Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread >

Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Anytime you make a turn you need some up elv..Also if it is new I would fly a bit higher.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:30 AM

almost every plane do a dive whe turning with the rudder. you can not apply more than 1 or 2 seconds in rudder. also apply just a little bit not compleye stick and you will see it will fly like a bird. this is the easyest plane Y ever flew . less airhogs,, use the rc simulator. you can free download the FMS and practice there before you next flight. let me know and I can send you tthe supercub model for the simulator
Old 12-30-2007, 12:51 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Zeta
They would probably work also. I used the aileron deminsions from SC proboard
Bill B
Old 12-30-2007, 01:03 PM

Pcolla1
Just like JD said you have to input some up elevator when making a rudder turn. Also make sure the plane is at least 3 mistakes high.

The manual also says to 200 ft high before using the ACT. I took the sensors out the first time I got an SC as they can give false sensings

Don't feel bad as all of use have been down that road at one time or another

Bill B
Old 12-30-2007, 01:44 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: pcolla1

bad first experience... crashed it twice the first time

I have had a bad experience with my new hobbyzone supercub I got for xmas. I put it together as normal, and I do have minimal experience with flying. This plane did not work out for me as many said it would. Maybe there is something wrong. everytime I got it in the air..and would turn the stick it would nose dive and crash. I broke the two propellers already, the wing struts, and cracked the nose plastic nose piece and damaged the wing slightly. I was so excited to get this plane..but has turned out to be a nightmare.

Any more thoughts of what could be wrong..
thanks
1. Make sure those Stock 7-Cell, 1000mAH, 2/3A size, Ni-MH's are fully charged. At times the Stock Charger gives a false Full charge indication especially if you set it at the higher AMP charge rate. If you charge the battery the night before and do not TOP IT OFF with the field charger then, you are esentially taking off with 87% of the battery pack capacity and the Voltage has demininshed over the night hours such that your model does not have the proper Propeller RPMs, this is most noticiable then you throttle up and there is no significant power increase.

2. I would measure your Stock 7-cell, 1000mAH, Ni-MH pack before flying your model, it should have at least 9.7 - 9.9 Volts, hence the Warning on the Battery pack to "keep warm before flight" means to TOP OFF your battey pack (Ni-MH technology).

3. Another item to look at is your Control Horn Settings......as a beginner you need them all the way at the very end of the control horn ...last hole away from the control surface!!! If you have them any closer it will give you too much reaction and the turns will be too steep and reason for your nose down. Try to check for these adjustments and when you fly her again, assuming you did check for items (1. & 2.) above....try turning the model nice and slowly as you possibly can...such that the turn will be gradual and the wing in turn will not lose so much lift. (this technique is used in gliders as you can very easily stall a glider coming in for a landing as they have lots of drag from the wing span and if you turn too hard the wing in turn will stall too quickly and blam!).

4. Once you gain altitude try to reduce your throttle some and now you can try to turn your model with a little more throw (quicker stick throw) at the stick as the model is now flying slower and thus it will react a little slower........slower flight means slower reaction on the control surfaces of course this only pertains to this specific model and airframe.

SUMMARY:

Try to have someone with a little more experience in flying RC airplane models (serious RC Flyer) next time you go out to the field.

Yes, this model with the heavier 2/3A cells and almost 5oz. of brushed 480 and gearbox upfront will require some UP Elevator in turns, however, if you are very gentle with the controls while turning you will see that the model would need very little of UP.

Best of luck next time!
Carlos[8D]
Old 12-30-2007, 04:46 PM

hey guys any1 here play online the G3.5 also where I can download cool models?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:22 PM

knife edge . com
Old 12-30-2007, 05:45 PM

Dax
Have you checked this out
http://www.rcuniverse.com/clubs/index.cfm
Bill B
Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: DaxFX

hey guys any1 here play online the G3.5 also where I can download cool models?
Here's a direct link to the Knife Edge Forums. There are tons of really cool planes posted there. The people that made them do excellent work. You can also D/L airfields too.

[link]http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=119[/link]

I've never joined an online game. Too afraid of looking like an idiot I guess.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:15 PM

here's a short video taken from my cub today... Probably kinda corny ( at least that's what my kids said)LOL! I used the Fly cam 1... http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...938&pr=goog-sl
Old 12-30-2007, 08:18 PM

forgot the email check! LOL!
Old 12-30-2007, 11:10 PM

savage 40, that's how I feel every time I fly my cub, like a Big Kid again. Nice video and good music, keep on flyin" and video'n.

mike
Old 12-31-2007, 12:10 AM

Newbie Observations

(1) the airplane will fly with the wing on backwards

(2) All the tips about using a hot glue gun for repairs are bad....The hot glue melts the foam. My low temp glue gun works OK...
Old 12-31-2007, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: savage 40

here's a short video taken from my cub today... Probably kinda corny ( at least that's what my kids said)LOL! I used the Fly cam 1... http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...938&pr=goog-sl
My Super Cub brings out the kid in me too. Need something to drop stuff, Savage40???

Get the aerial drop module for the kid in you. .. Parachutes, Streamer bombs, etc. (For the record, I'm NOT recommending dropping paint balls or Packets of Pop-It's for carpet bombing the pavement). I do not recommend flying over your spectators and dropping golf balls on their heads with the drop module either. Nor do I condone the use of the module for easter eggs filled with Flour. But some people have done things like that.

Like this guy. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecrw1KsjsWs
Old 12-31-2007, 09:06 AM

I know of the swap page and knife forum. but there are something else. Zeta why yoe are scare to fly online. (santa wont bring you presents) jjejejeje lol.. lets play. lets make a SuperCUB field full of moded SC. like the crup duster. the bi-SC .. lets have fun and chat and fly .

update in the Super Stick Cub.
I have 2 worrie. I will need the wing struts ? .... I will need any thrust angle?

no stick plane have thrust angle as far I know.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15934.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	838349   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57814.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	838350  
Old 12-31-2007, 09:21 AM

I love the operation egg drop VID. was awesome
Old 12-31-2007, 09:40 AM

Hi Guys, I'm new to this thread, been reading for a little while, you guys are alright, I like the way you think and after reading Sinai's disclaimer about dropping thing out of the sky and the video of the Dawn Patrol, I just had to post a pic of the Bomb Bay mod I did on a SC, talk about havin' FUN.....

mrmike

hope i posted the pic on here right, if not I will figure it out and post again, sorry.

Name:	Yw67823.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	838373  
Old 12-31-2007, 10:14 AM

hey that bomb bay looks awesome. how you open it? with the drop module magnet? and when in the sky how you closit? when it open that thing can work like a fin. how you deal with that. I just want to know because I like that idea for mine.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:30 AM

I know of the swap page and knife forum. but there are something else. Zeta why yoe are scare to fly online. (santa wont bring you presents) jjejejeje lol.. lets play. lets make a SuperCUB field full of moded SC. like the crup duster. the bi-SC .. lets have fun and chat and fly .

update in the Super Stick Cub.
I have 2 worrie. I will need the wing struts ? .... I will need any thrust angle?

no stick plane have thrust angle as far I know.
We can use the field that you made to fly in plus the SC with Aileron mods that nosedamage made.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:16 AM

hey that bomb bay looks awesome. how you open it? with the drop module magnet? and when in the sky how you closit? when it open that thing can work like a fin. how you deal with that. I just want to know because I like that idea for mine.
I am using a 6 ch radio with the "gear" servo operating the bay door. Have not noticed any problems in flight when door is open, I just don't leave it open very long after dropping "load". You can see some more pics and some info about it on my blog at...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=156406

when time permits I will post how I did it with more pics.

mrmike
Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 AM

Zeta:

the field I made is for preflight. the mypano file works also on G3.5 but I lost the original file . I will have to make a new one . soon will be for G3.5 too.

how we can play online. ho will be the host. give me your messenger so we can talk wen both online.

take a look at thw SWIFT aerobird thread to laugh at my crashes today. 3 in a week. first that cessna and now the swift and the phantom. glad my SC stay in home. no mayor problems just both main wings and v-tails in both plane, I got a extra wings for swift so is fixed now. and phantom have to wait,
Old 12-31-2007, 01:01 PM

Gerry, Richard, George, and Bill,

It was a very nice morning to share with all of you on the last day of 2007 and it was just "SUPER"

DEAD CALM and Cool....

Flew all my models and Gerry flew his plus we both helped a young boy with his RTF FIRE BIRD and Gerry flew it for him very nicely and guided him with some instructional flight time as well.

My Great Planes Fokker DVII flew very nice and for two flights along with my tiny super light GWS pico TIGER MOTH.....it was perfect for all models.

As you all can see my Hobby Zone SUPER CUB was in formation with the Buzzards while Gerry helped the young Boy with his FIRE BIRD. At one point, my Super Cub almost had a mid-air with a very large and heavy BUZZARD! Check out the pictures!

Name:	Ec88638.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	838499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57607.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	838500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm24081.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	838501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic85172.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	838502   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fr90701.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	838503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zq97918.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	838504   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vx46763.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	838505   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ts61934.jpg
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	838506  

Click image for larger version

Name:	On94928.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	838507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bo69328.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	838508   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx97543.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	838509   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yj44475.jpg
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	838510  
Old 12-31-2007, 01:02 PM

More of my Super Cub in formation with many Buzzards!

Name:	Om32558.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	16.9 KB
ID:	838511   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85392.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	838512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ot47425.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	838513  
Old 12-31-2007, 01:13 PM

Gerry,

You were correct....nothing like a fresh battery and I finally took your suggestion and used one of three APEX 3-Cell, 2000mAH, 12C discharge, Li-POLYs that we both bought at Esprit Model in Melbourne, Florida for a Cool $35.00 each!!!

What a difference! That Stock 480 Brushed motor and gearbox exploded with super performance and my Super Cub was almost in the low lying clouds with those Buzzards and exhibited a great rate of climb.

The fact that the battery pack is heavier does not take away it's ability to keep a HIGHER UNDER LOAD VOLTAGE and therefore equates to a higher RPM at the Propeller and at a lower Throttle setting!!

Thanks so much!

Carlos
Old 12-31-2007, 03:20 PM

Hanger3
Hip Hip Hooray!!! another SC modder . Welcome aboard
I like your bomb door mod

Mike did you put your Super Cub bomb door blog here for others to see? http://supercubclub.proboards78.com/index.cgi?

Bill B

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.