Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 01:06 AM
maiden-crash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Not worth it...
Old 12-05-2008, 01:30 AM
The_Mongrel

MC - You are wasting your time mate!!

News will get around that we are at RCG now, so don't stress. Easy enough to search for the Australian BBQ there.

Cheers
-J
Old 12-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Dad_Roman

ORIGINAL: Loubud

OZ,
Very well put. I must agree that this sudden change in attitude at RCU is a bit perplexing at best.
The Badius Owners thread is all but dead. A few have stayed on to help those that still need help. I'm assuming that when you said 2 threads were run off by RCU that you included us as the other thread. If not, make that 3 threads RCU seemingly enjoyed harassing till they left.

Ditto with the Twist thread...[:'(] <-(never get to use that guy)
Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 AM
MrCricket89

Hey there guys, long time since I've dropped around for a visit, unfortunately im in need of help.
I bought a new stryker f27c the other day and my first two flights resulted in serious ballooning of two of my lipos. Me, being a stupid bugger, didn't realize that they had fixed the prop on back-to-front in the factory. I turned the prop around but don't want to risk another lipo yet until I get your opinions. Could the backwards propeller just have caused the motor to struggle and draw more current from the battery which caused the ballooning... Or could it be something more sinister? The flight times were about 10minutes and the batteries are 25-50C 2200mah Ewatts- Crappy brand. But the plane is factory standard as of yet....

Anyone seen any good online deals on 2200mah lipos?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 AM
downunderdog

The BBQ boys have moved on over to RCG due to poor treatment by the moderators here. I think that if I were to post the url, this message would be deleted. They're in the regional forum over there the last I checked. I created a userid there, but it's too much trouble going back and forth between forums (and too much to read).

Not sure if a backwards prop would cause a Lipo to puff... did it fly with the prop on backwards? Were you at full throttle all the time?

If you don't want to create a userid over there, you might try one of the other forums here (I think that there's a "power system and battery" area somewhere here), as this thread seems to be pretty much history.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:17 AM
Dub

Does anyone know why there seems to be such a price difference between mode 1 and mode 2 Spektrum DX6 TXs? Most sites Ive looked at have anywhere up to $50 difference
Old 02-17-2009, 01:53 AM
dunbar58

Hi guys, I'm here in Brisbane and I'm getting back into hobby after 20+ years and moving to electrics. I have looked around and there seems to be a huge range of engines out there at all prices. I understand the concept of the Kv rating but obviously the prop will have an effect on current/amps which I am still trying to come to grips with. Before I go and buy a engine/esc/battery/prop combo I figure you guys have already sussed these motors out and was hoping someone can recommend to me if ewatt motors are any good and if so what setup - ewatt engine, esc (make/size?), battery (lipo size) and prop size would be recommended for a home-made epp 30-35 inch high wing trainer? regards
mark
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 AM
downunderdog

I responded on your thread over in the brushless motor forum.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 AM
drunkenbushman

sad to see this thread end like it has.

RCU, what have you done.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:07 PM
The_Mongrel

You can blame the mods for the death of this thread. Mr Lightfoot pushed to the point where the members gave up.

We have a new home now, and its humming along nicely - Thank you very much!

Cya
-J
Old 03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not exactly sure why this entire thread was dumped into our holding tank. I just caught this tonight as I have been very busy trying to program and improve the site here and could not follow the forums closely the last few months. I see a few small issues here or there but nothing to warrant some of the deletions or certainly not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I know many of the posters here left in frustration and for this I apologize. I was late in finding this and can only try to fix this as best as I can now.

I will also be moving the other thread back. These should all be available for the members to search and browse. Alot of time by the members was spent posting in them and lots of valuable information. I really regret not seeing this sooner as I could have given some direction on how to better handle this.

Marc
Old 03-11-2011, 05:02 AM
drunkenbushman

Any of us still post here?