Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
 Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread >

Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 11:43 PM
cjg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hobby Zone "Super Cub" Thread

I made a "nut" for my 1 inch dubro tail wheel out of a small piece of solid plastic tube (used a piece of the spru from a model kit). Just cut it a quarter of an inch long, drill a small hole through it, and thread it on the axle.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:08 AM

Took dog to Park, Flew with Dog tethered to my belt loop. Dog would not allow the plane to come near enough to the ground to land. Each approach was met by an assault attempt from the dog. Finally landed and dog bit the wing. Bite marks on wing.

Why did I keep landing so close? Got used to landing toward myself. Plus I was trying to land on a walkway in the park. Dog had a field-day on every low fly-by as I aborted landing after landing. Finally said screw it and settled for a grass landing right over the dog's floppy ears and bent the landing gear with a nose-over.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91900.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	874658  
Old 02-10-2008, 02:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what you call great a ground defence. HA1!!HA!!!! So you really like the cub?? Going out for my first filght tomorrow AM at a local flying park. I am a newbie I have only flew the little air hogs and rudder control only. Is the plane as good as they say??? Giving up going to the track with the 1/8 buggies for flight time, who knows maybe get both in by the end of the day. Thanks. Eric
Old 02-10-2008, 02:26 AM

Sinai

Nice dog!

Hey, If the batteries in the transmitter are low will that have an effect on the plane's Flight? How long should you use batteries in the transmitter before you replace them with fresh ones?

Firebird
Old 02-10-2008, 02:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told ten flights or I think the Hobby zone radio will beep when the batterys get low. And there is the lights on the radio when they all don't light up then you need new batterys. This is what I have been told and have read , so douple check and make sure I might be wrong. Eric
Old 02-10-2008, 07:37 AM

Had alot better flight this time, nice slow motions on the stick and managed to do my first loop! Broken all my props now so I am on the lookout for some new ones!
Old 02-10-2008, 11:11 AM

Hey Sinai !! Cool dog , I have a Daucshund also , great dogs !
Any way , after I instlled the 2x14 ailerons I decided I needed more power so I went overkill and bought the e-flight 25 amp speed control and the 480 outrunner !! OMG this thig will hand launch STRAIGHT UP !! Was flying in 15-20 mph winds yesterday , good thing I have 3 CF rods in the wing or it would have snapped in half .

Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 AM

10x7 prop , this thing will do outside loops with the stock 7 cell pack , when I put the 11.1 2000mah lipo in it it is an absolute rocket .
I went over-kill on the motor thinking that it might not always stay in the Cubbie .

Old 02-10-2008, 11:25 AM

Wiener says he needs sunglasses for watching the planes !
Old 02-10-2008, 11:53 AM

Hi guys,
please can anyone tell me if the SC factory mounted ESC(-REC) is capable to drive a 600 class brushed engine ( Permax 600)?
Thanks[sm=confused.gif]
Old 02-10-2008, 12:00 PM

I think that motor would be way too heavy ?
Old 02-10-2008, 12:12 PM

my cub is tail heavy 'cause of some modifications/ overpaint so i need to compensate excess tail weight - about +6 onz on the cow i need to carry anyway...
Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM

I am still flying a stock SC except for larger wheels and reinforced u/c as per previous post.
Standard battery and motor, I have disconnected the act sensors and with the control arms on the end holes of the horns as per original setup instructions, I can do loop,immelman, tip stall manoevers no problem in either High or Low rate, but I cant get her to roll.
is it possible?
do I need to move the control rods to more inner hole?
Adwb
Old 02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Sinai
I tried my minipulse lg today and it worked perfect. No more bent wire landing gear. Worth the mod. I used Mr mugen's mod

Bill B
Old 02-10-2008, 04:19 PM

Rolls would be pretty much outside the Super Cub's capability. I'm stock with bigger wheels too. I put the LiPo battery in mine now. Under the right conditions, anythings possible. But the rudder isn't going to roll that plane normally. That's why the ailerons are popular modifications for a lot of members. I have a Parkzone Spit that gives me the roll-rush, and the Super Cub for a nice long flight full of touch-n-goes. I'm a sucker for sweet, smooth fly-by Super Cub action and feather-brushed landing attempts.

Imagine about 10 -15 feet of foggy mist over the frosty soccer field at 7:30am with the Sun just over the horizon shining up the field at you. Now, bring the Super Cub in LOW, and Slow East to West. As it floats in toward you, it's classic silhouette is framed by the mist it escapes out of. The Sun's rays warm your hands and you don't notice how cold you are because you're coming back around for a nice touch and go from the Soccer field to Left field, and then third base, over the Baseball diamond. Why stop at home plate? You're heading in a nice smooth left-hand bank about 10 feet off the ground toward 1st base and back into the mist again.

You land again for the final time. Battery is fine. Now look at the bottom of your wing on either side of the fuselage. Splatters of wet earth from the rolling wheels of your Super Cub on a baseball diamond's frosty morning infield. Nice. Proof you were there and you want to leave the dirt ON just to savor the memory. The Sun rises like a champion behind you as you start your day out right.

Frickin awesome. This Super Cub is so much fun. Stopwatch time: 20.5 minutes on stock set up. 1320mah Lipo in the battery cage.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:44 PM

hi evry1 , i have a spare lipo hanging about from onother battery. its a 3s 2100mah weight is around 170-180g can i put this straigh on the cub without mods , except making the battery fit.
Old 02-10-2008, 06:29 PM

my cub is tail heavy 'cause of some modifications/ overpaint so i need to compensate excess tail weight - about +6 onz on the cow i need to carry anyway... ??????????????????????????

WOW....Thats alot of weight for a .26 oc plane to start with.......

20 MPH wonds??????????

The wind was blowing 12-14 here today and I put the SC on my sidewalk just to see and it blew it backwards....
Old 02-10-2008, 07:50 PM

Yes , 20 mph winds , I`m too old to excaggerate . Got the mini DV recorder coming next week , I`ll prove it next time.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:28 PM

I believe it. I have had mine in worse. Not stock but it was in worse. I like windy day flying the best....esp if I have too much CA on hand
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM

I've been flying a couple weeks now, maybe 20 flights. I broke 1 prop, cracked cowl slightly. So far I'm impressed with how well it flies. I would just like a longer duration. I'm always aprehensive about being too far away from a final approach if the LVC cuts off the throttle.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Sinai

Imagine about 10 -15 feet of foggy mist over the frosty soccer field at 7:30am with the Sun just over the horizon shining up the field at you. Now, bring the Super Cub in LOW, and Slow East to West. As it floats in toward you, it's classic silhouette is framed by the mist it escapes out of. The Sun's rays warm your hands and you don't notice how cold you are because you're coming back around for a nice touch and go from the Soccer field to Left field, and then third base, over the Baseball diamond. Why stop at home plate? You're heading in a nice smooth left-hand bank about 10 feet off the ground toward 1st base and back into the mist again.

You land again for the final time. Battery is fine. Now look at the bottom of your wing on either side of the fuselage. Splatters of wet earth from the rolling wheels of your Super Cub on a baseball diamond's frosty morning infield. Nice. Proof you were there and you want to leave the dirt ON just to savor the memory. The Sun rises like a champion behind you as you start your day out right.
I'm impressed with your prose. I liked it. Are you a writer? One question though....what constitutes a frosty morning in Sacramento? 50 -55 degrees
Old 02-10-2008, 10:22 PM

I was flying in slight early morning fog , when I bought it in I had frost on the trailing edge of the prop . It was pretty cool .... actuallly it was frickin cold but You know what I mean .
Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 AM

I'm kinda new to the rc airplane world.I've been flying a hobby zone fire bird Phantom.It's easy to fly no crashes yet...I'm thinking of getting something larger and more power.What do you think of the hobby zone super cub for $159.99?I know a lot of you guys enjoy flying this bird,but are their any negatives I should be aware of?Such as launching it,will it pretty much fly out of hand,or do you need to really toss that sucker hard?If taking off/landing on runways is their any neg characteristics of the cub?I think this would be a good step up for me.Eventualy I'd like to start flying the park zone p-51.But will get to become a better pilot on the super cub.Look forward to hearing any advice on the SC.Thanks.Eagle.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:59 AM

ORIGINAL: eagle727

I'm kinda new to the rc airplane world.I've been flying a hobby zone fire bird Phantom.It's easy to fly no crashes yet...I'm thinking of getting something larger and more power.What do you think of the hobby zone super cub for $159.99?I know a lot of you guys enjoy flying this bird,but are their any negatives I should be aware of?Such as launching it,will it pretty much fly out of hand,or do you need to really toss that sucker hard?If taking off/landing on runways is their any neg characteristics of the cub?I think this would be a good step up for me.Eventualy I'd like to start flying the park zone p-51.But will get to become a better pilot on the super cub.Look forward to hearing any advice on the SC.Thanks.Eagle.
the super cub is much easy than the Phantom. you will love it. if you can handle the phantom without crash the SC is going to be very easy. no negative on SC found yet, only that does not have ailerons. if you are able with phantom you can jump directly to the trojan T-28 is an exellent plane as Super CUB with ailerons and more aerobatic. phantom is very fast in my opinion is faster than supercub.

I will recomended to you! go get your Super CUB,,, NOW !!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:46 AM

how can i delete a post ? duh ! this one

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.