Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

The Australian thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 06:50 AM
digitalimages

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Australian thread

Crawf

Great to hear !!

If you do get a MiniMag I don't think you'll regret it ! I'm quite attached to mine now and I haven't even flown it !!!

It's good also to see that you're getting past the tragic recent events as well - bouncing back !!

BTW I made up that lead - be interesting to see if it works

Cheers

Old 05-10-2007, 07:09 AM
Rowdy_b64

G'day Tam and all,
Thanks for that mate, the Spit is indeed stock, bar the 2200 lipo in it, but as you so rightly pointed out, it's all catered for anyways .. all bar resetting the esc for it. I only flew it on the 9cell a few times before cutting it over, but to be honest I dont remember seeing any startling differences. Better flight times I suppose, but I dont really care to fly longer than 12 -13 minutes .. so not sure how far beyond that it would go. I used to run the firebird out of juice all the time .. and then crash. heheh.
Don't fancy doing that anymore so tend to be conservative with flight itmes

So whats all this about beaver .... just goto luv that word .. always takes me back to the scene with Leslie Neilson and Pricilla Presley ... do I have to search back through 144 pages .. maybe just plug "Beaver" into the search engine and see what it comes up with ...
Yep .... just better make sure it's the right search engine ....
Oh and Tam .. thank the better half .. I jumped onto the Rangers site and checked out the match result. That Kris Boyd is something else isn't he! Wish he had been there when I saw them play .. Prso was .. and was impressive ... just didn't score.
Cheers
Old 05-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Rowdy_b64

ORIGINAL: maiden-crash

Rowdy, I live down at South Morang, near Bundoora. If ever you come down here drop in and we'll go for a fly,ng I have something at that time. Currently i have a single plane, a 3DX. Im looking at getting either the funjet next, or the cmpro P-40 which is 40 size.
Hey there maiden-crash,
I used to play footy for South Morang! Maaannnnny years ago! Under 16's back in 1980 ??? around then. Lived in Epping and went to school at Reservoir High. Used to play in Fitzroy jumpers .. awfull! And the gound was a mud heap ... ahhhh they were the days. Never won a single game .. except one .. when the other team didn't turn up. (Serious)
South Morang is a lonnnnnggg way from Berwick unfortunately, but who knows!
Cheers

Old 05-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Rowdy_b64

Oh and Crawf,
Thanks for the grab from The Naked Gun (i think that was the movie wasn't it?) Never fails to put a smile on the dial !!
Old 05-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Crawf_

ORIGINAL: digitalimages

Adds a whole new meaning to "Something cool to slip into "

Gotta love it

Cheers,
Crawf
Old 05-10-2007, 10:01 AM
Crawf_

ORIGINAL: Rowdy_b64

Oh and Crawf,
Thanks for the grab from The Naked Gun (i think that was the movie wasn't it?) Never fails to put a smile on the dial !!
Rowdy,

No worries... yep it's definitely one of those lines from a movie that sticks with you

Cheers,

Crawf
Old 05-10-2007, 10:10 AM
Crawf_

Hi all,

I was out driving the other day when I heard Hoobastank's "The Reason" on the radio (BTW this is one of my all time fav music tracks) and I thought "that would make a great soundtrack to my r/c videos!!!!

So without further ado, I have produced another in my series of r/c videos, this time in the theme of ... "The Reason I love this hobby" ... and it can probably only be truly appreciated by one who has been intoxicated by the madness which is R/C Aviation[8D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnP49U9nYcE

Cheers & enjoy...

Crawf
Old 05-10-2007, 04:48 PM
dabvid

nice video crawf, some bits of the EF reminded be back when you showed us your first video. i was just abit groosed out about 3 minutes in.lol
regards,
dave
Old 05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Crawf_

ORIGINAL: dabvid

nice video crawf, some bits of the EF reminded be back when you showed us your first video. i was just abit groosed out about 3 minutes in.lol
regards,
dave

hehe thanks dabvid..... needed the gross-out to stop it being too soppy
Old 05-10-2007, 05:29 PM
ozrcboy

I love the tackle adjusting cameo at around the 3 minute mark - very nice.

Oz.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
tam popo

Crawf, you didn't tell me you had the op as well. Wifey said in northern hemisphere its usually on left, but obviously in southern hemisphere its on right! Her observation, not mine[8D]
Old 05-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Crawf_

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Crawf, you didn't tell me you had the op as well. Wifey said in northern hemisphere its usually on left, but obviously in southern hemisphere its on right! Her observation, not mine[8D]
TeePee

Maybe Wifey is looking a little too closely hehe ...

Cheers,

Crawf
Old 05-10-2007, 05:55 PM
tam popo

Crawf and everyone - her i a vid fro Maxamus from Dundee in little old Scotland, enjoy ://media.putfile.com/MY-F27-STRYKER-MK2
Old 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
tam popo

I'll try that agn -http://media.putfile.com/MY-F27-STRYKER-MK2
Old 05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
tam popo

http://media.putfile.com/MY-F27-STRYKER-MK2
Old 05-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Rowdy_b64

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Hi Rowdy and all! Can someone expain what the hell the Melburnian thing/issue is? is it politics, sport or intercity rivalry? Anyway, the Freedom - I take it you opted to by-pass the H/zone gear and install your own rx, esc etc - did the motor just drop in or did you have to access thru top of fuse . What size and make of b/less did you use? thinking of doing this on my Swift with Hyperion 2800k motor I have. Did you know you can fit Lipo to Spifire with no mods and no prob for esc. Take a look at page 9 in your manual regarding programming of "beeps", its same as Swift and a few other P/zone planes. There's also a guy called JohnCunningham (see "Official Aerobird Swift" thread who's invented a $25 gizmo to allow Lipo and brushless to be fitted to any P/zone model still using esc and TX/RX. Available on E-bay (good alternative and he's sold a few already). Dioch an vow (Welsh - goodbye and thanks)[8D]
Sorry Tam .. forgot to fill you in on the details you asked for yesterday.
All the Hobbyzone gear ripped out - a ply piece installed where the CB was mounted.
I put in a little 2410 TowerPro brushless from United hobbies together with an 18A esc and a little 630 Mah 3S Lipo (weighs bugger all).
I had to bugger around to create a mount for it. As the shape of the little brushless made it impossible to put in the fuse ..
best expressed with a photo, but I don't have one on my laptop .. yes I actually made it into work today! (They didn't miss me ...)

I will post a pic and vid tonight ... if I get time .. I have a window to stain!
Nice footage there mate .. I hear those strikers are devilishly quick! On modelflight.com there is a warning saying "these are not to be flown on the park .. to quick " Scared me off that for sure! Did you say you have 3 of these? All flying fit ??

I like it slow not fast .. and I like to do it in a park .. not at the field

Cheers
Rod

Old 05-10-2007, 08:18 PM
tam popo

Hiya Rowdy Rod! I like the fact that the set up is only 630Mah Lipo - the mounting (as you know) depends on the motor, theres some (my Hyperion) that slot straight in and bolt to the original bolt holes. Not done it yet but definately thinking about it. How did the wings hold up, they're not the firmest in the world. I think the wings are the problem with the swift, there's no camber underside to give enough lift! The stryker vid is by Maxamus from Dundee, very informative guy, knows his stuff and vid (he has one called "the best stryker video of all time" and it is! Its a take-off of WW2 Battle/Britain but it takes a while to load[8D] Strkers can be as fast as you want - from the box you know it will fly and well. B/less 60degree vert, add Lipo and its ballistic (thats not for me, I know my limitations). Pronoun da, davinyon (phonetic Welsh) Nightnight[X(][X(][X(]
Old 05-11-2007, 02:27 AM
tam popo

http://media.putfile.com/F27-STRYKER-OVER-THE-BEACH- One of the best from Maxamus! Enjoy mi amigos. Wifey calling, must go[&o][>:]
Old 05-11-2007, 05:25 PM
tam popo

Anybody! Having problem wiring up 2nd Stryker. First one OK with elevon mixer installed and raedy to fly. 2nd one esc beeping and servos occasionaly working but motor not working. Motor Ok, servos work, mixer not fitted yet to keep it simple but esc is a different one (30A) than Stryker one! Got 2 of these new esc and still get same result - nothing! I know power getting to esc cos it beeps and followed instructions for E-Sky 6-channel RX so it should be wired OK. Anybody any ideas. I'm pulling my hair out here (yes, I still have hair!!). Thanks guys[&o][:'(]
Old 05-11-2007, 08:06 PM
tam popo

Hiya, I think this is one for your expertise! The esc is a Tower Pro Mag8, the one you put instructions on your website. Followed all that programming stuff but still all I'm getting is the "music" tone, no single beeps etc. Also scanned the RCU pages and I am not the only one with problems - the advice they get is the info that you're giving out. Got a few more options to try tomorrow when wifey not here (its driving her bleeping mad!![&o])
just read a post on RCU where this American cous thought Croc Dundee was patron saint of Aus, Kansas was a state in Aus and Pennsylvania was where Dracula lived. And the dyxlexic planet of Zog is realy spelt Goz, KO!! Need my bed now, I'm bleepin tired!!i
Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 PM
digitalimages

Tam

The only thing I know about is making sure that the ESC knows what type of battery is attached. I'm not sure what the symptoms are if it doesn't know - just a thought

Cheers
Old 05-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Crawf_

Not a great day in Brisbane for a maiden flight.....
[]

Windiest places:
Queensland RUNDLE ISLAND 26 knots, SE
Queensland CAPE MORETON 26 knots, ESE
Queensland DOUBLE IS PT 25 knots, SSE
Queensland INNER BEACON 23 knots, SE
Queensland REDCLIFFE 22 knots, SSE
Queensland GREEN ISLAND 22 knots, SE
Queensland HAMILTON ISLAND 22 knots, ESE

Windless places:
New South Wales FORT DENISON calm, S
Victoria FAWKNER BEACON calm, E
Western Australia ESPERANCE calm, NNW
Victoria BAIRNSDALE 1 knot, SSE
Western Australia MELVILLE WATER 2 knots, SSW
Old 05-11-2007, 10:15 PM
ozrcboy

Hi Tam,

I'm afraid it worked first time for me so I haven't really played with it very much. Just reading through the notes again I spose the things to stress are:

Have the model (and TX) on with throttle closed
Disconnect battery on model
Leaving TX on put throttle in the wide open position.
Reconnect battery on model.

That's actually a pretty standard way of entering programming mode for brushless ESCs so it would be surprising if it didn't work but there you go.

If you find that your towerpro uses some other method perhaps let me know so I can update the blog.

Cheers,
oz.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:18 PM
ozrcboy

Sorry to hear about the weather in Brisvegas Crawf. Weather here in the Canberra has just been exquisite and we have a great mornings flying today.

BTW crawf, what are you maidening? Mini-mag or someting else?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Crawf_

ORIGINAL: ozrcboy

Sorry to hear about the weather in Brisvegas Crawf. Weather here in the Canberra has just been exquisite and we have a great mornings flying today.

BTW crawf, what are you maidening? Mini-mag or someting else?
Oz,

Yes it's the MiniMag.... all ready to go as soon as the conditions allow.... a little tamer than the AM I expect but with the BL motor, and ailerons, should still be fun!

I'm jealous of the weather but I guess we've had our share of good flying weather recently so it's only fair that you get some :-)

I think though if the wind drops to around 10Kts later today, I may just go ahead with the maiden anyway....

Cheers,

Crawf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.