Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 08:36 PM
nyflyer56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

Tim,
not quite sure what you are trying to show us on the heli
Old 07-26-2008, 08:42 PM
CaptainRandy

Scott,

Great News on the SS. I knew having your number in it would pay off. Way to go.

Lou,

I mentioned that Hobby King ad many times before, that it went to HC site, so what gives. If they are a paid advertiser, then why can't we use a link?

We made the fly in in Aug this year so those in college, and those with kids in school could attend. How's that working out? Any kids coming with the family?

A fly in at GG's new place or Mark's new place would only work in the Winter months for me at least. Too darn HOT in Florida in the Summer, and I'm not there anyway.

Maybe I could get the owner of the Hillbilly fly in field to use his field in the mountains. Already set up for it, and it's cooler in the Summer than most locations.
Old 07-26-2008, 09:47 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Randy, check out my post #15940. Mr HC needs to make Mr RCU happy is what it boils down to.

Phil, the lower linkage arm is upside down. This would cause major binding. It's now fixed and the Blade is what is going out next. I think Terry would have caught that. Everything on a heli is co-responding left/right. That linkage was one way.

2 more bug flights. I think that since I have gone to full rates I am using more battery. I have to think about that. The battery that puffed was OK tonight, but I have trust issues with it. Nothing exciting with the bug except that when I want to change a trick I have learned to add rudder. And usually a lot of rudder. I think the Bug is a gateway airplane to 3d planes.

Tim
Old 07-26-2008, 11:20 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK all the birds are in the hangars. My second to last "flight" was with the heli. I'm still in ground school with it. Sort of skimming with the training gear. Banks got interesting as I had the off-side in the air. Then a kid came over, he was inspired by the heli so I asked if he wanted to see a plane fly. Bug flight 5 of the day happened shortly after that. The kid liked the show, and I like flying for kids.

Tim
Old 07-27-2008, 12:39 AM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dang, everyvody went to bed. I got the eclipse today. I think it might be the first rung on the multiplex radio ladder. I know it is quite different from the Optic. Hmmm, what will be my primary radio? I really, really like the optic 6, but the eclipse may be easier to switch models on.

Tim
Old 07-27-2008, 12:40 AM
calvino

ORIGINAL: FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Dang, everyvody went to bed. I got the eclipse today. I think it might be the first rung on the multiplex radio ladder. I know it is quite different from the Optic. Hmmm, what will be my primary radio? I really, really like the optic 6, but the eclipse may be easier to switch models on.

Tim
im here, sounds nice, i still like the optic 6, man, now ive got a craving to fly my stick, can't wait to get the bird going again, im still considering an auto-gyro conversion or something like that[&:]
Old 07-27-2008, 06:17 AM
gunfighterII

Tim, Pappy,
I think the HC links are working again. The last one Ken posted, worked.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:42 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Scott, Dispare and then elation. WOW!!!! You Axis guys come up with some of the strangest excuses for getting out of battles.

Well P-38 is all boxed up for shipment. Transfered the pilot to the Corsair. Found a Pearl Harbor P-40 GI Joe for $5.00 at the "Can't live with out it store". Bummer had to amputate him to his pecs to fit in the bird.

Mac that would be great if you could hold round 3, would give me more time to set up the Winter field.

Ok nuf for now, I'm off to the field to do some more work, maybe even sneak in a flight.
Old 07-27-2008, 07:46 AM
gunfighterII

So who's on the allied team and who's axis? And what might I be?
Old 07-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

GF2,

Good question. I would assume I would be an allied guy, were I there. Then again, I would assume everyone would be an allied guy, but what fun would that be.

Tim,

Sounds like you are getting better at that heli. It takes time. I started with my T-Rex and crashed it a billion times before figuring it out.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:32 AM
ktaylor

ORIGINAL: gunfighterII

So who's on the allied team and who's axis? And what might I be?
Mac, as far as I can tell, Brad & Lou are allied, Ray, Pappy, & Scott are axis. Me I'm neither, I'm the nearsighted pilot who can't tell what side a plane is on & shoots first & asks questions later

Doug, I have the V-diamond ready to fly. I stripped the landing gear off of it & added a throw handle to the bottom so I can hand launch it. I'm using a Mega 16/15/6 motor (Lou gave me that motor a w long time ago, I think you sent it to him originally) with a 8x6 prop to start with. Only pulls 16 amps on 3 cell. & once I know the bird will fly, I'll probably switch to a 7x8 3 blade or a 8x8 prop.

Brad, remember the blitz? Well, last year after I got it home I repaired it & flew it & noticed the wings starting to form a big "V" & landed it. Hadn't touched it since. Thought I needed to beef up the fuselage. Well that wasn't it. The little box beams where the aluminum dowel goes into the one wing, they were both FUBAR & allowing the wing to flew really far out of whack. That put a bind on the elevator & stripped the elevator servo. I opened the wing up last night & re-built the spar boxes. Now I have to put everything back together. I'm also going to load the spar boxes up with epoxy when I put the wings together to help tie it all together. Should have that finished up today. Then I have to mow the dang grass...
Old 07-27-2008, 01:18 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Adam, I'm being really slow with the heli I think. I haven't seriously tried to hover yet. I'm still learning to coordinate my control inputs. I guess this is the right way to start since I'm getting comfy with it and, bonus not tearing up the heli. I'll try to find the heli school and link it.

Cal, I think I have a link to an auto gyro slow stick.

Tim
Old 07-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

3.20 am and this week i've got 5 free mornings. got up a bit early today, 2am and i'm not sure if my sake induced nap yesterday afternoon will count in addition to my 6 hours sleep last night, so i may be too tired for flying by 8am today. also it's raining now and the forcast is for thunderstorms, although the wind looks ok. i'd quite like to get some flying done this morning, not sure what i'd take, thinking of the formosa 2 plus the planes from the secret cupboard.

still haven't bought any planes for 19 days
Old 07-27-2008, 01:25 PM
rcverse

Hey Tim know you love that Bug......
found myself on the SPAD site by chance, and decided to browse again.... and came across the PBF....
Pizza Box Flyer.... it just a sheet of coro with elevons and power.... think it'd give very similar flight characteristic to Bug, and SPAD cheap, tough and simple........ http://www.spadtothebone.com/freeplans.htm........ even the hingeing system for Coro, in the misc section....tough and simple
Couldn't get much simpler, ........now if just came in Self Rising Crust........
Old 07-27-2008, 01:35 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

Jim, I'll bookmark the site. The pbf seems like a good plane.

Here is the heli school. I guess I shall be doing some reading. http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

Tim
Old 07-27-2008, 01:35 PM
rob737

doug........picking up your slack on the purchases. couldn't get edf-s off the brain, so i ordered an l-39 last night (not the crap riccs one). here's where i bought it: www.snhobbies.com
here's the plane: http://www.snhobbies.com/product_inf...roducts_id=392

figured i learned a bit while destroying the mirage, wish me luck with this one! rob
Old 07-27-2008, 01:46 PM
Airbourne in Japan

good luck with the albertross Rob. the starfighter looks interesting, but $269, although big and probably 400 watts on 4s. however, if i ever get round to building my x-flight and het rc arf d/f jets, i'd get the het rc one, but that could be years away. i need 700-900 watts for edf's
Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 PM
five-string

ORIGINAL: Glacier Girl

Scott, Dispare and then elation. WOW!!!! You Axis guys come up with some of the strangest excuses for getting out of battles.

Well P-38 is all boxed up for shipment. Transfered the pilot to the Corsair. Found a Pearl Harbor P-40 GI Joe for $5.00 at the "Can't live with out it store". Bummer had to amputate him to his pecs to fit in the bird.

Mac that would be great if you could hold round 3, would give me more time to set up the Winter field.

Ok nuf for now, I'm off to the field to do some more work, maybe even sneak in a flight.

Do tell! Somebody has some wheels a-turnin'. Let's schedule the first Winter Fly-in for.......say........November. Yeah, November should be good.

Oh, and I will come help you prepare. Here's my 'new' mower...

.....before anybody asks, the backhoe comes off and a 5' brush hog mower goes on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94164.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	998721  
Old 07-27-2008, 02:34 PM
nyflyer56

Nice Ho/ mower! I need one of those toys, lol. any chance of you making the trip to the fly in? Bread delivery perhaps?

Guys,
I sent a friend of mine that "walter for Prez" link that Ken Posted. He is a fan of Jeff Dunham as well, and he sent this one back to me. If you thought he was funny, you will find that he is our kind of guy as well. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCepNGDZ5vs
Old 07-27-2008, 02:42 PM
calvino

Cal, I think I have a link to an auto gyro slow stick.
thanks, it sounds like a neat conversion because it slows it down big time, i was thinking of making some 'wings" from depron foamcore stuff, and the "blades" from it also, should be a neat idea, or just make one for the next indoor fliers meet, ill see how flying the stick without the autogyro conversion works and then ill decide if i will do it. OK, i had this idea for our School's science fair, using gyros on the x and y axis to smooth out a plane (slow stick.... other slow fliers) in windy conditions for beginners, AP stuff.... things like that, what do you guys think of it, i was going to use like a data logger to track the pitch... of the plane, for me i would think it maybe helpfull when the conditions aren't perfect but i still want to fly[8D]
Old 07-27-2008, 03:44 PM
export!

Well if it isn't one thing it's another.....

As you know I got the SS back and the battery is even showing signs of life (more on that later).

Now my computer puked. I'm on the wifey's computer trying to create a rescue/boot disc that will allow me to mount and access my current hard drive. Might work. If not I have other tricks to get into that hard drive.

*sigh*

Mac - the Axis team is more likely to tip a few after each daily victory.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:31 PM
Airbourne in Japan

looks like showers this morning, so i think i'll give flying a miss this morning. the weekend, of course, was glorious weather hahaha NOT[:@]
Old 07-27-2008, 04:32 PM
nyflyer56

Calvino,
THe Gyros would work well. the only thing you must realize is that in a lightly wing loaded aircraft, the gyros could hold it steady, but sufficent wind would still blow it around or away. WE flew a SS in 30+ mph winds, but it was over powered, and heavily balasted by using a very large batt, pack. I could hold it steady, hovering in the wind, (with full power), but the wind was still literally flapping the wings. Had they not been so beefed up they surely would have folded. Lou was there and saw it as well.

I other words you need an aircraft with the ability to penetrate / fly in the wind to begin with, then the gyros would make corrections to make it smooth and gentle.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:48 PM
AJ1202

OK just a quick note, gotta get busy loading stuff
I did finaly finish the SU-27,
here's a couple pics of the new look, remember this was wifey's idea on the color scheme
I think she did OK
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50691.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	998891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61228.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	998892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44952.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	998893  
Old 07-27-2008, 05:21 PM
ktaylor

AJ, looks good, hard to tell that's a foam plane.

I have the Blitz pretty much finished up. Just have to solder connectors onto a new ESC for it (I borrowed the one out of it for my canard plane). Also need to solder one up for the Formosa 2 since it has a problem with intermittent throttle response.

Now for the bad news. I was mowing the grass, hit something & thought I heard a thunk from my truck. Figured that it must have thrown a rock into my truck tire. About 5 minutes later the neighbor's mom comes out to go home, closes her drivers door & the back passenger window falls into the car. I'm guessing the thunk I heard was the rock spider webbing the window. SO now I gotta find a new window for a 2004 Ford Taurus & install it before I leave for the fly in. If I don't make it on Saturday it's cause I'm probably installing it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.