Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Badius Owners Club III

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 09:43 PM
CaptainRandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Badius Owners Club III

I thought we got rid of this guy.

Chatting with him is what he wants. Next thing you know he will be on this thread, and that will be bad.

IMHO, I think we should not encourage conversation with this nut case.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Stingray69

Ah jeesh, now I'm going to have foil the kitchen too. THanks Ken. [sm=72_72.gif]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76265.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	1020852  
Old 08-27-2008, 09:48 PM
gunfighterII

Moving on to bigger and better things,

Scott,
Would you like me to send that Husker video so you can get fired up for Saturday? I see an ESPN writer has picked your game as one of the seven big upsets this year.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
ktaylor

deleted, I've had enough of RCU
Old 08-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Loubud

Send it Mac.
Those Canadias need a wuppin.

Canadia,
Send me your addy. See if you can eliminate a couple dozen zip code numbers.

Sray,
Elaine and I are rolling on the newly foiled floor.
Elaine hasn't seen the Hobby Lobby sale yet. It's a surprise.

Kate,
Shave your head yet? It's required to wear those robes. And hand out some roses for cash.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:02 PM
nyflyer56

Lou,
Ken doesn't need a robe. he can dig out his glow stick shirt from last year and start rolling around doing the Glow stick dance.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:11 PM
Loubud

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Forgot about that.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:15 PM
ktaylor

Old 08-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Stingray69

Unrelated helpful hint

If you ship alot and have a paypal account with mula in it. (that helps). And have a scale. You can print and pay for shipping on non-ebay items too. Just use this link, log in, and fill in the ship to addy. Saves you from standing in line at the PO. If you have a nice mailman, he'll take it from your door since it's prepaid. Put the link in your favorites

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

Old 08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
ktaylor

Old 08-27-2008, 10:37 PM
Stingray69

Dammit Ken. I had to un-foil my keyboard just to say.

Yes
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 PM
export!

ORIGINAL: gunfighterII

Moving on to bigger and better things,

Scott,
Would you like me to send that Husker video so you can get fired up for Saturday? I see an ESPN writer has picked your game as one of the seven big upsets this year.

It's getting closer...... closer I tell ya. We could actually have a really good, competitive bet this year re: most wins.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 PM
export!

Lou I'll send ya my US mailing address ya whiner!

thnx
Old 08-27-2008, 11:02 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK, I'm done with Rich for now. I want him to figure out the idea of Maoist theology, that crap got millions killed in s.e. asia and China. Abetted by some over here.

On a more uplifting topic, the SSX is now screwed together. Since I have extra SS parts I added a dedicated radio saddle. Can anyone guess why I placed it where I did? I also added a "straw" from a dead can of air to the dragger. Oh and bridged the saddles so that I have a solid point of contact for the esc. The plane has 3 secret servos, a 2410-09 motor, a turnigy esc(the easiest to work programing card ever), a 10x8 prop, and an EVO 3s1345mah20c battery. Tomorrow will be a radio gear hook up and program the radio. Someone recommended 30% rates[X(]. Is that ailerons or all around?

OK pics.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19126.jpg
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	1020883   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61797.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1020884   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af88347.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1020885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nh11782.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1020886  
Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

i agree with Randy, i think you guys should be careful over on the other thread, remember what this guy is like. i can't even be bothered to read his posts, but i'm happy for him that he's found some likeminded nutters

my wife said there's a campsite here just out of the city, near the airport, so i'll be heading there next year, plus there's one at a place called Lake Tazawako, which is where the nearest decent ski field is, so that may be our summer holiday next year. next august i'm spending 2 weeks camping

plane delivery is being staggered. the P.O. tried to deliver my wooden aerobat from Taiwan this morning, but i was out teaching English. this afternoon they should be round before 3pm with my rtf pitts from hc, which i'll build when i finish CAMPING () and one other delivery is out of customs and should come tomorrow when i'm out SETTING UP CAMP and one more is still in customs, making a total of 5 planes. i think that's it until next year now as money's getting tight plus i still have over 130 to build hahaha
Old 08-27-2008, 11:43 PM
export!

Looks good Tim.

It is pretty responsive but honestly, if you know what you're doing you can keep it under control. I might either connect the elevator mechanically at less than full throws or dial some EPA into it but other than that you should be able to fly it as is.

After a few flights I was increasing my aileron EPA past 100%

Scott
Old 08-27-2008, 11:49 PM
FERNDALE AIR FORCE

OK, I found the cause of the missing posts. Overly full cache.

Still no guess as to the rx placement? OK, here's a hint, the saddle is under the wing.

Tim
Old 08-28-2008, 01:18 AM
rcverse

Hey Tim
yeah that Swift wing should make a good sloper..... and do like the price..........
The old Air Rachet "wing" my buddy gave me was EPP with balsa elevons and coro winglet spoilers on a 5' wingspan..... it was really responsive as he had the throws set, .....too much for my slow thumbs, so had him reduce the throws for me.... then I really liked it.... big and easy to see and really climbed out on the lift..... as I flew it later I noticed I had a tendency to tip stall it.... just flying it too low and slow with the fog on the deck.... but after several crashes popping the tape hinges, I found the wing covering was pulling loose along the TE.... and the more I looked at it the and peeled off loose heatshrink covering, the more I realized how much work it'd take to restore it and decided easier to start fresh..... It's had a rough life as a combat wing.... the internal basswood spars were cracked in the nose, and a heavy sheet of poly plastic was about all that kept the EPP nose intact, the servos in place, and the five 20 gauge slugs, that were used for nose weight..... time for some fresh meat........

So my next "wing" will likely be a Swift, though I do like the 5' wingspan..... can get a lot higher and farther out there without losing orientation and with some room for my slow response.... I've thought about the 100" Windrider wing but its twice the price.... think I'll hammer $40 for a while......

I think the flat dihedral made the Windrider Pro glider harder to fly than the AB or Skyhawk were, but that 10" dihedral on the new SS is ridiculous..... definitely make it tough to fly inverted but suspect hard to even get it to fly straight..... I'd think 2" would be plenty... it does autorotate pretty good though....

later guys
Old 08-28-2008, 01:38 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

just got my pitts from hc and it looks really good, epo on a plane other than a jet with a pointy nose isn't so bad. it much larger than my tiny cox christian eagle so fits in nicely with the rest of the fleet. also it's actually made by robbe in Germany and i remember looking at it a while ago and they sell it for a lot more than hc's $139 pnp. gonna build it (as such) in a couple of weeks
Old 08-28-2008, 04:51 AM
gunfighterII

Scott,
Sounds interesting! Were hoping we can scrape out at least 7 wins, maybe 8, anything more than that would be a miracle.

And we fired a coach with 9 wins, figure that one out!

I'll study your schedule. What would you wish to bet?

There calling it a top choas game, it's on Fox sports,
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/pgStory...&photo=8490308
Old 08-28-2008, 05:07 AM
AJ1202

Rob good to hear the planes are flying well again

Tim nice move

Mac I wasn't suggesting you not remark or respond,, I was just pointing out responding to that type of rerdderick is like playing tennis with a ball made of silly putty attached to a bungy cord
No matter how hard or straight forward or accurate you hit it it is going to came back and be messed up more when it comes back than when it left.

I have my own thoughts on this but I find it's not worth my time
If it's being kept on a thread with those that choose to accept it then that's where it should stay

SRay LMAO

Ken now that's just mean

Brad how much were those smokers, I can get the ones I had for about 4.00
I still need to try it and see how it does
maybe after our trip I will hook it up on the magister and just try it out, I'll get some vid
Old 08-28-2008, 07:53 AM
TerryE
My Feedback: (12)

Anybody know of heavy duty SS wing saddles?

The little pegs that you hook the rubber bands on to keep the wing on keep breaking off...would be nice to find some metal ones.

Anyone?

As far as MWTVS.... the lunacy continues

Hi Mike!!! Where are you??
Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Dam, first I thought it had ended. I couldn't get logged on this morning, and thought MW had nuked us. Nuff said.......................

SCOTT, Nice Avatar!!!!!

AJ they were $3.60 each.

What else? Tim, I unlike the Flying Cunuk, was using 30% aileron, but like he said, once you get the hang of the quick responces you can dial it up.
A 10x8 prop you'll probably find is going to be way too fast. Maybe switch to something like a 11 x 4.5 or 3.8 Mine set up just like that would go vertical on launch. Even with the floats on it.

Oh my FOKKER showed last night. Box looked like UPS ran over it. BAS TURDS!!!!!
Jean said she knew something was up when the driver didn't ring the bell like he normally does. He just dropped the box and ran.[:@]

Anyhow, prior to UPS, it was like a brand new bird. Even Jean remarked "What a cute little airplane" [X(]

After UPS, the upper wing took a beating, I had to repair four of the ribs, and recover the center section last night. Oh well. She's nearly 100% ready to go.

Phil is your's is anything like the quality of this one, you need to get it built.

Lastly, the messages from RCU, P/P, and CC company worked. ALL my money is back in my P/P account, from the scammer.

Hmmm, thinking about next years dog fights. How bout we go old school. WWI fighters.

I think that would be a very "motivational experience of modeling" having WWI Park flyer birds dueling it out in the sky.

To bad other then the Camel, the Axis boys have all the nice birds. Hmm, maybe a captured Tri-wing with rondells.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:01 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: TerryE

Anybody know of heavy duty SS wing saddles?

The little pegs that you hook the rubber bands on to keep the wing on keep breaking off...would be nice to find some metal ones.

Anyone?

As far as MWTVS.... the lunacy continues

Hi Mike!!! Where are you??

Terry they weren't designed to hold 300 rubber bands. On the SSX's they just use aluminum tubes that you glue to the standard pegs. Would be easy enough to make your own. You only need 8 bands on an SSX.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:03 AM
gunfighterII

Speaking of the tri-wing..... Ken we need to talk, I'm going to have to apply some harsh reality.

Brad,
I thought the same thing this morning, if that happens, all bets are off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.