Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Badius Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Badius Owners Club

Looking good, Doug!! Can't wait to see how it flies!
Old 06-03-2005, 04:28 PM

doc, I like the first pic the best, real nice.

rayray, that looks like it was fun.

I hate weather. It has been raining all week[:@]. sposed to clear up tomorrow though. maybe I'll get some airtime in.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:56 PM

Hey RayRay,

I just got to see your video, WOW! You sure looked like you were having some fun.

These are the things that we will always remember in life. Always go for the GOLD.

I have a great video of my Sky Dive on my 52 Birthday, but it's on VHS, so no way to share it.

If anyone would like to do that, I would forward the tape.

Once, I flew in an Utralight with floats down in the Florida keys. It was a great thrill also, but sadly about a month later the pilot and his passenger fell to earth from 500 ft after his wings folded up. Both dead of course. It could have been me.

Glad to see you had so much fun
Old 06-03-2005, 06:25 PM

Capt, you can copy that vhs on to your computer the same way you put camcorder recordings on! You hook your vcr outputs to the computer then go to windows movie maker and import.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:26 PM

on the ultralight, he should have had the parachute auto deploy system! it has saved lots of lives!
Old 06-03-2005, 06:41 PM

Pappy

Send it to ME I have LOTS of free space (Now), I'll rip it and post it.

If you don't have my address, PM me and I'll send it

Brent
Old 06-03-2005, 06:55 PM

Sticks

A ballistic parachute on a ultralight is a GREAT option, and if your wings fold, it is the only option.

I had one on mine, but never had to used it, I crashed choosing not to use it (no control), It is a LONG story that I chose not to talk about it [8D].

BUT they are a BLAST, looking between you legs and seeing nothing but the ground 1000 feet below, What a rush..

Brent

Old 06-03-2005, 08:12 PM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the nods on my video. Pappy is right, that flight will be with me for life.
Pappy skydiving? Now this I have to see!

Tailwind
Old 06-03-2005, 09:54 PM
My Feedback: (3)

suprise one child morning as my son went to the kindergarden. result - off flying. had 3 flights at the empty rc club, f27, badius nutter and windy badius. the rear bearing didn't even come out of the windy badius's mega motor, so all in all it was a good morning's flying. i'm sure you're all aware of my opinion of the japs as a race (they're losers) but i ask you, on a perfectly good morning for flying, why is nobody at the rc club (no problem for me, don't have to wait to fly) ? why is the stupid university glider club not flying again this year ? why isn't it a public club ? why isn't there even one plane for rent at the unbusy airport ? why isn't there any parachuting ? only paragliding, which is pretty good and quite popular, but isn't convenient for me. bloody *ickheads !!!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:08 PM

Hey Guys,

Great idea about the chute. I wonder if he had thought of that option. He may have been to low to use it, if he had one, but hind sight is always 20/20. He's dead, so it's too late anyway.

Roger, I don't know how to plug RCA jacks from the VCR to the puter, so I think I will send it to Hollywood and let him do it.

Thanks for the offer Hollywood. I'll dig it out and send it.

You guys promise not to laugh at all my skin flapping at 100+knots. It is funny

The instructor on my back was funny too. I told him, do what ever you want back there, just pull that Dam chute..
Old 06-03-2005, 10:39 PM

Hollywood, I didn't know you flew ultra lights! Something I have always wanted to try.

Capt, I think those things work at almost any altitude! It shoots out like a bullet and opens quickly! That's the only way I would want to do it.

Computer is down again. This is on wifeys laptop comp. Gotta get back to debugging.[:@]
Old 06-03-2005, 10:42 PM

Brent, is Tailwinds video gone now? I just now tried to view it. Sorry Ray!
Old 06-03-2005, 10:57 PM

Roger

It is still here http://www.aerialstudios.net/rr.wmv

let me know if it doesn't work

Brent
Old 06-03-2005, 11:10 PM

Pappy,

hmmm, so its like that, huh?

I have the old style camcorder too Pappy (the one without the USB connection to connect directly into the computer). I purchased a video capture card for $70 from Best Buy. With it, you can connect any video device (including VHS recorders) to your computer and make movies.

Tailwind

ORIGINAL: CaptainRandy

The instructor on my back was funny too. I told him, do what ever you want back there, just pull that Dam chute..
Old 06-03-2005, 11:57 PM

don't worry about it, Brent. It must be something with the way wifey's laptop comp is set up. Still won't work. Says the file name is wrong.

I will try again when I get my comp back on line.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2005, 01:30 AM

Dougy,

LMFAO and rolling on the floor. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
I think your going to have to propose some changes at that club of yours.

Tailwind
ORIGINAL: grounded in japan

suprise one child morning as my son went to the kindergarden. result - off flying. had 3 flights at the empty rc club, f27, badius nutter and windy badius. the rear bearing didn't even come out of the windy badius's mega motor, so all in all it was a good morning's flying. i'm sure you're all aware of my opinion of the japs as a race (they're losers) but i ask you, on a perfectly good morning for flying, why is nobody at the rc club (no problem for me, don't have to wait to fly) ? why is the stupid university glider club not flying again this year ? why isn't it a public club ? why isn't there even one plane for rent at the unbusy airport ? why isn't there any parachuting ? only paragliding, which is pretty good and quite popular, but isn't convenient for me. bloody *ickheads !!!
Old 06-04-2005, 03:52 AM

dam and bugger. i didn't bother measuring badius fus for the hyperion motor and it wont fit in the badius fus. so i looked thru my box of stuff and decided to use the motor max 400t that Brent so kindly fixed. i know you've been waiting for me to use it Brent. this has two advantages. one, the 1500mah 3 cell kokams work perfectly well with it, wereas the hyperion requires the cheap 1800mah 10c 3 cell lipo, and i would have probably had to buy another, which i don't really need right now. also Brent put a 4mm shaft on the mmax and as the hyperion has a 4mm shaft i had ordered a 4mm folder hub and spinner. perfect. i'm not sure how i'm going to route the wires to avoid the problem i had before, when the front of the fus broke and the outrunner stripped the insulation off the motor wires causing a short. i was thinking i'll route them outside the fuse. only thing is the motor wires are really thin and i don't want to put connectors on them and also the esc is already correctly soldered to the motor wires, so i will probably route it inside and do SOMETHING (dont know quite what) to avoid the previous problem. maybe a cable tie thru the fus. anyway the badius super soarer needs some power to get up high so it's got to be brushless.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:39 AM

RayRay,

I thought there was a device I could buy to capture, but for now it's being sent to the expert.

Hollywood, I am sending out the video to you. It is not very long and as I copied it I noticed that the camera guy has the jump part twice, so if you want to edit the first one, go ahead.

You will see what I mean when you view it. Thanks!

Old 06-04-2005, 10:44 AM

Hey Doug. I still think a vacation is in order. Come on by the house and we'll fly over the farm for awhile.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:42 AM

sorry Lou, no can do for 15 years. wife works 6 days a week and doesn't get any holidays, so while i work for myself and am a good kind and generous benevelant boss she can't look after the kids while i take a holiday !! but i'll definately be round in 2020 !!

just looked at the cheap lipo site Brent posted http://www.rc-dymond.com and they have some nice cheap motors including the motor max. got another 1800 mah 3 cell from them. the first one is really handy and the quality seems ok. i love the price, i'm fedup of spending so much cash to get what i want.

going to start paragliding again now i've got 4 days with no kids. paragliding is the lowest form of flying i've tried so far !!
Old 06-04-2005, 11:45 AM

You have to work on wifeys vacation thing. That sucks. Paragliding sounds fun to me. Sneak a motor onto it. Maybe add a couple of wheels too.
Old 06-05-2005, 04:39 AM

hey Loubud, i've tried, but no deal. going to hassel her parents next time i see them. maybe i'll tell them my opinion of the japanese race he he.

i've got 2 motors which mount at the back, the esskey (ala motor max) and a himax outrunner and none of my planes have fittings for these types of motors. wondering what to do with them, anyone know any planes that use this type of mount ?? don't really want any more planes, but i want to use these motors. i was thinking of using a gws type stick mount and frame or something.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:38 AM

Good luck on that vacation Doug.

SS notes.
The Slow Stick flies. I made 4 landings and all of them good ones. Flew a total of 22 min with the 2200 mah lipos. I found out on the last flight that the lipo cutoff works just fine. Landed in the lettuce field with no problems. The SS is ready to rock and roll.

Slipper notes.
New motor and gearbox. I put running lights on and gave her a toss from the front yard. The Slipper went up about 15 feet, hung a hard left and crashed into the neighbors porch. No damage but the lights seemed to be interferring with the airflow of the wings which makes sense since I taped them there. So, took off the lights and gave her another toss. Up. Down. I moved the CG back a bit and gave her another toss. Up she goes and this time she's flying ok. Climb rate isn't very good so I'm at full throttle. Might be because it'
s a bnew motor or maybe I have the wrong prop on it. Dunno. I get her up high and am cruising the neighborhood when I lose orientation. I am now waiting for a phone call from who ever happens across her. Hopefully the Slipper isn't on a roof. May never see her again.[]
Might fly the SS again depending wind. It's a lot bigger the the Slipper and if I lose it, someone will surely find it. Gotta go put my name and address on it before I forget.
Old 06-05-2005, 12:43 PM
My Feedback: (1)

HeyLou,

If you had a cam to put on the SS maybe you could send her out on a scouting mission. If the slipper is on a roof top you may get a picture of her. Either way I hope is turns up soon and you get it back!!
Old 06-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Hi Carl,
Wifey went up and down a few streets looking for it. No one has found it yet. But the worst part is that wifey said I can't fly in the front yard anymore. I think she has remembered that I have a serious problem trying to fly out there. Can't get anything past that woman. If I ever master this flying stuff I'll fly out there again. She thinks there are too many obsticles out front. She has a point. A 2 story house directly across the street and 3 trees that are taller than the house. Plus telephone lines and a weird wind pattern. It looks like I'll have to build another Slipper. I still have the unmodified plans so I should be able to repeat it. I'll make the wings a little wider on this one.
Camera is limited in it's ability. I can only use it for cruising chicks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.