on occasion be inconsistent. Anyone who can't accept that will also have problems with the officials at any football game.

Perhaps there could be a "Definition Clause" at the beginning of threads. This thread for example is titled "what are you scared of?" That, on the surface seems pretty open ended, yet as the thread progressed it became obvious that many fears are not open to discussion. (By the criteria of this thread I fear nothing)

I find the range of topics interesting and often puzzling. While I might come to RCU for advice on how to fix a broken toy, I see pleas for advice to the lovelorn, how to relate to parents/children, and a wide variety of other eclectic subjects.

I think the moderators do a great job. Thanks.

jess
Old 05-11-2011, 09:09 AM
tommygun32

I second that Jess. 4 warnings by 3 moderators...that is showing considerable patience.

Argghhh...I wanted to give a thumbs up, but the 'more smileys' still don't work for me...NM.

ORIGINAL: jessiej

I think the moderators do a great job. Thanks.

jess
Old 05-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My apologies Jessie if you read my post (this one before I edited it, I kinda jumped on you a bit, lol), I clearly misunderstood. Being a mod and keeping a constant eye on threads like this gets to the psychology! In any case, I appreciate the kind words, and I'm glad you appreciate what we do here. /bow
Old 05-11-2011, 09:23 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

flying a new plane for the first time.no matter how experienced I am.and larger birds terrorize me even more .
Old 05-11-2011, 09:31 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

flying a new plane for the first time.no matter how experienced I am.and larger birds terrorize me even more .
RC? Yeah, that is pretty terrifying. No matter how sure I am of my control surface estimates... I can still invision the thing going into a corkscrew before I get my fingers on the trim.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:39 AM
The_Shark

i would think the funnest part to aviation.... is simply landing it.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:53 AM
joeheren
My Feedback: (11)

the only thing i am scared of is the wife.....no really just spiders
Old 05-11-2011, 09:55 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Not afraid as such, but I do have a general problem with dogs. Just don't like em. I can tolerate other people's but I would never go out of my way to interact with one. I ar Cat person tbh.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

I'm glad I don't have that fear. I maiden more planes in a month that most people do all year!
Old 05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ThunderbirdJunkie's biggest fear is the Jeep shutting down on a nasty, slick sidehill. No power steering, no power, no power brakes would turn that into a little bout of creating a pinch place in the seat.
ORIGINAL: Tommygun
-Being the victim of a frivolous lawsuit
When you get nailed by one, and then you win, that fear subsides[8D]
Old 05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
jessiej

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: lez1troubles

Not afraid as such, but I do have a general problem with dogs. Just don't like em. I can tolerate other people's but I would never go out of my way to interact with one. I ar Cat person tbh.
My dogs provide me companionship, protection, and unswerving loyalty. I also love my cats.

I have no fears whatsoever. (Except those that may not be discussed here.)

jess
Old 05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
8MILLSNIPER007

I apologize that you had to edit my previous post, I was not aware that we are not allowed to speak of certian things on this forum, my fault I should of read the rules before posting!! Just keeping you on your toes Foxy!!! LOL... Sorry man...

Not to beat a dead horse, but just out of coriousity why was my post edited when post #58 remains? At least mine was related to a genuine fear?? Just saying....
Old 05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
buggyboy2010

LOL, Post got deleted, Figured it would.... But My real fear would be, Dislocating My shoulder again..lol, It hurts like crazy and if I were to do it now, I would be in a lot of trouble because I would have to rip it out from 3 titanium pins.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:06 PM
mechanizeddeath

Only bears, really.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:44 PM
8MILLSNIPER007

I second the shoulder dislocation, been there once and also broke my shoulder, niether one of them are very much fun...

Old 05-11-2011, 02:12 PM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Well apparently some here didn't get the hint when Foxy removed posts and then warned the thread, and then when Minnflyer removed posts and then warned the thread. So let me say it a little clearer here. RCU is not the place for politics or political commentary. It's stated clearly in our rules it will be enforced. For those that think that they are above the rules and keep trying to post politics here, let me tell you a little secret. We're not going to lock down this thread simply because a few people can't understand and follow our rules. If they continue to try and post I will deal with them on an individual basis. Let this stand as a group warning to all those they keep trying to post about politics, or other topics not allowed in the RCU Community Rules, if they continue to post they will face administrative actions.

I'm sorry that I had to make such a post here in the open forum, but unfortunately some people here just can't follow instructions.

Ken
Ken,

Sorry, I didn't know I was violating rules with a comment regarding politics or political affiliation. If there was info in this thread related to that I must have skipped over it before posting.

My mistake.

Sincerely,

Todd
Old 05-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Foxy

I apologize that you had to edit my previous post, I was not aware that we are not allowed to speak of certian things on this forum, my fault I should of read the rules before posting!! Just keeping you on your toes Foxy!!! LOL... Sorry man...

Not to beat a dead horse, but just out of coriousity why was my post edited when post #58 remains? At least mine was related to a genuine fear?? Just saying....
This is post 58 for me below (because I see the masses of deleted posts). But if you think another post needs editing, please feel free to pm me, some slip through the net or we miss the meaning occasionally.

ORIGINAL: Flyboy76

fear of not being able to help my children if they were to get into trouble... it's kept me up at night!
Old 05-11-2011, 03:44 PM
The_Shark

ORIGINAL: mechanizeddeath

Only bears, really.
bears or the chicago bears?

the latter you really dont need to be afraid, they never do anything in the offense. just sack cutler.

bear bears, yeah, its scary because they are big, strong, fast and smart, can climb swim and scale, and even with a strong weapon, if you dont kill it, it will just kill you faster.
Old 05-11-2011, 03:45 PM
yoyo5

had lots of night mares of bigfoot attacking me or being in a moving vehicale and not in control

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.