Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

worst cars ever thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:53 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: worst cars ever thread

If you do, can you make a vid? I so wanna see TBJ pimpin' one!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:00 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

It will be donked out with 26s y0

And a 12" lift
Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This car is actually VERY nice............it just had some bad shrimp for dinner.....

Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

No offence, MiamizFinest...but seeing your SN reminded ThunderbirdJunkie of one of the biggest PITA cars EVER.

The Lincoln LS.

Lower balljoints are in the knuckle assembly...$500 per side. The upper control arms are a pain in the butt to replace because the shock has to be pulled.

Tie rod ends are nonexistent in the aftermarket...OEM parts only...ditto for the knuckle and upper balljoint/control arm assembly.

Sorry, but worst idea Ford ever had. They know their front end parts are crap, and then they make it hyper-expensive to fix when it comes time.

Dynamically, fantastic car to drive, and excellent build quality...but it's put together like a Jenga tower.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:12 AM
MiamizFinest

i havent had any of those problems, im guessing all those problems come when the car is crashed?? not normal wear and tear??? i dunno im not a big CAR guy and since i got the car new i dont really see my self haveing any of those problems fingures crossed...........besides there is like a million UPICKS salvages all around MIAMI im sure if ever need something i could swap it off a junker......there is litterally atleast 500 something car junk yards in my city alone dade county is BIG

BTW ive bein TOLLED that the lincon LS actually use ALOT of parts suspention wise and others from the Jaguar X-TYPE suspostlly they even use the same motor tranny and a few other things is this true???

you might rember i put 22" rims on my car and at the shop where they where installed they had to raise the car about 5 inches and i have bein driveing it like that for well over a year not with no problems, and it only took 2 hours to install, the only problem i did have was the rims ripped a radiator tube and it was a pain to find, it took ford about 3 days to get it, with the new tube installed and slightly modded ive had no problems

before the lincon i had a ford explorer.............i think nothing else is needed to be sayed since the car is TRULLY a dissaster...... i was always scared id get off the car in a grocery store and come back to see my car on fire for no reason
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

The ford flex....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43016.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1084076  
Old 12-05-2008, 12:21 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

Oh and this car is so ugly it reminds me of a tank. Took me a while to remember the name Pontiac Aztec.
Attached Images  
Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 AM
NitroVenom

The Mustang II. I love my mustang but this year is just ugly...

Name:	Ca81880.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	103.1 KB
ID:	1084087  
Old 12-05-2008, 12:50 AM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ttam, yeah I totally forgot about the Aztec, one of the ugliest ever.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:20 AM
feo

lol Ttam. I agree 100%
Old 12-05-2008, 06:27 AM
The Collector1
My Feedback: (2)

My neighbor has one without the chrome stuff on it, it reminds me of a long Honda Element with a shaved top [:'(] why Ford

Name:	Xv64968.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1084149  
Old 12-05-2008, 07:40 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Mostly, just like all Fords, the balljoint issues just come from mileage/age...they're normal wear and tear. ThunderbirdJunkie has seen the '04+ F series trucks with toasted lower balljoints at 50k miles...one of his customers has an 06? Lincoln whatever-that-truck-is with 100k on it and it's on its second set of lower balljoints...this fella wishes he would've spent the extra money on the Moog parts with the lifetime warranty.

Just like a Taurus, just like an Explorer, Ranger, F150, any other Ford product...about 75k-100k miles, get ready for about $2,000 worth of front end work...ESPECIALLY if that sucker is lifted. Like was said, $500 per side for the lower balljoints...in parts ALONE.

And people wonder why the company is going broke...

ThunderbirdJunkie misses his Cobra II
Old 12-05-2008, 08:53 AM
The Hedgehog

Hah I have owned Fords for years and have done plenty of that type of work. I'm still a Ford guy first and foremost though [8D]

But my vote definitely goes for the Smart car. Worst ride in the history of vehicles, terrible gas mileage (premium gas by the way), hundreds of other cars make more sense than the Smart car. Although sometimes I burst out laughing seeing one on the highway "cruising" at 65 mph, hopefully that doesn't last it's not too safe.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:56 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Every time ThunderbirdJunkie sees a Smart, he wants to punt it for a field goal.

THREE POINTS, BEYOTCH!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Longhair

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

Hah I have owned Fords for years and have done plenty of that type of work. I'm still a Ford guy first and foremost though [8D]

But my vote definitely goes for the Smart car. Worst ride in the history of vehicles, terrible gas mileage (premium gas by the way), hundreds of other cars make more sense than the Smart car. Although sometimes I burst out laughing seeing one on the highway "cruising" at 65 mph, hopefully that doesn't last it's not too safe.
What's wrong with a Smart?

They have their advantages - like parking for example

Old 12-05-2008, 09:09 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: Longhair

They have their advantages - like parking for example
By advantages you meant advanTAGE right
Old 12-05-2008, 09:10 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Only two seats
Less cargo room than a Corvette
exorbitant pricetag for what it is...you can buy a 5-seat Fit or Versa nicely equipped for the price of a Smart...and have more than just room for a bucket of General Tso's Chicken in the cargo area to boot (no pun intended)
Crap fuel economy for its size (come the F on...40 mpg? ThunderbirdJunkie's 83 Accord got better than that in the city with a 3bbl Keihin carb and a 1.8L I4!)
it's hideous
And is unstable in crosswinds

The car has no redeeming factors. So it's easy to park...so is a 69 Ford Bronco, or a Jeep CJ5...and those are at least not stupid automobiles, and have double the seating capacity of the Smart, and can climb on top of one!
Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Longhair

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

By advantages you meant advanTAGE right
You know how girls always travel in pairs (one hot, one fat & ugly) ?

Now you can say that there is no room for the thick one without having to buy a porsche [>:]
Old 12-05-2008, 09:21 AM
The Hedgehog

Good point, I'm sold.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:32 PM
hands without shadows

It really does look kinda like a tank/lav.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:42 PM
MiamizFinest

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

ORIGINAL: MiamizFinest

i havent had any of those problems, im guessing all those problems come when the car is crashed?? not normal wear and tear??? i dunno im not a big CAR guy and since i got the car new i dont really see my self haveing any of those problems fingures crossed...........besides there is like a million UPICKS salvages all around MIAMI im sure if ever need something i could swap it off a junker......there is litterally atleast 500 something car junk yards in my city alone dade county is BIG

BTW ive bein TOLLED that the lincon LS actually use ALOT of parts suspention wise and others from the Jaguar X-TYPE suspostlly they even use the same motor tranny and a few other things is this true???

you might rember i put 22" rims on my car and at the shop where they where installed they had to raise the car about 5 inches and i have bein driveing it like that for well over a year not with no problems, and it only took 2 hours to install, the only problem i did have was the rims ripped a radiator tube and it was a pain to find, it took ford about 3 days to get it, with the new tube installed and slightly modded ive had no problems

before the lincon i had a ford explorer.............i think nothing else is needed to be sayed since the car is TRULLY a dissaster...... i was always scared id get off the car in a grocery store and come back to see my car on fire for no reason
Mostly, just like all Fords, the balljoint issues just come from mileage/age...they're normal wear and tear. ThunderbirdJunkie has seen the '04+ F series trucks with toasted lower balljoints at 50k miles...one of his customers has an 06? Lincoln whatever-that-truck-is with 100k on it and it's on its second set of lower balljoints...this fella wishes he would've spent the extra money on the Moog parts with the lifetime warranty.

Just like a Taurus, just like an Explorer, Ranger, F150, any other Ford product...about 75k-100k miles, get ready for about $2,000 worth of front end work...ESPECIALLY if that sucker is lifted. Like was said, $500 per side for the lower balljoints...in parts ALONE.

And people wonder why the company is going broke...

Good luck, mi amigo

ORIGINAL: NitroVenom

The Mustang II. I love my mustang but this year is just ugly...
ThunderbirdJunkie misses his Cobra II

Thats ok then my car right now is at 25K miles and i prolly wont have it in another 3 or 4 months, im already geting bored of it and since i started geting into larger scale rc and gas boats the car is becomeing a pain in the ass to hual things around in since it has a small trunk and speakers in that small trunk, im looking to pick up a escalade EXT and praying to god the price of gas doesnt sky rocket again
Old 12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie

Now you can say that there is no room for the thick one without having to buy a porsche [>:]
911s have four seats.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:39 PM
hands without shadows

If you buy a bike you have an excuse when the hot one says shes got something else but her friend is available.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:14 AM
feo

Old 12-06-2008, 11:50 PM
quadzilla122

what the hell was that! Feo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.