Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

smashed p51, what to do with electronics?

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

smashed p51, what to do with electronics?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:21 AM
bbike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smashed p51, what to do with electronics?

hey guys, I have all the electrics to the parkzone p51 including 2 lipo's. After seeing the price they want for arf kits of parkzone planes, lol... well you get the idea, im not paying 140 for a kit that I could get rtf for 180. any ideas of another war plane.? any gws?
Old 02-18-2007, 11:29 AM
AJ1202

Default RE: smashed p51, what to do with electronics?

Go with the Corsair, it is one of the better handling war birds. your tronics should drop right in
might have to make a couple minor mods for the larger servo's but I think it would work out good. Just my 2 cents
Old 02-18-2007, 11:55 AM
patnchris

Forget the Parkzone tronics.....They are weird and do not work with anything else.....I just tossed out a bunch because they weren't worth the price to mail them.....It is unfortunate that you've discovered something we've all learned.....Pat
Old 02-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Mr. Mugen

My buddy made a flat foam plane with one of stock elet's sets out of one of my super cubs. It flies rather well and the elect's are working just fine. He may have a pic or thread started on it in the foamie forum.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:25 PM
bbike

well, unfortunatly my new opinion on pz is that its crap. Its great for what it is I guess, but I think that its overpriced and If I wanted somthing this size again, I would be much smarter to go alpha. what about the greatplanes corsair? just for a quick fix? thanks
Old 02-18-2007, 09:28 PM
patnchris

bbike,

Have you ever flown anything?......Pat
Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 AM
bbike

pat, I really don't understand your post. I have had nothing but poor experiences with the parkzone planes. I have however flown and watched a couple of buddies fly their typhoon and what a fun little plane that is. Wow that this is durrable. If I affended you in any way then I can honestly appologize. I have had about 50 flites on the p51 and I do think it was a fun flying little plane. I just did not care for the quality of the build, the way the two foam sides were simply taped together. I guess for the 160 dollar price tag I paid, it was a decent deal for a rtf plane. Just turned out to not be my cup of tee. I say this to every one else who flys pz. If you have had good luck with them, then great, continue to fly them. I think parkzones ideas are revolutionary to the r/c world. People, please don't let one persons poor experience (mine) voiced and act apon as an atack at you. If any were in my typings I insulted any one, then i am sorry. Pat, try to not be so simple minded, if I said somthing that upset you please don't make a critisism like you did, you are just instigating an argument. So please pat, lets try to be on good terms... ok. As far as have I flown anything, lol, yes I have pat, many many things. I am a private instructor here on Cape Cod MA, and have gotten many people interested in the hobby. Good luck and have fun.. Spence
ORIGINAL: patnchris

bbike,

Have you ever flown anything?......Pat
Old 02-19-2007, 12:01 PM
bbike

as far as my little knowledge of electrics, well its slowly gaining, I am still on the conversion from glow to electric. As stated earlier, would the gp corsair be a good mach for my equiptment? thanks, Spence
Old 02-20-2007, 06:30 AM
AJ1202

Spence the GP is most likely a better quality plane than the GWS so in my simple mind I wouldn't want to use the fragile PZ tronics in it, the GWS is cheap and easy to fix when and if crashed. I too question the quality of the PZ plastic frame foam skin planes, I have my second PZ-P-51 that I am yet to sucesfuly fly, I know many that fly it well, we are just of a few that can't,,, BUT I will say the tronics are not very forgiving to crashes as I have fried to sets now with minor crashes compaired to what my standard equip has taken to date, If you were to go with the GP Corsair don't sell yourself short by using the PZ stuff, it will most likely come back and bite you, for 20.00 you get the slope version of GWS and then the loss is small. Again just my 2 cents worth. I will also say unless it's just a warbird you want the Formosa is a excellent plane, fast,responcive and can glide quite nice wit a very low stall speed
Old 02-20-2007, 08:28 AM
bbike

thanks aj, if you already have the p51 don't give up on her, she will fly. are you using lithium or the nimh. get a lithium and apply 3/4 throttle and find a big hill when just learning, or what I did is stand in the back of my pickup (or in the trunk to my car, lol). I never had problems getting it up their, I just found it awkward with out any rudder, more so than other planes. idk, i just need to find another quick bird to pick up and fly.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:56 AM
patnchris

I wasn't offended in any way....I was just curious.....Please do not take anything I say in an offensive manner. It was definately not intended to be so. Sometimes the written word does not reflect the intent of the writer.....Sorry.......Pat
Old 02-21-2007, 02:06 PM
duaneh1

ORIGINAL: bbike

hey guys, I have all the electrics to the parkzone p51 including 2 lipo's. After seeing the price they want for arf kits of parkzone planes, lol... well you get the idea, im not paying 140 for a kit that I could get rtf for 180. any ideas of another war plane.? any gws?
Go to Horizion Hobby's website, you can get a p51 airframe for $70, or Focke Wulf for $80. or Stryker for $60. Thats all you need to get in the air again if you have all the electronics