Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 03:53 PM
EDFjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Australian Barbeque and Beers Part V

I stopped getting mine. What i did was typed in www.rcuniverse.com into the address bar, and an email confirmation system came up. Filled in my email address, then entered the confirmation word, and it was good as new
Old 10-19-2008, 04:07 PM
clovus

Is that an unopened box under the table Bleary?

clovus
Old 10-19-2008, 04:14 PM
VeeAte

Forget above post. Just mucked around on the sim for half an hour and no problems.

Weird.

Will pull the back off and have a quick peak at the trainer plug today to be sure.

Dunno if its an aerobatic move or not, but I love giving full throttle and take the trainer vertical then cut the throttle off to cause a vertical stall. Just as it stalls hold full up elevator and right aileron so it flips nose down and spirals.

Looks awesome hehe.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:22 PM
Woodsy

ORIGINAL: tam popo

Bleary - you said Bert had a New Timer. Is that the one made by Cermark? In stock form it has a 480 brushed and its £60 here, but thats the sort of plane I'm loking at next. Whats Bert opinion of it??
Tam, the Cermark new timer is a fantastic little plane if you want something nice and relaxing, i flew one about 4 years ago brushed on 7 cell NiMim and had great flight times, converted to a low Kv brushles and 2 cell lipo it would be even better.

Now guys as i cant help myself i've organised another deal with a suplier, this time Plantraco http://www.microflight.com i'll be placing first order at the end of the week if anyone wants to try micro flight.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:35 PM
VeeAte

They look cool as Woodsy!

I like the fact you can get the TX module and plug it into a Hitec transmitter.
Will have to wait to get one of them tho. []

*&%#ing ex! [:@]
Old 10-19-2008, 05:20 PM
Woodsy

LOL, at least she's now an ex.

Have you closed down that account yet? Also hows the smoking going, hope your still on the wagon but if you've had a puff don'r worry just try again.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:17 PM
The_Mongrel

ORIGINAL: EDFjet

I stopped getting mine. What i did was typed in www.rcuniverse.com into the address bar, and an email confirmation system came up. Filled in my email address, then entered the confirmation word, and it was good as new

THAT DID IT!!! THANKS!!

It would have been nice to get an email from them to say how to go about it!

Thanks mate - You are a genius!

Cheers
-J
Old 10-19-2008, 07:22 PM
bleary

ORIGINAL: clovus

Is that an unopened box under the table Bleary?

clovus
Na mate,just an old one.Everything is built except an A10 and a Microjet and a P38.Run out of room!
Bleary.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:18 PM
maiden-crash

haha thats what my mum was yelling at me while I was building the Enigma. There were parts scettered in practically every space of our house and decking and garage.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:45 PM
clovus

MC,

It's all gone quiet with the Enigma. It was such a lot of work, wot happened to it?

clovus
Old 10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
maiden-crash

I crashed it a few weeks back, completetely destroyed the right wing. Serve's me right I guess for flying in the wind I did. Got it on camera too.
Old 10-19-2008, 11:27 PM
VeeAte

Woodsy:

These things happen mate. Cuts ya up, but what can ya do?
Build planes thats what!

I am guilty of havin a few smokes a day since all that drama. Went 5 days with none then that happened. Still keeping it very minimal tho so pretty happy with myself.

On a brighter note.......

Was talking to my instructor this morning and mentioned I ordered the GLM Corsair. He asked how much it weighed and I said around 400g. He then told me he has 3x 25 amp Turnigy ESC's and a turnigy brushless motor I can have for it.

So all I need now are some HXT900 servo's and a RX and I am in business!
Cant wait. [8D]

Am I better off buying AR6200's? Or would one of the smaller PF type Spektrum receivers a better idea cause of the weight?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:03 AM
VeeAte

Does someone have one of the GLM warbirds on hand?

Specifically the Corsair tho it may not matter.
Just wondering if someone can measure the battery compartment so I can figure out which Lipo to order from HC.

Probably going to go with a Rhino battery. Guessing I will need something around 3s and 1200-1400mAh ?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 AM
reuben199

Hey Veeate, I've just brought another spektrum receiver and I got the AR6200, the reasoning for this was they are full range and still small, that way you can use them in future planes, the AR6000, AR6100, AR6100E, AND AR6300 are only rated to parkflyers.
The Ar6200 can be a pain with its remote receiver in smaller planes but if you can fit it then it might be better in the long run, my new foamy has the AR6200 on it, only because I didn't want to be limited with what the next plane it goes in to will be. I hope thats not to confusing -Reuben
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 AM
VeeAte

Thanks Reuben.
I was hoping the 6200 would be ok. As my other planes are all .40 size or larger nitro's and wanted to be able to use it on one of them if I have to.
Wasnt sure if the weight would be an issue. Glad it wont be.

[8D]
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 AM
reuben199

Hey Veeate,

The weights are
AR6000 -7 grams
AR6100-3.5 grams
AR6100e -4.4 grams
AR6300 -2 grams (but has JST connectors)
AR6200 -10 grams but full range.

Hope this helps -Reuben
Old 10-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Woodsy

V8, Rowdy has/had the Corsair, i think he was runing a 1500mah 3 cell in it.

Oh and it went on TNT express today
Old 10-20-2008, 01:18 AM
bleary

You can normally carve a bit of foam to fit anyway but probably best not to go any heavier than 1500 or so for that plane.I am actually flying my GWS Spitfire ( the tree magnet one..[:@]) with one of the Rhino 1050 3S 30C jobbies...great little lipo and nice and thin and a useful size for lightweight stuff.I also have a few of the Rhino 1300 size and they are good as well but quite a bit thicker which makes it tricky on some planes.Whatever size you get,get at least 2 of them,preferably 3 or even 4 for good sessions.
Cheers,
Bleary.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Rowdy_b64

ORIGINAL: Woodsy

V8, Rowdy has/had the Corsair, i think he was runing a 1500mah 3 cell in it.

Oh and it went on TNT express today
Still do Woodsy .. flew her on Saturday
I am using a 2000 3S in her, but lighter would be OK I think .. can't rightly remember where the balance point is .. I just load a 3S in her and off we go ...

V8 ... point re the landing gear though .. it's really crap !!! Where it mounts into the wing you will need to reenforce it. I had so much grief I had to mount some balsa reenforcement in the wing and screw/epoxy the gear to it!! A pain .. you may do better if you epoxy the gear it from the word go ...

Cheers
Rowdy
Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 AM
bleary

I guess thats the advantage of keeping it light Rowdy.I can easily hand launch with my left hand (I'm right handed) so I can keep my right hand on the ELE/AILE stick (flying mode 2) it just floats away really, although doing landings with wheels is fun,they look so much better without the gear hanging down.Flew my Haikong Spitty and Ultrafly FW190 yesterday for the first time in a while and I had fun roaring past myself with strafing runs but the gear hanging down just looks wrong...I may be removing it from those balsa planes as well! might have to make myself a little launching dolly though.
Cheers,
Bleary
Old 10-20-2008, 03:15 AM
VeeAte

Awesome. Thanks Woodsy! [8D]

Thanks for the tip Rowdy. I have a heap of balsa so will reinforce the landing gear from the get go.

The instructor just sent me a message saying he has a few 3s 1350 lipo's I can have as well. So I should be right for batteries. Just gotta wait for the servo's.

By then she will be all ready for the maiden.

Not sure wether to put the flycam on it for the maiden or not. Guess if I put it on top of the wing it should be ok. Will attach it close to the fuse and check the lateral balance just to be safe but.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:34 AM
tam popo

Woodsy - thanks for that on the New Timer, it seems to fit the bill perfectly as you mentioned (2S and 200W b/less).

Finished the TMoth, a good job done, now I just need the right weather!! Its blowing 25mph here for the next week with no let-up. So last night I resurrected the SonOfSatan and stuck a bigger 200W motor with a 2200 2S up its chuffer - should be able to handle winds up to 15+mph....I hope. Sod patience, I want to fly something

The 'Stang is very slowly taking shape as well.

PS: for those that don't know, the SonOf Satan is a cut-down Stryker, now with big Futaba 3003 servos, AR6100 and reinforced - and looks like your worst nightmare!!! Children run for cover when it flies.....
Old 10-20-2008, 03:35 AM
Rowdy_b64

V8 .. No probs Pal,
I wish you well with her .. She's a bit ungainly in the air .. but a fun little plane .. And still looks the part .. you can tell she's a Corsair ..and so cheap .. you don't really mind so much if anything untoward happens
Be careful with her wingtips .. I have broken them 3 or 4 times just carrying the plane to the car!! very annoying !!!

Bleary .. I tried flying mine without gear .. but her weight was all wrong without it .. flew like a pig!! Spose I could have a added weight somewhere .... ????
Just decided to beef up the gear instead. I really like ROG planes. I set up my Hellcat with gear ... I especially hate hand launching wide bodied fighters!!!

For any of you blokes withot funjets .. I truely recomend them. The wind REALLY got up early on Saturday .. and the Funjet was the only plane I had I felt comfortable in flying. A real rocket .. but glides like a dream as well. Dead sticked her in once (bad solder joint) and had incredible grief with her the first flight of the day ... was a real handful .. at altitude . all over the shop. Dropped the throttle right down, after thinking .. Man i'm gonna lose this .. and she glided in OK .. On the deck .. found the conopy sticking up in the air !! Acted like another elevator! Put some lacky bands round her .. all sweet.
This plane is a MUST for the fleet IMHO.

Cheers blokes
Rowdy
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 AM
VeeAte

That sounds like a cool plane Tam!

Need one of those dive bomb whistles attached to it now.

I got one somewhere. Thinking of putting it on the Corsair. As they were known as "Whistling Death" in the war.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:38 AM
geoffviper

EDF

dont know mate
Rowdy didnt like it a lot and l found it a bit lacking in power
will see what happends
with the new bit of power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.