RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/)
-   -   Badius Owners Club III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/park-flyers-backyard-flyers-148/6371525-badius-owners-club-iii.html)

nyflyer56 12-24-2007 01:22 PM

RE: Badius Owners Club III

Ken,
I am not the motor expert, you tell me if this is a good bet.

Mac,
I have done the solo Christmas thing a few times, and I kind of liked it. I visited with local friends, who are sort of family to me, and had a very relaxing peaceful day.
Due to still recovering from my Kidney treatment, I am staying home this year as well, Cathies kids came to visit last night, and my son will stop over tomorrow. That's all good for me.

Lou,
Same to you and TEGE

Airbourne in Japan 12-24-2007 05:00 PM

CHRISTMAS IS HERE CHRISTMAS IS HERE HAHAHAHA:D woke up at 6.30. kids awake at 6.40 and have got their stockings. noticed that Santa has delivered the presents. next stop, wife waking up at 7.30-8am (she always sleeps 'late' on her day off and no day off until maybe 4th jan after today)

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

have fun flying Mac

ktaylor 12-24-2007 05:47 PM

Phil, I guess it depends upon what we're going to be flying. If it's a flat foamie like the Yak, that should work fine as a standard motor. If its one of those foam jets from BP hobbies, then we might want a little more oomph.

Just spent the last 4 hours cutting firewood. Cool way to pass Christmas eve, for me at least. Solitary work, & feeling like I did something useful. Now I gotta go unload & split the bigger pieces. Its ok, I like splitting the wood too, just not unloading & stacking.

ktaylor 12-24-2007 05:51 PM

Brad, Fed Ex says they delivered the Dogfights Dvd's to your house today, left them at the door.

Loubud 12-24-2007 06:15 PM

Been listening to Christmas music all day.
Elaine has a wide taste for music. So far I've heard Classical, regular and Jazz Christmas.

DJ,
I'll cut you and Phil a copy of the Jazz CD's. Mild Jazz which is good for me since since I'm a whitey and don't get it.:D You'll dig it. And both you and Phil can't have too many CD's.
Get some DJ'ing in soon.

Mac,
Get some good vids. You know how we like those. Don't leave anything on the cutting room floor.

FERNDALE AIR FORCE 12-24-2007 07:07 PM

Hi all, I'm safely ensconced at my brothers. I can't fly anything, way to windy. Put the micro cessna in the air and got some laughs but very little controlled flight. I may have the first christmas injury. I sprung my thumb playing tetherball with my nephew.

Have fun,

Tim

Airbourne in Japan 12-24-2007 07:19 PM

well Scott, it was Moet that i bought, and i've drunk it all, so at 9.15am i'm a happy camper. presents all opened, everyone happy. i bought my ltlle girl a toy vacuum cleaner and she happily vacuumed with her Mum this morning. later off to the onsen for lunch and massage and sake, so i will be sleeping this afternoon. Santa, you ******* hahahahahahaha:D:D:D

TerryE 12-24-2007 08:33 PM

Hi all :)

I have been very busy with Mom here - everything is going well.

I just could not let the Christmas season pass without wishing my virtual family

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR

I look forward to many more stories, planes, and great times with all of you. Please pass along my wishes to your "significant others" - and families.

May God bless and prosper you all in this blessed time, and in the New Year as well.

Terry

nyflyer56 12-25-2007 12:16 AM

Lou,
Thanks, You have it nailed, I can't have too many CD's, especially the types of gigs I do, with a wide variety of ages and events.

Ken,
That is so cool that you got the Dogfights Cd. I had quite a few episodes loaded on the DVR, and it malfunctioned and I lost all of them.

Once Again:

Merry Christmas to all of you!

ktaylor 12-25-2007 12:19 AM

Waiting for a while yet to play Santa & put Gabby's Christmas presents under the tree. Just got back from flying the slow stick in the dark with the lights. Orientation was pretty good. Having the red flashing LED lights on the tail was a good idea, gave me a sense of if the plane was climbing by looking at the angle of the tail to the wing lights. The green tape over the light wire on the bottom side of the wing worked great. Only downfall of the whole thing. 79 watts is just enough to make the slowstick fly & not much else. Couldn't pull much of a loop from level flight. Need to go up to a 10 inch prop instead of the 9x6 that I have on there. I'll hafta look & see what I have in my prop cabinet. Kind of cold at 22° F, especially just standing still for 25 minutes. Using the 4000 mah pack with a 7 amp draw took forever for the performance to degrade to the point where I thought it might be close to a full discharge. Probably could have flown for another 10 minutes, but I was frozen. Checked the pack voltage, 10.82 volts. Pretty good discharge I'd think.

Anyhow, gonna go sit in front of the fire for a bit, get warmed up better & then go play Santa.

Merry Christmas!!

ktaylor 12-25-2007 12:23 AM

Phil, I wanted to everybody something for Christmas, but theres so many mudflappers in this group that I'd need to borrow Brad's credit card to do that, so I figured I'd get the Dogfights DVD to get passed around & hopefully one of the guys will be able to burn some copies. Too bad they don't have this second season on DVD yet, I like those episodes better than the first season, more WWII stuff in it so far.

Oh yeah, with my slow stick flight, perfect conditions other than the cold. 4mph wind, not a cloud in the sky, just a touch of a fog that the city lights picked up & allowed me to occasionally see a profile of the plane, and a full moon. I kept trying to make the stick fly through the moon. Worked a couple times, then I quit doing it cause it would ruin my night vision some.

export! 12-25-2007 01:48 AM

Did anyone win the damn lottery yet!!!!

What the hell a few more gifts might be nice....

Q and 16

Have a great one all. The stockings are stuffed and the presents are under the tree. I didn't see anything that looked as big as a RTF so we'll see how I make out. My wife is going to be really happy with her stuff for sure!

Scott

tam popo 12-25-2007 07:06 AM

Merry Christmas guys from across the Pond!! - Got my 'Stang but not allowed to start buiding till Mother-in-law has gone (soon I hope!!). Can't build so I just cuddle it and drool.....she's watching "Gone with her Wind", a piece of classic shi.. cinema!!! I need some sanity, I need to fly/build. Help!!!![:o] seriosly, to everyone her have a good Xmas but a better flying New Year, may your crashes be few.
New Years resolution: Think about it, every world-class athlete (any sport) has to practice constantly to improve. They don't rest till the training is done. And thats my goal next year, to get out there in any weather nd try to fly. No sitting waiting for the wind to die down a bit, just get out, if it crashes just rebuild. Practice makes perfect, and no excuses for mistakes - determination to be good at flying, not mediocre. Can't wait for Cruella to leave....... Byeeee......

AJ1202 12-25-2007 07:09 AM

Well I hope everyone had a good Christmas
I have to go back and read a couple pages and get caught up, but I'm so excited I have to share my Christmas events

We did all our Christmas activities yesterday, started out here at the house with my wife our son and his girlfreind, had a nice breakfast then did the gift opening

I was a bit surprised toward the end as my son had gone and bought me the E-Flight CX heli from the LHS, this is the used heli he had with all the extra stuff, Robbie had told me it needed a RX but it was still a real good deal, well I decided to hook it up just to see what was wrong with it and I couldn't believe it when it came to life and everything seemed to be working fine [X(]

So off to the front yard we went and spent the next 5 min flying it around the yard :D
I couldn't find a thing wrong with it, SO now I have a nice little heli to play with, it was realy cool

Well then came the Jaw dropping tear shedding final present,,, I was told to go to my room without dinner,,,,,, no wait that was later :eek::) any way when I was called back my wife and son are standing in the middle of the living room holding up this 6' box, [X(] I couldn't tell what it was at first then I focused on the logo and realised they had went and bought the Byron Christen Eagle [X(]:([X(]:D I was lost for words, I don't normaly get plane stuff for Christmas so this was a shock

tam popo 12-25-2007 07:17 AM

As they said in Life of Brian "You lucky, lucky Bast...." Some size of plane, when you do some research on I-Net about it ('cos you will!!) post stats, piccys here so we can drool and covet thine neighbour. Come to think of it, in the Good Book it says thou shalt not covet thine neighbour. It doesn't say anything about drooling, chatting her up, dinner together then to the bedroom and then BAM!!! Just don't covet[:o][&o]
Have a good 'un AJ.....

gunfighterII 12-25-2007 07:27 AM

AJ,
Excellent.:D

Here's a thread on the plane, I know you won't build it as a 3rd scale, but there are a few pics of some finished ones.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_58...tm.htm#5883524

AJ1202 12-25-2007 09:27 AM

Thanks Mac

I'll get some pics later today and post them

I have a little problem though, somewhere down the line the build manuel has vanished [:o] I'm going to have to find one somewhere,, somehow. I feel I have enough experience to build it without one BUT I would rather not try it.
Still I'm tickled silly just having this huge monster to build and some day fly :D

gunfighterII 12-25-2007 09:34 AM

AJ,
Here you go,

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5224575/tm.htm

Are you going to do the real build:D Or are you doing the blasphemous build[:@]:D:D

CaptainRandy 12-25-2007 12:24 PM

AJ,

Nice going on the Eagle. Hope to see it fly at the FLY IN. That is my all time Fav Bipe too

I got a GWS Beaver with Floats. There wasn't anything that I really wanted, so I just picked that.

I have trouble focusing on too many planes at one time. I could never in a Million Years do what Dougy is doing.:D

We had a real nice Christmas Eve. Everyone is still talking to each other, so we will do some more visiting, eating and of course Drinking today.

Almost forgot........ United Hobbies/Hobby City, delivered all my goodies on Christmas Eve.. What a Company:D

Have a Great Christmas day All!:D

export! 12-25-2007 01:53 PM

Haha... got a ploat! Might be a fun thing to fly off the snow. Plus something to puddle-jump with in the spring.

Hopefully everyone is having a great day.

djnsayne 12-25-2007 02:16 PM

Merry christmas Guys!!!!!

If the lotto is still going on I'll take......24!!!!

AJ1202 12-25-2007 03:10 PM

Just went through the box and there in the bottom, under all the cut out articles and a few sheets of balsa cut out parts was,,,,,, the Build Manual :D that was a good thing to find.

Pappy I wouldn't look for it at the Fly-in, I don't think I can have it built by then,, but then again you never know.

Been cleaning up the hobby room this morning and ended up reboxing the eagle and putting it in the closet for now.

I did go through every part and it looks like you don't completely sheet the wings with balsa then glass, I will go through and completely read the manual be fore I get the box back out, this way I'm not tempted to move too quickly on the build and do something stupid

Oh and I got a digital camcorder, so once I get a 1G chip for it I can do vid with sound and use movie maker,, YAH :D

Randy you should really like the Beaver, oh my wife saw a vid of mine and now I think she wants me to get another one

Scott a ploat Eh cool

CaptainRandy 12-25-2007 05:52 PM

AJ,

You can do what I have been doing with the F-14. I do a step or two a day, and not all days. I also did not want to rush the job, as it is a little more intricate than most foamy's. All of a sudden it starts to look like a plane.

Take you time and do a good job on it. I thought the Beav would make a good first float plane for me.

I am going to eBay that Monster that I go for free, or offer it up to the guys that was interested on the Float Forum.

Airbourne in Japan 12-25-2007 05:56 PM

well christmas is over in Japan, not that it's a big thing here, only for toys'r'us. it's not a holiday only for foreigners like me. we had a nice day, however my plans for a massage and drinking sake at the onsen were derailed by drinking all of the champaign in the morning. anyway it's back to normal now and today and friday are build days. gonna do the world models voodoo mustang today. hope you are all enjoying christmas were ever you are

tam popo 12-25-2007 07:38 PM

Airborne - was that Earthquake near you (6.5 Richter etc)? Nothing on TV about it now though.
Guys, what is the nearest large airport to PhiliD for the fly-in (out of interest)?? largest town/city as well. Thanks.....