Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 01:19 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: E-flite Hawker Hurricane !!!

Guys,

Due to unforeseen events, I will not be able to enjoy this model after all.

I am presently selling it on eBay in case some of you might know someone that would want it.

Take care!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:11 PM
guapoman2000

Presently trying to sell the wonder model locally.

Here is a Flight Demo Video of the model that I am trying to sell.

http://youtu.be/6_ProQWIaO8

Old 06-02-2012, 04:38 PM
guapoman2000

Some pictures between flights of my Hawker Hurricane 25e!

It fits inside my 1996 vintage Toyota Corolla DX!

Old 06-08-2012, 10:14 PM
mad web tv scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[] quapoman, sorry to learn about your situation. Hope you will return at some point in the future. Your input here and on other fighter threads is very much appreciated.

In the meantime some exciting developments have transpired with the Hurricane that can be enjoyed until more of them can take to the air. I need to try to make some sort of amends for my "somewhat" confrontational question to FLIGHT JOURNAL magazine. I questioned the lack of that "turbulence-generating" ridge directly behind the spinner as depicted in all of the shots of our venerable Hurricane on and in the the June 2012 issue of the magazine. Fortunately, I got a very modeler-friendly response in the AUGUST 2012 issue beside a picture of our immortal historic piece of flying art. It was so neat that I bought a back up copy of the magazine that is now carefully contained in a plastic cover.

Yes, I will be flying my HH after I get more practice with my great landing "full house" 109G.

Click on "Ratings" on this forum to bring up "real Ace Park Flyer" fighters (weigh two pounds or less). The HH fits the Park Flyer definition for me because it is flown by an "experienced" pilot and it is the same scale as my PZ Messerschmitts.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416

PS Yes, I am also very excited about using thorium plasma batteries in my Hurricane and in a lot of other machines as well - what an exciting future!

"mad thorium batteries" typed into YAHOO brings up the ultimate in batteries!
Old 06-09-2012, 02:44 AM
guapoman2000

@ mad web tv scientist,

Why thanks for that concerned thoughts on my behalf.

All is okay, just trying to sell off this model locally as shipping will be just too costly.[:@]

Anyway, in the meantime I have been able to fly and enjoy the model and with the help of a good buddy, I have recorded several flights of this model so, all can see it's capabilities.

Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vza2Fwm-6_4[/youtube]
Old 06-10-2012, 10:30 AM
guapoman2000

Hi Guys!

Well, it sure got mighty humid and hot sooner than later, however, that did not stop anyone from RC Flying including myself!

I brought the old Airfield / FMS Bf-109 and the E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e and they both flew spectacular!

I flew the Bf-109 for a total of 3 flights and the E-Flite Hawker Hurricane for 2 flights. The Bf-109 sure has a torque roll to the left due to it's large 15 inch 3-Bladed propeller so, you really have to be ready when she lifts off ! The Hawker Hurricane 25e by E-Flite has not such characteristics what-so-ever!

I believe the last time I flew the Airfield / FMS Bf-109 was at the Tampa Electric Fun Fly late last year and it crashed because I inadvertently selected the WRONG switch for Main Gear Retraction, I instead selected the Trainer / Bind button and the model was just too close to the ground and did not recover in time. Last Thursday, I finally made the necessary repairs! I will still continue for cosmetic work in the future. My Spektrum DX7 has the Gear Retract switch on the Left and the Generic 2.4G Radio for the Bf-109 is on the Right!

A few pictures as usual.

The Bf-109's Canopy fell off on the first take-off and I will take this opportunity to install the better Pilot that these Airfield / FMS / BlitzRC models are coming with! The Bf-109 flew open cockpit!!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:49 AM
mad web tv scientist

Luft Reichsfuher Von Donkykongstine, been a while since we have crossed swords, so I thought it might be nice to catch you up on the latest in Hurricane excitement and crumpet cuisine.

First of all, the reflector gunsight was absent in my HH HH. So, I added my own after market "Cross hair ring and post" system. The cross hair ring is inside the cockpit just behind the armored windshield. The post is located in the same position as can be seen on full scale pictures. Flaps now work perfectly just like full scale. My wife now has a recipe for crumpets and plans to make some as soon as she comes up with a couple more of the rings she needs.

Must run some scans now, PC is acting up.

Okay, as long as "free advertising" is being provided for vested interests in the status quo, I'm confident our hacker(s) will eventually allow relevant truth to get through. I'm looking forward to the time when truth about reality will be rewarded. As already suggested, really exciting consequences of the criminal leaking of "TOP SECRET" government information about "Thorium Plasma Batteries" that is now readily available on the web will surely change the world for good whether the Facists like it or not! By the way, I am still waiting for my "complimentary Thorium Plasma Batteries" that I have been providing so much free advertising for. So, let's get with it people! Progress waits for no man!

Now, where were we before being so rudely inturupted? Ah yes, The Hurricane, etc. - Frist thing I did right with the flaps was replace that poor quality, easy to break steel servo arm pushrod up to the "Y" connection with 18 gage soft steel, nicely bend adjustable wire. The next right thing I did that worked perfectly (finally!) was to use the third hole on the servo arms from the servos for the pushrods. By positioning servo arms fully back it is easy to adjust the pushrod length for fully retracted flaps and fine tuning for fully deployed flaps position when the servo arms are fully forward.

At the moment, I like the APC 13X6.5 E prop that provides sort of adequate thrust for most of my flying performance preferences. I am still experimenting and seem to be unable to get any answers from modeling enthusiasts.

Breaking off now.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. (Please see post #61 for post signature update.)

____________________________________ FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

___________________________________ SPITFIRE EXCITEMENT! Facebook's finest hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 (There is a "malware" problem on either my PC or Facebook's web site as the display on Facebook is different between my PC and other web equipment owned by other accounts. It's like the action smileys and "red X" problem I have reported on other threads.) THE MALWARE PROBLEM ON FB IS NOW GONE. Due to the unanticipated important information about the revolutionary thorium plasma battery technology on top it is now necessary to scroll down to the "buried treasure Spitfire" posts.

"mad thorium batteries" typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up great information about thorium plasma batteries.

Clearest, most complete THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY ENERGY discussion: http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html
Old 08-28-2012, 09:59 PM
mad web tv scientist

TRICKY HURRICANE

Finally got around to flying the Hurricane with its now scale like working flaps. The tests didn't go very well because of a mysterious tail heavy condition that was almost as bad as the maiden discussed earlier on this thread. Flaps performed perfectly but, a tip stall on landing beat up the machine some and injured my ego severely.

Next flight was with a smaller, lighter battery installed further forward than normal in a vain attempt to enjoy better stability. The ship was so unstable it rolled inverted as I was circling to set up for a landing approach. Almost instantly I kept it rolling right back to upright flight, but with some weak knees. Flying with high rate elevator control, I finally performed a nice flaps up landing.

Temperature was 78 degrees F, vertical performance with the 13X6.5 E APC was unacceptable. The 15X4 E APC cut to 13.5 inches looks promising but I'm still experimenting.

Next practice fighter sweep session should be a piece of cake. CG was slightly ahead of the center point between the instruction book specifications. It is now located slightly ahead of the most forward recommended CG point.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (page 35) on Spit Brotherhood thread for FANTASTIC INFO. Although Google works perfectly with my "malware susceptible" PC, when "Churchill = the Spitfire, the Spitfire = Churchill. May God bless them both" is Googgled, at the moment; Google does not work for others with this statement. Yahoo still brings up the Spitfire Brotherhood for others when the Churchill statement is used in Yahoo's search window.

____________________________________ FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/

___________________________________ SPITFIRE EXCITEMENT! Facebook's finest hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 (There is a "malware" problem on either my PC or Facebook's web site as the display on Facebook is different between my PC and other web equipment owned by other accounts. It's like the action smileys and "red X" problem I have reported on other threads. THE MALWARE PROBLEM ON FB IS NOW GONE.) Due to the unanticipated important information about the revolutionary thorium plasma battery technology on top it is now necessary to scroll down to the "buried treasure Spitfire" posts.

"mad thorium batteries" typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up great information about thorium plasma batteries.

Clearest, most thorough THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY information on the web: http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html
Old 08-31-2012, 07:55 PM
Saburo Sakai

"He's mad I tell you, mad!" And I'm back at RCU taking a break from fly fishing for redfish and sharks and demons, oh my, to have a go at these wonder birds again. Did you see about the new, "Drone University" on the web lately? If they don't snapand realize that "drone" is remotely piloted I think we're seeing spookydehumanization here, which is always one of the warning signs of nasty things in the making. Hey they can't forget about we loons on the little sticks, right?Mad, I've been delaying work on a new book but I've made some rather direct blog writings at my site about the seemingly willingabdication of American liberty to the power-hungry by some, the fight against it by others, my escape from it in flyfishing, and of course the little birds we love to fly in liberty while we still have it.
http://rcfightersforfreedom.blogspot.com/ NOT FOR THE IMMATURE nor the easily spooked.It is to teach and to offer up solutions for sticky situations that crop up in in fishing,flying and living free. Because if we do not live in a free society, we are not allowed to fly our birds. Please add your opinions and let fly in American Liberty while we still have it.
Today's Question: when you put your bird in a turn and notice she loses altitude, have you ever used oppositerudder to keep her nose up and keep her from dropping altitude?Or, do you overcome it mostly with throttle?Some birdsI've noticed really have a propensity to lose altitude on turns. Respond! Our liberty in flight depends upon it!
#56 out, but not out of the game.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:50 AM
mad web tv scientist

Sakai, great to see you back in the fight, you fearsome Japanese Ace you. It's obvious where your indomitable patriot fighting spirit came from. It had to come from your great, great, great, great, great grandfather, right?

Okay, to pay the freight for all the fun we have so far been able to enjoy here, here is the answer to your question about flying machine performance: Yes, throttle helps if you are flying just above stalling speed when making a turn. I never use opposite rudder except when trying to show off a little "knife edge" flight. My big Albatros is forcing me to learn to use rudder when turning. You wouldn't believe how much difference using rudder control can make in turns with it.

I've got to run or get "timed out" again like what happened with my last post on RCU. I will try to get back but can't guarantee it. I fought with some "Malware" so long yesterday that I was totally drained when I finally quit in utter frustration and went to bed.

We evidently have friends in the highest of possible places. I got away with putting some dynamite information on Facebook today, and so far my seemingly destroyed PC as of yesterday has performed perfectly except for once when I got a "tad" (?) too plain spoken on a FB post. It disappeared, but my next more humorous entertaining composition with less tendency to close minds that are in love with this present world worked out perfectly. Speaking the truth in love is the key to overwhelming unstoppable victory.

Ah yes, drones, when a terrorist needs killing it seems that getting droned is a morally just way to accomplish the mission. Like yourself, I do tend to get a little nervious when an "alien" has his finger on the trigger. All this does bring up my all time favorite

What a "coincidence" (?) PC stopped at the very word before Thorium Plasma Batteries. I ran some security scans. PC seems to be okay now.

Hey, the word is already out there. All we (yes everybody, we are all in this together) can do is make the best of the situation at hand. The "civilized" (?) countries all really do need to honestly pull together for the maximum benifit of all mankind. Compliments of media technology everything is or shortly will be laid open and naked for everybody to see. So, since the only other choice is suicide let's all get serious about doing right and living right. Surely, that is not too much to ask.

So, at some point heroic modelers could use some of the first commercially available Thorium Plasma Batteries for teaching aid purposes and would appreciate being honored for their services to humanity; while encouraging patience among the masses, realizing that real quality CHANGE can take a lot of time. GODSPEED!

Out.

To enjoy a large group of Ace fighter planes all on one page, please click Rating near the top of page one on this forum. TALLY-HO!

(See my last post for post signature that could not be installed here.)
Old 09-15-2012, 06:37 PM
mad web tv scientist

Looking forward to flying the Hurricane with new Thorium Plasma Batteries. She is now fine tuned for warbird aerobatics even if APC props become unavailable in our rapidly declining culture. I modified a wooden prop that performs well enough that if push comes to shove I could get by with adequate performance. I hope circumstances won't force me to use wood props, but I am now prepaired just in case. Actually, it was kind of fun to see just how close a wood prop could come to APC performance.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - typing "Churchill = the Spitfire, the Spitfire = Churchill. May God bless them both" into Yahoo brings up the Spitfire Brotherhood and other fun stuff. "Spitfire Documentary BBC - YouTube" with all kinds of priceless Spitfire stuff that used to come up with the Spitfire Brotherhood can be Googled. After a nice short video "The Man who Designed the Spitfire." "The first of the few," and a whole lot more is available.

Why we fight - http://goodfight.com

FIGHTERS, AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/ (URL for revolutionary Thorium Plasma Batteries can be found on the top of the first page of CALL TO GLORY.)

Clicking on "Rating" near the top of page one (1) of this forum still brings up an impressively large number of high performance Ace fighter planes all in one large group.

Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
guapoman2000

I can attest that this model is very well designed, notwithstanding all the disappointment out there because of the delays of shipment when it was introduced. The models paint and most especially the decals are just amazing. The flight characteristics can be placed in the top category as well.

On Tuesday, November 6th, 2012 and at my RC Club here in Central Florida, I was able to fly my Hawker Hurricane 25e for two total flights. One flight early in the morning and the other flight during early evening. I was able to kill power completely and this large and almost 4lbs. model glided down without exhibiting any bad manners. (Without Flaps!)

I am glad Horizon Hobby decided to reduce the price and it is a very good deal as this is the best RC Warbird model that has come to market in a long time.

A few pictures of my Hawker Hurrican 25e during Tuesday's action:

A few pictures of my Hawker taken a few months ago (July 7th, 2012)....
(Credit to David Hart for the pictures)

Old 11-10-2012, 08:33 PM
guapoman2000

Guys,

I got tired of pulling and compressing my Canopy section with my entire hand so, I looked in my hobby drawer (Electronics Drawer) and found a very small gauge wire wrap insulated wire that seems to be doing the trick in pulling off the entire canopy without the need of Gorilla handling the canopy with entire hand.

I just hand drilled two small holes at the rear of the canopy to insert about 1/4 inch of the wire on each side and used 5-minute Epoxy.

Oh, that is a BACK YARD FLYER Magazine from March 2003. Back then they had nice Models on the cover!

Old 11-10-2012, 08:36 PM
guapoman2000

Saturday morning, November 10th, 2012:

Flew my Hawker Hurricane 25e Stock again early this morning and my friend at the RC Club, Mario was kind enough to record the flight and it is the best I have managed with partial flaps!

Again, my stock E-Flite Battery pack is about 3/4 of an inch to the AFT from the hard stop up front inside the battery compartment and NO NOSE Overs!

Make sure you select FULL SCREEN & Highest Resolution!!

https://vimeo.com/53216920

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ELrv25EMWk[/youtube]
Old 11-10-2012, 10:12 PM
mad web tv scientist

Great work as usual! I added a section of Fusion fishing line that acts very well to help hold the antenna up along with a realistic antenna line conected to the top of the elevator. I made a small "V" shaped flexible music wire with a slight hook on the end to connect the antenna that can allow it to be easily disconnected to use for pulling up the hatch.

More after I do some more security scans. This is the very first time I have had trouble with this brand new PC since I trashed my old malware infected smaller PC. I have documentaton that confirmes that China has developed web technology that can literally do anything. So the best we can do now is to show that we really are committed to profitable values that benefit mankind. We are only a threat to dishonesty, criminal behavior, etc.. We also refuse to bow down before false gods like stateism, etc.. By the way, there are organizations that catch hackers and put them out of business. One of my missions has become for me to draw hacker fire so the good guys can pick them off.

I've had enough fun for now so am breaking off the attack.

Please keep up the beautiful work.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________ FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________ SPITFIRE EXCITEMENT! Facebook's finest hour - http://www.facebook.com/richard.porter.167 (There is a ''malware'' problem on either my PC or Facebook's web site as the display on Facebook is different between my PC and other web equipment owned by other accounts. It's like the action smileys and ''red X'' problem I have reported on other threads.) THE MALWARE PROBLEM ON FB IS NOW GONE - Given recent hacker activity malware may return. I still can't make the action smileys work. Due to the unanticipated important information about the revolutionary thorium plasma battery technology on top it is now necessary to scroll down to the original ''buried treasure Spitfire'' posts.

''mad thorium batteries'' typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up great information about thorium plasma batteries.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
mad web tv scientist

HURRICANE FLYING PERFOMANCE BREAKTHROUGH

Finally found the prop needed for a comfortable better than one to one thrust to weight ratio throughout the battery charge down to storage level of around 11.5 volts. First of all, I must correct the statement above about installing the antenna on the elevator. It is installed in a realistic way on top of the rudder. I used part of an ink pen spring to simulate the full scale practice on the antenna post. While I was at it during these unpleasant winter flying days (I'm becoming more and more of a fair weather flyer only) I added an instrument panel below the "crosshair" gun sight and the chrome Monokote "rear view mirror." A black balsa wood covering was added on the front of the radiator. I also painted the inside of the real air scoop black to help minimize the visual difference between it and the black front of the radiator.

Okay, back to things that might really make a difference. Though I don't intend to use full throttle drawing 52 Amps for more than a few seconds at a time during flying shows, extra cooling ventilation has been added. The exhaust stacks are hollowed out, four soda straws are installed exiting the back of the radiator and extending up to the inside of the fuselage, and holes around the control pushrods and tail wheel are all discretely opened up with extra holes added near the tail wheel. For a little extra margin of safety the elevators both have their own servos. The "fixed landing gear" (I hate the extra weight of my retracts and I love the extra stuff hanging down in the breeze to aid my visually challenged eyes, not to mention the better vertical flying performance) has some useful modifications that can help the ship keep its pants on shipshape in spite of my landing "performances" (?).

Just bought a new "backup" stock battery and plan to purchase one more. Most of the time they will be charged at .5 Amp or less to help preserve them until THORIUM PLASMA BATTERIES become available that I hope will be sooner than later.

More about propellers later after some more checking.

Rolling in to attack.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ __________________________________
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!
http://www.ecocarforum.com/ev-forums...t_a_recha.html

''mad thorium batteries'' typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up some great information about thorium plasma batteries.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:29 PM
dmustangman

I have not talked to you in awhile, you still fly the FMS P-51? I have a few flights on mine now and love it. I just got my HH 25E today and I'm thinking about adding 15-25 Eflite retracts. Have you had any problems with yours ? Which are you using ?.

Thanks Happy Flights
dmustangman

Old 01-31-2013, 11:35 PM
mad web tv scientist

ORIGINAL: dmustangman
I have not talked to you in awhile, you still fly the FMS P-51? I have a few flights on mine now and love it. I just got my HH 25E today and I'm thinking about adding 15-25 Eflite retracts. Have you had any problems with yours ? Which are you using ?.
Thanks Happy Flights
dmustangman

Hi dmustangman. Nice to learn about your fighter fun. My PZ "War Weary" GUNFIGHTER is set up as a backup trainer for my newest PZ Wildcat. My newest pristine condition GUNFIGHTER is ready to scamble and fight at any altitude from down on the deck to over two (2) miles altitude (like when I travel over the Rockies). I also still have my fabulous little PZ "Front Yard P-51 Fighter," but haven't flown it for some time.

I have the retracts for the HH but have no plans to install them. I need more landing practice and I don't like the extra weight that can degrade the already low thrust to weight ratio of the HH. I just charged up some batteries and hope to get out this weekend to do some flying.

At the moment I have sustained some damage by my dentist and must break off the attack for now. In the meantime please keep us updated about your progress.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling - http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page # 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight - www.goodfight.com
__________________________________________________ __________________________________
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY - http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have in the future of flight!

''mad thorium batteries'' typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up some great information about thorium plasma batteries.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Jaybird

Hello,

I've just purchased the BNF version and I've started sorting throught the box and dry fitting things together. The battery compartment allows for quite a bit of adjustment for placement. What have people found is the best location for balance? The instructions show two velcro straps but mine only has one right under the ESC. What is your methaod of loading and unloading the battery? There are several detail parts for the lights which the manual never mentions that I can find.

Thanks for your information and I'm really looking forward to flying.

Jaybird
Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 AM
mad web tv scientist

PC IS ACTING UP REALLY BAD RIGHT NOW, WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW. CG needs to be close to the most forward recommended point.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:59 PM
mad web tv scientist

Hi Jaybird. My encounter with the dentist, not to mention PC problems has
taken a toll on our air fighting exploits. So much time has been expended
tuning and adjusting the Hurricane that it would be reasonable to think that
it is my favorite fighter. The real truth is that at the time I am working
with any single fighter plane, it is my favorite until I start working with
yet another plane that then becomes my favorite. In a word, almost "all
famous fighters are my favorite," and I am continuing the "requisition
process" until my flying fighter hanger/museum has a full compliment of historic
machines.

In addition to the hook & loop system I like to use 19 gage wire "hooks and
rubber bands" to keep the battery really secure. The system pictured above
shows a very practical way to open the hatch. I use a similar system that
works to help hold up a "close to scale" antenna system. in addition to the
chrome Monokote added to the "mirror" and the "cross hair gun sight," a full
color copy of a Bf 109 Messerschmitt instrument panel was added to the front
of the hole I carefully carved out in front of the pilot inside the cockpit.
It just didn't look right to have that dandy little gun sight in the
cockpit with no instruments.

To add a little more realism the main landing "lights" clear lenses have
chrome Monkote behind them as do the the "Sharpie colored" clear tip light
lenses. Be careful with the green as it tends to go on too heavy and block
reflections from the MonoKote.

Updated work has been done to my "fixed gear" system but some testing must
be done before any reporting can be done. I also have more prop testing to
do.

Well, I am about out of ammo so will return to base for now.

Out.

Spitfire Brotherhood (All Spitfires Welcome) #64 - Post #407 - Battle of
Britain & Winston Churchill relevancy to modeling -
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=11007416 PLEASE SEE POST 852 (Page
# 35) on Spit thread for FANTASTIC INFO. See why we fight -
www.goodfight.com
FIGHTERS - AVIATION'S ULTIMATE CALL TO GLORY, HONOR, AND IMMORTALITY -
http://community-2.webtv.net/RICHARD...4/CALLTOGLORY/
The following URL brings up the most concise, non-technical (with technical
references) discussion about the revolutionary THORIUM PLASMA BATTERY
technology I have found on the web. ENJOY! Oh what fun we are going to have
in the future of flight!

''mad thorium batteries'' typed in Yahoo and/or Google brings up some great
information about thorium plasma batteries
Old 02-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Jaybird

Well, mine is done and ready for it's maiden flight...once the snow and wind stop blowing! It was hard to get a tight fit between the wing halves so I've filled the gap with canopy glue. I was thinking of cutting out the back of the airscoop to allow an exit for cooling air but there isn't a good way to airflow back to it. I'm looking forward to trying this bird out. I'm going to wait on the retracts though until I've tested it.

Jaybird
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61283.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	1853254   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65486.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	1853255  
Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 PM
Chucksolo69

I have mine and am waiting for the weekend to maiden her. I used Beacon Foam Tac instead of epoxy on the wings and she looks and feels solid. BTW - I got mine for $109.00 from my LHS.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Jaybird

Watching some of the videos on this thread and looking at the gear doors as the the plane rotates towards it's nose, it looks like the tips of the gear doors might be contributing to the nose over tendancies as they come in contact with the ground as it starts over. I'm thinking I might trim the lower front edge of the doors so they provide more clearance before my first flight.

I took mine into the hobby shop at noontime to show the guys and they were impressed with looks of the plane. They only had a couple in the store and had not seen one put together. Touch up paint is certainly going to be needed to keep it looking good for any length of time!

Jaybird

p.s. I picked up Model Master #4726 Dark Green and it seems to be a pretty close match. They didn't have any of the Tamaya paints mentioned earlier.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:40 AM
dmustangman

I went ahead and installed retracts. I'm also waiting on the weather to change our field is pretty wet right now. Does anyone have a suggestion on how much flap to use for landings ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.