Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Andrew86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Hmmm I was looking back through pages trying to find out what boat TMC was referring to. Now I know.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 PM
bleary

Apparently it doesn't exist anymore
Old 12-01-2008, 11:50 PM
BERTRC

I dont understand why it was deleted, it was bought as a recovery unit for float planes he stated that. So there for it is RC plane related

One of you guys (Woodsy I think) had a Flycat, I seem to remember you had trouble with it, was it major ?
I have wanted one for a while and am now building
I intend to run a 3500kv inrunner with a 4.5 x 4.5 prop and prolly a 1500mah 20c battery
It should hike along but I cant remember what the fauls were that had been found.

Bert
Old 12-02-2008, 12:28 AM
Woodsy

[X(] bloody hell that disapeared quick[&:], i'll wait till i get some pics of recovering planes with it at Hazelwood pondage before i post again may be that'll keep the mods at bay.

i was actualy half serious, one of the places to fly float planes is also a great ski spot, and being the cooling dam for one of the power stations it's at about 25c all year round.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en...071786933,,0,5

Bert, it's Rowdy who has the flycat
Old 12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
EDFjet

Yesterday I maidened the Katana i got from Woodsy. Flew really well, i really like it. Havnt flown 3d in 3 years, and have only flown twice since july, so i sucked. Got about 6 minutes of footage on video. Will post it on youtube when i have a few minutes.

Thanks Woodsy, will be buying off you again soon
Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 AM
geoffviper

deleted
Old 12-02-2008, 12:45 AM
geoffviper

deleted
Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 AM
geoffviper

deleted
Old 12-02-2008, 12:56 AM
tmc_2

BERTRC
i had a fly cat too with the edf set up, had isseus making it balance as the wires for the esc where not long enough to ge tthe body of the esc far enough forward.
I could only fit a 1300mah 3s in there too. Whe i did get it to fly it was really fast! you need to make sure u build it as lite as you can or you have to come in too fast for landing, too slow and it drops like a rock! I made the mistake of painting my whole thing, should have just used the supplied stickers for colour.
On the set up you mentioned with a pro it should be a real rocket!
Old 12-02-2008, 01:10 AM
Budmulla

Gosh i cant believe that post was deleted! It was a wooden boat! Built with techniques not too dissimilar to constructing a balsa plane!
In the past ive not been %100 sure that a move to another forum would be the best move, but with these constant interruptions to open discussions im now all for it!

Like gee delete a post about a boat???? That just seems ridiculous to me.
I enjoy the open discussions ... mostly its 90% plane talk .... the other 10% is just happenings in life.

If one member had an accident or something major happened in their life like a new job or a major purchase i wouldnt mind reading about it to offer my support or congratulations ect.

Woodsy that was a great looking boat!

Mods, your heavy handed tactics seem way over the top... get a life and let others discuss theirs!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:37 AM
maiden-crash

I have a feeling if this battle between mods and posters keeps up this whole thread may cease to exist... Lets kindly ask the mods to be a little nicer?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:08 AM
bleary

There must be one particular mod doing this.Who are you and why are you doing what you are doing?
Some sort of official information would be polite I think,rather than the sneaky feeling way that you are going about things.
Delete if you must,but have the bollocks to say why and put your name to it...every time too thanks.
Or better still,go away please.
Bleary.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:09 AM
clovus

Ha,

Already tried tactfully MC and met with a stony wall of silence. Funny all this talk about float planes.... I drive past a big lake everyday, this morning it was glassy smooth. I thought about putting floats on the GWS Big Tiger Moth but I'm just not keen on the idea of getting in there to retrieve something after the obligatory dodgy landing.

clovus
Old 12-02-2008, 03:11 AM
clovus

Hey Bleary,

You fly with a few of the PA Guys? Do they really use Blue bird servo's?

clovus
Old 12-02-2008, 03:20 AM
bleary

Clovus,
one guy I know has some sort of connection to em and I think he uses them..bit wary of saying what he uses as I am not 100% sure,but from what I have seen and heard I would rather use a 65...proven servo,though saying that I stripped the rudder servo on the addiction the other day(it was a 65hb) I like the way they centre.Not sure what the deal is with PA and the BB servos and trolling thru the web you get a heap of bullflap on em,sounds like they work pretty well for a lot of guys but the few stories(including yours) that I believe have me thinking that my $$$ plane is gonna have Hitecs as they are proven.and work.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:25 AM
bleary

Still light over here in the west so gonna go chuck the foamy around for a bit.
Later (if I aint banned...[:'(])
Bleary.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:31 AM
tmc_2

Bleary when i have had a hitec strip its normally after a good few months of use or a crash ro something stressfull.
Id get those blue birds out asap!
Old 12-02-2008, 03:33 AM
The_Mongrel

MC - The last time we asked for an explanation it was because it was not RC related.

SO... Basically now MC, I can't even ask you how you are, as it may be seen to be non RC related and get deleted. I have been hanging at RCG for a while and we can chat about anything, as long as the majority of the thread is RC related.

We after all a bunch of guys who have ultimately become friends, and friends talk about more than one topic.

I have had just about all I can take from these mods, and am on the verge of following Crawf and abandoning the thread. It annoys the crap out me.

I would like to know WHAT DIFFERENCE it makes that Woodsy decided to share his excitement about his new boat with some of his mates. What lick of difference does it make to this thread??

AND THIS FROM THE SUPPOSED LAND OF THE FREE.

YEAH RIGHT!![>:]

WHERE IS THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH MR MODS??
Old 12-02-2008, 04:35 AM
clovus

It looks like we are on a one way trip to hell (or being banned).

my 2c,

If anyone gets banned I'll be following.....

Here's my email just in case: [email protected]

clovus
Old 12-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Budmulla

Just came back from the first flight with my cessna in about a month.
I had re-manufactured the front nose wheel leg and removed all the spats and fitted a new motor after the last one bent a shaft.
Got to the airstrip at about 8pm (light fading fast) and got it ready to go. Put the flaps down hit the throttle short take off and away i wemt.
Flaps off and i started getting the feel for it again. I did seem to need some down elevator and it was rolling out of the loops for some reason.
Attempted one loop from a little far out and i lost orientation due to the low light.
It was up high enough but as soon as it went to go there was no going back and into the ground it went!! Big puff of dust and im thinking ... damn this wont be good!
Went over and checked it out ... damn motor shaft is bent again!!!
Bent the landing gear including my freshly fixed front nose wheel.
Wings seem fine, cowl has a slight bruise but nothing major, in all it should fix up ok.

Now its not as pretty as the new bird i once had i look forward to trashing it!

So with the crash im right in the mood for a rant!

Yeah I think nice had been tried, I don't usually get into these debats but im a little gobsmacked by the whole thing.
I wonder if there is a super mod that could bring this rouge mod into line?

I was a regular at a site www.worth1000.com where i entered the photo and photoshop competitions. They have a tightly controlled forum ... i say tight as in they did not allow people to beg for free work to be done, no talk of free software and wareez stuff, no flame wars, religious and political debates were not encouraged.

Basically you could say what you wanted with in reason, but if oyu stepped out of line too far or were an idiot you would get a polite warning and maybe the post would be deleted or edited for the offending bit.
There were main mods and then jurors both of which were regulars on the site and in the forums anyway.
The site is a pleasure to be a member of, the fact that idiots are controlled gives it a nice family friendly/community vibe.

Ive been to other sites that are full of people insulting other people and the like and they don't interest me (i go to Yahoo Karaoke Fight Room if i wanna abuse people).

I was happy to find this thread had a similar vibe, i think it's very well self policed there have been heated debate's and differences of opinions but at the end of the day it works out ok.

Off topic chat does build a sense of community, its what people come back for and stick around for and it will attract others.
The long term members of this thread should feel proud of the wonderful thread that they have helped to create.
As mong mentioned, freindships are made by people who share a similar passion.

To think they are not allowed to discuss other passions they may share with others to me seems like a tragedy for not just the individuals involved but the thread and the hobby as a whole.

Imagine going to a rc club and they chipped you if you started talking about motorbikes or cars with another club member.... the club would soon not have any members.

Same thing applies here.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:06 AM
clovus

Totally agree Bud, I guess we have kinda become friends.... So.....

As a founding member of the BBQ (Some people never get the hint the party is over and to go home, huh!) I've started a new thread, where we will be moderated by a fellow Aussie, and a nice bloke.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post11054178

The only catch is threads drop off quickly at RCG..... I get on here to talk stuff, sometimes RC related, sometimes not and that is cool, Lately I feel Big brother is watching over my shoulder and I catch myself from posting comments and have started to become a bit blase about the BBQ. Time for me to push off ..... Someone quote my post as I think it will be deleted so others can read it....

Good bye old thread, it was fun while it lasted.

Clovus
Old 12-02-2008, 05:28 AM
The_Mongrel

ORIGINAL: clovus

Totally agree Bud, I guess we have kinda become friends.... So.....

As a founding member of the BBQ (Some people never get the hint the party is over and to go home, huh!) I've started a new thread, where we will be moderated by a fellow Aussie, and a nice bloke.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...4#post11054178

The only catch is threads drop off quickly at RCG..... I get on here to talk stuff, sometimes RC related, sometimes not and that is cool, Lately I feel Big brother is watching over my shoulder and I catch myself from posting comments and have started to become a bit blase about the BBQ. Time for me to push off ..... Someone quote my post as I think it will be deleted so others can read it....

Good bye old thread, it was fun while it lasted.

Clovus
Done!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:52 AM
bleary

Yep,I have had enough,I'm off to RC GROUPS
Bye Bye RCU,shame one moderator idiot had to spoil a good thing.Probably the same one who wrecked the Badius thread.
Get a life mate.
Bleary.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:14 AM
The_Mongrel

In the words of one famous Scottish fellow.... Arm oooot o ere!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 AM
Budmulla

Adios

Kiss My ARF!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.